Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

HOLY CRAP!!! Need help

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tenjin 
#1 ·
Ok so yesterday I finally got my 03 rr out. They said they put a 07 radiator fan combo on it to have better cooling. They said they also added 100% coolant. No water. I like hmmm. I know when it just coolant it can foam up and not cool when it gets hot. Also it is very corrosive just by itself. So what should I do. Souls I leave it as is. Or immediately flush my system and put like engine ice in it. Plz HELP. I don't want any more damage to my baby

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#2 ·
Uh what kind of bs were you fed, by who?

The 07 fan won't even mount...

And your coolant shoul be 50/50 distiller water antifreeze the green stuff is to stop from freezing and lubricate the water is the cooling part....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#5 ·
water-wetter is pink and is allowed for track days and such because its not glycol based, it has NO freeze protection over regular water.

engine ice has glycol in it and is just expensive anti-freeze. its good down to like -30.

if you leave your bike outside in winter, id use something that has a little freeze protection.

#6 ·
To be clear

The difference between normal antifreeze and engine is is the type of glycol ... Normal antifreeze is ethylene glycol based EI is PROPYLENE glycol based

Water wetter and water mix can be made winter safe with smart use of a hydromemeter and addition of antifreeze and will have minimal impact on cooling benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.