Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Track fairing with front headlight for 09 600RR

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ZENCBR 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an 09 600RR with stock fairings. I'm thinking of making it a track only bike. Any suggestions as to where I can get a set of decent fairings? Also, I heard that it is possible to make one cut in the front fairing for one of the headlights so that bike would be street legal. Any thoughts on this? The thought that I'd never be able to ride my bike on the streets bothers me. So I'd love to have a track set up with a hole in front for the headlight.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

#2 ·
They do not make track fairings with a pre-cut hole. Everyone you see with that did it themselves. One thing I've seen also work is to drill a hole and attach a flood light when off track. Whatever you do will be custom. If you are going straight track, definitely not necessary though. If you just need something to get it legal, a detachable flood light would probably work best but you will need to tape up anything that stays on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
G
#8 ·
These were my old Track fairings. It's a simple cut with a hole saw and then I bought a set of lights from the local auto store. I spent a total of like $35. I know you have an 09 but it's the same concept.

#9 ·
I think if you ride mostly track and do occasional canyon-carving, the walmart special works best.

I ride mine to work so I chose to cut-out a headlight on my sharkskinz. Here are more pics http://www.600rr.net/vb/album.php?albumid=1154

Either way, I think investing in race fairings gave me peace of mind. It's so easy to scratch up plastic when your're doing work on the bike all the time.

Goodluck.

#13 ·
Thanks for all the advise. It looks like Catalyst Racing is the only company that sell full race fairings with pre-cut holes for the headlights. But the damn thing is $1000 plus tax! Any suggestions as to what would be a fair price to have the whole set painted black?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.