Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Waterproofing for the rainy days

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm always really skeptical of products like that. Not because I'm not sure if they will work... but because I'm not sure if they will mess up my gear at all. Personally I just use a overcoat if I need to ride in the rain. It's one of the best ways to make sure you stay completely dry.

#17 ·
Personally I use a brand called "Frogg Toggs." So far I've had great luck with them, and as far as I know they have a fairly good reputation throughout the riding community. Mine were pretty cheap, I got a full 2 piece suit for around $80.

I also use Dainese over-gloves as well, which again work great. The only problem is that it adds an extra layer of bulk in your hands which I absolutely cannot stand. I feel like I have more control over my throttle with thinner gloves.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
that's pretty cool:thumbup:

#4 ·
double thickness sliders which they use when its raining/wet as less lean angle used

#9 ·
I use one of these over my leathers

http://www.twowheel.co.uk/spada-eco...Base&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Google+Base

completely waterproof & windproof, this thing has kept me sane in winter, riding in -5C temps & torrential rain, best £40 I ever spent.

the problem with "waterproofing" leathers is, its not really possible to get everywhere covered & as soon as water gets in, it spreads, kind of like when you get the bottom of your jeans wet & you end up with wet knees.

this is especially the case with perforated leathers since you can't block the holes with waterproofing.

#10 ·
I use one of these over my leathers

http://www.twowheel.co.uk/spada-eco...Base&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Google+Base

completely waterproof & windproof, this thing has kept me sane in winter, riding in -5C temps & torrential rain, best £40 I ever spent.

the problem with "waterproofing" leathers is, its not really possible to get everywhere covered & as soon as water gets in, it spreads, kind of like when you get the bottom of your jeans wet & you end up with wet knees.

this is especially the case with perforated leathers since you can't block the holes with waterproofing.
We have a winner! Thanks Swan, this seems great, now I have to couple it with over-gloves and over-boots, and I'm all set. I take it's comfortable for 1 hour long rides even based on your feedback?

#15 ·
I can't say I sweat that much in it, mine isn't tight so maybe theres a bit of airflow through it. but to be honest I'd rather get to where I'm going slightly sweaty than being soaked to the skin lol. it is a good suit for the winter because it does hold the heat in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.