Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Anyone Spitting Fire

16K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  edelbrock231 
#1 ·
Does anyone have their bike set up to where it will shoot flames out of the exhaust? Thinking about setting it up on my bike. Not like the kits that make the exhaust pipes flame throwers lol.

#5 · (Edited)
all you need to do it put a spark plug in the exhaust & a power source that you control. click on-spark=flame :gun1: pretty easy. another trick we used to do to our muscle cars was running bleach mixed mostly w/h2oh in the window washing lines back to our rear tyres. hidden up in fender wells, so we could smoke them out really easy for friday night drags in college station & every other college town in the 80s :banger:
i would not recommend the later for the tandem vehicles. bleach might as well be wd40 on our tyres lol

track day providers don't condone sparky pucks or flame shooting bikes. if you're running race fuel it's gonna flame when you roll off from higher rpms due to back pressure. as seen in post #3

#7 ·
My friends got a gsxr 750 w a super short 2bros. Gives me hope fr it to work w my 2bros lol. Yea I did the spark plug trick in car works well.. specially if you jet a lil heavy oh boy lol I too would like to see a lil flame here n there will suscribe forsure

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
You would have to go richer.

More fuel gets dumped out the exhaust, which from the temperature of the tailpipe, ignites and causes the flame. It is in the vapour/gaseous form and has a better chance of igniting then liquid.

#12 ·
not messing with a high-perf motor to get flames, and putting spark plugs or pipes where they shouldnt be is also not for me, therefore if you really must have them, id keep looking for a saver less invasive way of doing it.

#19 ·
I also would like to know why you would want to do this? running a non-mapped bike isnt good

#20 · (Edited)
okay, you want flame, & have been told a method of achieving it while still maintaining a better quality tune. constantly running an engine rich or lean will ultimately mess it up w/definite certainty. lean will eat valves, rich burns up cats, o2 sensors etc. the fuel can actually wash down the cylinder walls 'clearing' them of their protective oil based coating and mixing with the oil reducing its lubricating properties, thus eating your rod bearings. can also will foul your valves and prevent them from seating properly, resulting in loss of power; but don't worry about all of that minor stuff.
just know your buddies will have enjoyed seeing the fire starter from beginning til end...... :spank:
whatever works for you
cheers

(note to self, look for thread on "why is my bike losing power?")

#21 ·
Any full race exhaust without a cat is going to spit flames when you roll off from 17,000 RPM after being WOT even if you have it mapped correctly. I'll get the occasional blip of fire with my Toce (No baffles) and gutted cat. I don't see any O2 sensors or anything back there on the exhaust so I have no idea how I could have changed the mapping?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.