Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Schulte's '04 Candy Tahitian Blue "build?"

15K views 95 replies 19 participants last post by  -Rizzo- 
#1 ·
Using this to document modifications, and show appreciation for things I've learned from this very site.

Picked this bike up on September 24th, it'd gone through a couple friends with life changes forcing sales, when I decided to purchase it had sold from second friend to random buyer due to money issues forcing a quick sale. Decided to browse craigslist, kid whom bought it listed bike next day in quick attempt to flip. Showed up with cash, kid lied saying he had owned it a year and a half while it'd been a week then acted as if such statement was a mistake and "he flips so many bikes". I disclosed the purchase date and price, let him make a couple hundred and came home with the bike I've wanted and knowledge of it's solid history. Insured it the next day, scheduled my riding test for the following Saturday and received my endorsement.

9/24/12 once home-

Picked up basic gear, going to expand collection this winter season for sure-

Only "issue" bike had was the signals flashed so fast they appeared solid due to the integrated rear and flush-mounts, prior owner speculated it needed a new rear taillamp, however research on here pointed to relay. Local shop ordered "plug-n-play" relay for me, yeah might have been for an '05 :crackup:. Oh well, I figured it out!-

Vortex spools/Harbor Freight stand-
\

Generic bar-ends as bike didn't have any-

Mixed feelings but tossed in an amber 5-way superbrightled-

Performed seat pin mod shown here: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=269778-

Continued.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Some misc. winter prep-

One more shot of "her"-

Bought a new OE tail fairing from infinate719 on here, having that painted now as mine has a small crack behind pass. seat. Got a few other mods planned over the winter season as well :rocker:.

#4 · (Edited)
Get the new tail on, 15 tooth front, replace worn rainbow windscreen and cheesy fake carbon fiber mirrors, redo the plate mounting/undertail, debating Woodcraft sliders and the Corbin seat, go over it maintenance wise. Nothing insane, just really want to clean it up and be sure it'll be all good next season.

Already had the Two Bros CF slip-on, so that's nice.

I'm also wondering if the '05-'06 pass. footpegs will bolt up, small detail but I like the open/cut-out portion versus our solid design.

#5 ·
Hey man, figured I'd check your thread out. I'd do a tripage adj tag bracket for your plate, I have one and love it. I'd also invest in driven d3 grips or renthal ones. Also slowboy res sock, slowboy key, 90deg valve stems next tire change, oem solo cowl if u want, Corbin seat like u said, if u want to do a sprocket mine as well do a ek mvxz chain (come in blue also), might need a speedo drd to adjust speedo, and some lawst catz frame plugs.

Sent via iPhone 4s

#7 ·
Hey man, figured I'd check your thread out. I'd do a tripage adj tag bracket for your plate, I have one and love it. I'd also invest in driven d3 grips or renthal ones. Also slowboy res sock, slowboy key, 90deg valve stems next tire change, oem solo cowl if u want, Corbin seat like u said, if u want to do a sprocket mine as well do a ek mvxz chain (come in blue also), might need a speedo drd to adjust speedo, and some lawst catz frame plugs.

Sent via iPhone 4s
Good looking out, those frame plugs are an awesome minor detail I'd never thought of too.

You'll probably receive a couple PM's from me when the spending begins.
Very nice! Have always liked that blue.
Thanks, me too! :banger:

#11 ·
Tag LED showed, so I installed such, placed vacuum tube over wires to protect them, ran such through the composite to the harness, my mount doesn't look great up close but it works, came like such-

Oh yeah, I cleaned up the wiring :banger:-

Helmet holders? Tie-downs? Don't know, don't need 'em :lol:-

#14 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

It was separating me from the TV, but I moved some things around now it's right at home. :D

The problem I'm having with TV as I work is that it's taking me a LOT longer to do what I set out to do. 2 hours to remove the fairings? Haha, guess I shouldn't try catching up on The Walking Dead as I work...

#15 ·
Luckily I'm caught up on The Walking Dead, season 3 is killing me though. Losing interest right now. Any smell coming off from the fluids etc.? I almost brought mine into the house through the sliding door and slid the pool table over :lol:.

#18 ·
Easy & cheap mods! Actually kept my reservoir, it's in the fairing hidden as-is so decided it wasn't a bother. I went back and forth in deciding.

You just going to do the line and plug, or relocate another reservoir? I ordered the Brembo reservoir in anticipation of using it, hasn't even arrived yet. If it could be of use to you let me know.

#31 ·
Took it out Saturday for a meet, pretty much last deal this year so I cleaned it up, local girl I know took an awesome pic for me-

My .net keychain and blue key showed too! Key to be cut still, but had to mock it up!-

#34 ·
Very nice man, hope to see it next year in person
Oh you will, for sure! Can't wait.

I had that identical bike. i love that blue!!!
Called a Yamaha too often, but I do love it. It's flashy, so I try to keep it clean due to such. Sometimes crave a more subtle color so I wouldn't worry about my bike's appearance so much.

Yesterday on Thanksgiving was the last official ride. I have some new parts in route so there will be updates coming!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.