Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Motorcycle rear ends car on highway

4K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  Bimmerx2 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Damn... hope this guy is alright.

I can't stand f*in people who decide it's a great idea to stop in the middle of the freeway, at least have the smarts to pull over to the actual shoulder, on the opposite side of the free way. This dickbag at ~15 sec. deserves all the responsibility of this. I can't believe people think that it's a good idea to do that.

Reactions: P42K
#3 ·
Holy crap. The impact! Man, I feel for the rider. Friend of mine had a similar incident on a Saturday morning two weeks ago... in town. His lower leg got crushed and have had 3 ops already. Fortunately it was a low speed incident, unlike this video. The rider in this case has more life threatening danger being run over by an cager than the original impact caused. Hope he survived.

#4 · (Edited)
As bad as that sucks and as much as i feel bad, the rider could have prevented this from happening. From what I can tell the guy is on the brakes hard not just slamming on them. If he would have gave a little more room between himself and the car I think he would have made it around without an accident.

Just my $.02 though. Hope he's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
agree he should've been able to swerve around and agree that that dumbass shouldn't have come to a complete stop on the freeway

i've had a handful of f*cking snowbirds (old ass retired people that are blind and can't drive that come to arizona to live during the winter) come to a complete stop in the middle of the damn road to make a left hand turn!...

do the signal? absolutely not.
do they gradually slow down? nope, slam on their brakes at the last second.

apparently the states they come from dont have suicide lanes...

luckily i give myself a nice following distance so can always get on the brakes and stop in time. i never swerve around because i never know what the f*cktard is gonna do. i usually just sit behind them holding my horn and flipping them off til they can turn and the traffic jam behind them can now proceed

next one that does it i'm following and giving them a not so nice lesson on how to drive. one of these times I'M gonna get rear ended!!

#14 ·
What are you guys talking about? That cager wasn't a **** at all. If you watch the video closely, you can see that he stopped because there was an accident involving two cars in front of him. As the car with the camera passes you can see that there are two cars with their 4-way flashers going in the left lane. There's also a guy that appears to be on his phone on the side of the road and an orange pilon in the lane.

Yes, maybe the guy in the car did stop pretty abruptly, but the rider was also flying too fast.

#17 ·
That's what it looked like to me, too. Biker should've been paying more attention to the flow of traffic. The car didn't look like it stopped all that abruptly from what I remember so the bike should've had time to slow it down - looks like maybe he wasn't interested in that. Sad to see anyone hurt, but it wasn't the car's fault imo

#15 ·
Wow, that's a pretty hard hit. I hope he's ok, but I also agree that by the looks the rider was going way, way too fast. As quickly as he comes into the screen it doesn't even look like he touched his brake, almost looks like he was speeding up to pass the car he hits on the right, but they hit their brakes and he doesn't get the chance.

#21 ·
their is a KPH in the bottom right corner and the car with the camera is doing about 80mph and slows down right before accident to around 60mph the biker was moving probably around 80 and just wasnt paying enough attention to what was going on... i hate saying that it was porbably his fault but if he was doing speed limit and paying more attention this accident could def been avoided...

#24 ·
You dont feel bad that someone may have lost their life or a family lost a loved one? Someone must have programmed you wrong.

From what i can tell the rider was going a little too fast and may have been able to make it through the gap like he was trying to. Although people in Russia are pretty dumb and have not a single clue how to drive or how modern day civilization works sometimes. So its a mixture of riders fault and the people that stopped on the freeway and didn't fine a safer place. Sucky situation if you ask me and i hope he made it out.

#26 ·
Biker had nearly five seconds to react to those brake lights they were solid and clear.

The snowbirds were going to exit to the right and do not know how to drive, their licenses should be revoked. You simply don't stop on a highway like that, unless you're the equivalent of a crack smoking degenerate deserving of death. If the stopped driver had died, I would forgive them.

Biker was traveling 30-40 mph faster than the flow of traffic. Twenty mph over gives a more reasonable chance, especially in rainy/wet conditions. Biker has to make that cut between the cars, plenty of room.

The water on the windshield of the car came from the rider and bike's impact.

Destiny though, if the rider had made the cut, the snowbirds would have turned right in front of them and of course an inevitable T-bone. The car in the far lane wouldn't hit them as their speed allowed control and a safe distance to stop.

The rider probably got hurt.

#37 ·
That was ugly. If he made it out alive he was hurting.

That is why it's up to the rider to pay attention and develop good riding habits. That guy obviously wasn't paying any attention to the car in front of him even though it's the single most important thing on the road (to him). A lot of drivers/riders get lulled into some kind of strange sense of security where they think all of the other drivers on the road are going to do exactly what is expected. That works 99% of time but the 1% when it doesn't can be bad, really bad. On a motorcycle it's usually worse than really bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.