Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

CBR Shoguns Rebuild Thread

3K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  jdlandry06 
#1 · (Edited)
So earlier this year i decided to do some street gymnastics during the olympics and cartwheel my way down the street, great thing was i came out relatively unscathed and with a great reason to have the sexiest 600rr in Australia!
let me know your thoughts and what i should do next! i feel if she's complete but i know theres always more!

Enjoy the photos guys!
Heres a photo of my RR just before the crash...

See less See more
#4 ·
So i had a cold front tire, locked it up hitting a manhole and came off going about 70kmph (40 mph) which wasn't the best thing to do. lessons learnt i must say. thought ild save myself the highside ride so i didn't even bother trying to save it and she hit the sandstone curb and ripped it outta the ground. noone wants to see this sight at night...

#9 · (Edited)
So after reading numerous threads about aftermarket farings and the horror storys associated with getting them from online i decided to go with Auchmarts, fitment was a MF'er the tabs/ clips on the gas tank, front cowl, etc were a pain to get in so i decided to drill small holes in the fairings and zip tie them so i wouldn't have the risk of them peeling off when going at high speeds. paint didn't have any runs which was a massive surprise! and packaging was phenomenal super safe and no damage. all in all it took about 6weeks to sydney australia from date ordered which was a lot longer than expected but what can you expect?!

#26 ·
They're 1.5" I think, I'll double check when I head out of the office. Biggest problem I has was the front reservoir had clearance issues with the screen so I had to modify the bracket a little to get it to clear.
Problem that people don't note is that the clip one are a little bit more cumbersome so you can't lock the handle bars when parked, if anyone can find a way around this it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#17 ·
Nice build you have going. Next things you should upgrade are the brake lines and rearsets.

If you're able to, shorten the exhaust canister too. It looks like it will be able to shorten just like the Jardine RT-1 dual.

#19 ·
got any close up pics of where you had to zip tie fairings,just wondered how good,or bad fairing fitting was ,out of 10 whats fitment of fairing,whats the worse fitting areas where you had to zip tie,pics would be nice
bikes looking great though,all cosmetic damage from crash then,forks etc all ok?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.