Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

SPY 5000m Alarm/Remote Start Install DIY

163K views 453 replies 57 participants last post by  qteter 
#1 · (Edited)
Guide to installation of Spy 5000m alarm and remote start! There is really nothing out there so Im going to explain the way I did it with tips and pictures! *I am not responsible for any damage done so do at your own risk (I fried my computer the first time I did it). The bike is a 2007 cbr600rr but you can use this for other years too but wires may be different-- pm me if you need help.

Lets get to work:

1. Remove necessary parts-- DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE THE BATTERY!

2. Hide all the equipment and run the wires - I used space under the seat and in passenger seat (when I installed the Led the whole was too large that I drilled so I lined the light with tape to secure it).. Dont forget to add heat shrink to protect the wires and keep them organized/compact **I moved some of my equipment than pictured to be better hidden**

3. Yellow wires - Splice into bikes turn signals (light blue and orange wire in photo)

3. Blue wire- Splice into bikes red/yellow wire on large relay with main 30amp fuse (This is what starts the bike and I think its the starter relay but correct me if im wrong)

4. Brown Wire- needs to go into any of the bikes key on positive so I spliced into one of the wires on the back of the fuse box (i think it was one going into the headlight/turnsignals/ horn relay but use a test light to find one) --- it is the red/black bike wire

5. Pink and Gray wires are the ones that confuse everyone the most so here is how I did it -- You need to find a wire that is hot when the kill switch is on and turns off when the kill switch is off (use a test light!) I found a red wire (it was solid red but it looked like a white or silver dot on it too) that goes in the back of a harness on the right of the battery. Once you find this wire you have to cut it and connect the gray to the side going from the harness and connect the pink to the side going towards the harness (I soldered the wires & dont forget heat shrink or some sort of insulations)

6. The red and black wires -- are attached to the battery last (use an adapter thing at the end of the wires to secure the connection -mine are marine ones) *there are two grounds in this set up so dont be confused that you have two black wires, both are grounds although I did not connect both to the battery (One is connected to the frame)**

7. Your spy alarm and bike are now set up! Check all connections and start playing with the remote! I have a digital copy of the manual as well so pm me if you need that.

***THE BIKE WILL NOT REMOTE START IN GEAR AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE KICKSTAND DOWN contrary to others beliefs***

-I am also uploading a review video to youtube right now so ill have that up soon too! ******video add on a few posts down*****

See less See more
#240 ·
Qteter, this is an awesome thread that you've started.

I connected all my wires the way you described, but my alarm system isn't even turned on. The LED doesn't blink, and the keychain display doesn't show any signal bars, or a lock/unlock symbol. The bike (09CBR600RR) still runs normally, but the Alarm system is behaving as if it wasn't even plugged into the battery. Can you help?

Also, I was wondering what the purpose of the Brown wire is?

Thanks!

#242 ·
So much for getting on here Friday... So who is having issues with the diode method that I may be able to help out?

On a side note ever since I have put in my alarm my battery dies after 3 days, I'm assuming i need a new battery since I've never replaced it in 3 years but was just curious if anyone else had and draining issues?

#246 ·
:(. If/when you get a replacement, throw it under the gas tank cover. It's where mine is and I have no problems with it.. when I have a remote.

Speaking of that.. Still looking for someone willing to sell me a spare remote. I had another attempted theft of the bike the other night. I updated my almost stolen thread. Idiots cut my antenna for the alarm but left the brain unit and siren in place.. :retard::retard:

Also going to take this chance to do the RFID install that InstitutionalizedRR did, just need to see if it messes with the remote start(one of my favorite features of the 5000m).

#249 ·
Why do you have so many people trying to steal from you??
Lol.. People are jealous? I have no idea. The bike is nothing special honestly, yet :D...

If you can't get one under warranty, I will go in on a new setup with you. You can have the microwave sensor and I'll take the remotes :D

#253 ·
Hi people! I recently bought a SPY 5000m for my 2007 CBR600RR and I searched the internet for the wiring diagram on how to connect it. When I was searching to see where other people are placing the alarm, I found this forum. I just want to offer my help in explaning what the wires are on the alarm. Hopefully I can be some help. First of all, I have not install the alarm to my bike yet, but I do want to explain for the people who are wondering what and how the alarm works. Take my opinion/knowledge into consideration but do it at your own risk. And I have not read the whole forum to find out what has been covered or not (read about the first 6 pages).

I'll start on what wire does what on the alarm:
Red: Powers the alarm module - should connect to battery positive
Black: Grounds the alarm module - should connect to frame or battery ground
Brown: Ignition Power - should connect to ignition power positive side
Blue: Remote Start - should connect to starter solenoid positive side
Yellow & Yellow: turn signal lights - should connect to left & right turn signals positive
Gray & Pink: Kills the bike (This seems to be the one people stumble on. I'll do some explanation here. This should connect to the kill switch. On older bikes in general, some of them do not have a kill switch; therefore, the alarm manual shows that it connects to the ignition. The kill switch provides a path to power a relay that provides power to the ignition coils and injectors. For bikes that does not have kill switch, the ignition does the same thing. The kill switch should be cut and connect with the Gray & Pink wires. When the alarm receives a signal to kill the bike, it cuts off power to the relay and shuts off power to ignition and injectors etc. - cut kill switch positive wire, connect positive wire to alarm Pink wire and connect alarm Gray wire to negative side of kill switch wire

For the people that wonder why their bikes would remote start or remost shut off even with some wires uninstalled, there's a reason for it. First, you guys did connect the blue wire, which would enable the remote start. Second, even with the Gray & Pink wire uninstalled, the bike would still shut off (not through the proper designed way). When you press a certain button on the remote to kill the bike, the alarm will cut power to the Brown wire. This wire provides power to the bike's computer (indirectly). When the bike's computer has no power, it'll stop the signal for ignition and injector and therefore, stops operation.

Like I said, I haven't actually install it into my bike yet, nor did I test and confirm what each wires are. I actually just came back home from being away 2 years, so I haven't even seen my bike yet. But here's how I would wire my bike according to the 2007 CBR600RR wiring diagram (for consideration only, at least till I install or confirm the wires):

(Alarm wire - Motorcycle wire)
Red - Battery Positive (at battery)
Black - Battery Negative or Frame (at battery or frame)
Blue - Yellow/Red (Technically is yellow/red, but you guys called it red/yellow) (close to starter)
Brown - Red/Blue (under fuse box)
Gray & Pink - Blue (cut blue wire and joint positive side to pink and gray to negative side of wire) (under first relay beside fuse panel)
Yellow - Light Blue (you should be able to find this one)
Yellow - Orange (you should be able to find this one as well)

#270 ·
I hook up the alarm on my bike and the Pink and Gary is for the kill switch for the alarm when it go off. it's optional to connect them, Lot of people burn there alarm brain with these two wire when incorrect wiring with the bike. the alarm will function with out these two wires. If they need to be connect it would need to be in series,

#257 ·
So I finally got around to getting a new battery for my bike and I was just curious at how long the bike can sit before the battery would die, about 2 weeks?
I was also wondering if the alarm isn't armed then it isn't going to drain the battery at all correct? I'm not too worried about this not but I was just curious.

#259 ·
Hey Guys, I'm installing this on a 2011 Kawi ZX-10R (because my 2007 CBR 600rr was recently stolen) and I think I have it down. Just wanted to confirm a couple things.

Has anyone tried New Guy's approach and confirmed it works? I read the diagram that the red wire on the alarm goes to the key on positive part of the key switch, not direct to the battery? Doesn't it make a difference or am i just wrong?

Gray and Pink Wires. You shouldn't need to connect one side to kill switch positive and one to kill switch negative. It's a switch. All you should have to do is wire them in series with with the wire for kill switch on positive.

Blue wire I'm send straight to my starter button.

If anyone knows what CDI means on the Alarms wiring diagram that would help us a lot.

Got a quote to have this installed for $250 bucks. I think it's worth a shot to do it myself.

#271 ·
For the red color wire. As long as you getting 12 volt constant power then is ok, but it's better have them wire from the thicker wire. if it's not direct connect it to the batteries positive side.

I hook up the alarm on my bike and the Pink and Gary is for the kill switch for the alarm when it go off. it's optional to connect them, Lot of people burn there alarm brain with these two wire when incorrect wiring with the bike. the alarm will function with out these two wires. If they need to be connect it would need to be in series,

hook up all the wire with out the Pink and Gary. the system will work.

#261 ·
So remote start won't work on HISS models?

#266 ·
SO... my Spy alarm just paid for itself last night. Thieves came by at 3AM and started lifting the cover off of my bike. The alarm went off and they ran.

Today, I still have a motorcycle thanks to the alarm. I'm pissed that we have a thief problem, but couldn't be happier that I still have my bike.
its a good feeling isnt it!! glad they didnt get yo shyt!!

#274 ·
Anybody have a remote they will sell me? I can't find my backup one and I dropped my other one in the toilet (drunk )..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Good luck, been working on this for a while..

Your best bet is to hit up the manufacturer... but they will tell you to just buy a new system >.>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.