Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Under jeans protection

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  JSchulte 
#1 ·
Anyone got any recommendations on under jeans protection? Looking at Alpinestars Bionic Free Ride Shorts for $89.00 @sbtg

I don't got money for full leathers so I was thinking of these with a set of knee protectors should suffice for street riding. I got a Astar leather jacket and boots but I feel my legs and butt are unprotected.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Condom!!!!

#6 ·
Yes, this is the answer. Probably just as effective at high speeds.

Over your jeans? Doesn't it look silly?
Why would they look silly, they just look like another pair of pants - I think you've got them confused with something else. I'd say go with a pair of overpants with built-in protection on jeans - that'll give you 2 layers of abrasion (not nearly as good as leather, but better than just jeans). Overpants will be much easier to remove when you get to your any destination and you'll feel more comfortable than wearing armor underneath.

Here's what they look like in case you're not sure - just looks like a normal pair of pants, slightly larger than normal in width perhaps:

I have the A*s bionic shorts, which I sometimes wear with this combination of overpants on jeans, but the best solution is leather when you can get it.

#7 ·
^^ bahahaha, I knew somebody would back me up!!

#9 ·
Nvm I thought u used the under amour over your pants.

You could wear it over tight pants and still under overpants (between 2 layers, in other words), but I would never wear it outside or an impact will likely move it, making it ineffective. That kind of armor is set into a Lycra material an,d made to hug your skin. You'll want it to stay in position. It's probably going to shift a bit anyway, but I'd say you'd be risking having it torn off in a slide if you wore it on the outside. In the end, it doesn't cost that much more for decent leather, which you could probably pick up for a decent price in the off season.

#15 ·
Got the icon skyker shorts today. Good quality and seems to have decent hip protection. At $75 this is a must for street riders with out lower protection. Got a set of knee guards also. Should be ok with jeans.

View attachment 31167

This is my present lower body setup (along with boots of course). I do not always wear the Icon vest or elbow guards but the shorts and knee guards are always on; every ride.

#17 ·
I feel them a little bit when I hug the tank. Then again, I ride a "standard/UJM" bike so how I hug the tank and how often is probably a lot different from a lot of the members on this site.

What I need to do with mine is put a towel/cloth over the back of my calf and then do the straps up over them. If I don't do this then the straps bug me. With the towel under the straps I am comfy, the knee guards vent air, and I feel like I have protection there.

There are a fair variety of these out there. Perhaps the Dainese ones would be a little less "hockey" like?

My boots are more cruiser style so there is a bit of a gap between where the end of the knee guards and and where the boots start. I tried on some A* last week and the boots ended right where the knee guards started. Continuous protection. :)

From where the knee guards end the armoured shorts start with the abrasion resistent aramid fibre and then the foam plus D3O hip padding. A nice set of comfortable gear under whatever pants you are wearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.