Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2004 or 2007 600rr? help

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  legiteuphoria 
#1 ·
Right now I am looking at purchasing 2004 or 2007 600rr.
They are both 100% stock

Both black and red however, the 07 has that one ugly silver fairing piece as opposed to the 04 flush black and red.

04: $4,900 5,200 miles -located 1 hour away
07: $6,500 3,000 miles- located 500 miles away

Both are super clean. It is a hard choice because for one I can't find nearly as many cool parts for the 04, i.e full hyperflo exhaust and I'm unsure whether or not the 07 performs or is more reliable than the 04.
I know Honda=Reliable :ciao:

Overall I like the look of the 04 more, but I'm in it for the performance and aftermarket parts. Opinions, testimonials, HELP:hello:

#2 ·
I was in the same boat as you are about 2 weeks ago! I had a choice between an 05 and an 08. Comparable mileage, but the 08 was more expensive. Also, the 08 was bone stock whereas the 05 had everything done to it that I was already planning on (major plus!).

The things I looked at were the different specs between 05 and the 08. The 05 is a little heavier and isn't as torquey in the mid-range as the 08. Also, the 04-05's are wider in the seat area, so the bike feels slightly bigger. If you can, I'd suggest sitting on both to see which is more comfortable. There are tons of mods available for the 04-05, so I wouldn't let that stop you. I think Hyperflo is working on new systems anyways, so I'm sure something will be available soon.
In the end, I rode my boyfriend's 08 to test but ended up buying the 05. Although it feels a little bigger, I like that the midrange isn't as snappy as his. I'm only 5'4 on a good day and no more than 115lbs, so frankly there's enough snap in the mid already! It just depends on your comfort with each style.

And don't forget - you can always sell and buy a different one in a year if you decide it isn't the right bike. I'm going to stick with my 05 for a couple of years, and then when I decide to switch I'll probably get an 08 when the price comes down a bit.

I also heard rumours about insurance being (possibly) lower with an older bike. I'm not sure how true this is, but you never know!

#4 ·
07!! But $6500 holy Jesus?!

That's worth no more than $5500 on a good day... I got my 08 graffiti mint with FE/cover/flush indicators/receipts to show service and all stock parts last year at this time for $6k flat and he dropped it off at my place.. That's way too expensive keep shopping.. Now is when bikes go on sale and prices drop..

That's not even close to being worth it even with aftermarket add ons.

#9 ·
Just wait.... Let your bike find you.. She'll come..

Most guys selling for those prices probably bought it for that much and want to ride for a season and sell and real even or looking to make a buck and buy a newer model same price..

To put it in perspective there is a shop in irvine with 09/10 BRAND new 0 mile bikes are MSRP $9k + fees last summer right after I bought my bike.. So yor almost paying that price for a USED 3 year older bike.. Keep that in mind.

Again just stay calm PLENTY of bikes go up.. You'll find the one. Remember they want to sell jug as bad if not worse than you want to buy

#7 ·
I'm with you, legiteuphoria. I've never seen anything close to that price...ever. I'm in Canada though, so there's a difference...

#10 ·
OP..Where you located? Your area has alot to do with it. I was in the same boat as you. High priced and not alot of them.

I ended up watching the bigger cities where there were more bikes. I still paid a lil more than I should have but it was the scheme I wanted.
Remember also... if you pay a little more for the bike you want. Only you'll know. Long as your happy, its your money.

#11 ·
Im in los angeles.

People are trying to sell for ridiculous prices, so you're right I probably should wait things out and let the bike find me.
In the mean time, it never hurts to keep looking
I was checking out dtl's bike posted on the forums classifieds

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=290924

it looks pretty damn nice and reasonable as hell. I can't see you guys shooting this one down that fast, but let me here what you think. It isn't a steal but it sure isn't a bad deal from the way things look.

#13 ·
07 no questions about it... dont even think about the 04!!!..

and the price for the 07 is too high... and I would not pay more then 5.5k

its winter time.. bikes will be cheap.. you will see prices drop.. this is the best time to start shopping but.. dont over pay!!! always remember .. MONEY TALKS :)

#14 · (Edited)
I paid about 5.8k for my 2007 CBR600RR. I bought it in December 2011 from a dealer. It had zero damage to it, ~6k miles, and had a Power Commander, Toce exhaust system, flush turn signals, fender eliminator kit, Vortex frame sliders, Puig blue windscreen, and integrated rear turn signals. Pretty much everything I planned on doing to it except for maybe some Angel Eyes.

I'm very happy with my 2007. Plenty of power, especially in the midrange, but not overpowering. Super light and trim for a 600cc too, I love it. It's also nice and low in the seat compared to an R6 or ZX6R, which is good, considering I'm 5'7 and some change.

The 2007 will have newer styling, a steering damper, and a more refined engine. Couple that with a lighter body and you have a winner.

If you like the 2004, then by all means buy it, it's still a very good looking machine, I ALMOST bought a orange and black 2006 CBR600RR. I would say don't let price govern your opinions. If you like the 2007 more, but it costs an extra grand, I'd save up my pennies for the 2007, even if that means I can't buy one for another few months, because in the end, I'll be happier with the 2007. That's exactly what I did too, once I saw and sat on that blue and silver 2007, I knew it had to be mine.

#19 ·
What can't you find for the '04 beyond that specific brand exhaust? Can't believe the low mileage! Sounds like it's already clean, leaving you more money for said mods.

I love my '04, one plus of the '05+'s though are the inverted forks.

#24 ·
Well guys, I ended up buying the 2009 that dlt was selling. I have only rode the bike home and to the gas station (I think he sold the bike so cheap because it didn't have gas :thumbup:)
The bike is amazing, the feel and engineering that went it to these bikes compared to an old map bike is crazy. The bike has some serious love handles, I mean loves to handle! Just out of curiosity I was shifting at 5-6k rpm, good or bad for these hondas, I can't tell if I'm short changing it or not because all the damn technology makes it seem like the bike rides it self.

I'm happy that I took the 2007(+) recommendations, thank you guys so much for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.