Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Schulte's '04 Candy Tahitian Blue "build?"

15K views 95 replies 19 participants last post by  -Rizzo- 
#1 ·
Using this to document modifications, and show appreciation for things I've learned from this very site.

Picked this bike up on September 24th, it'd gone through a couple friends with life changes forcing sales, when I decided to purchase it had sold from second friend to random buyer due to money issues forcing a quick sale. Decided to browse craigslist, kid whom bought it listed bike next day in quick attempt to flip. Showed up with cash, kid lied saying he had owned it a year and a half while it'd been a week then acted as if such statement was a mistake and "he flips so many bikes". I disclosed the purchase date and price, let him make a couple hundred and came home with the bike I've wanted and knowledge of it's solid history. Insured it the next day, scheduled my riding test for the following Saturday and received my endorsement.

9/24/12 once home-

Picked up basic gear, going to expand collection this winter season for sure-

Only "issue" bike had was the signals flashed so fast they appeared solid due to the integrated rear and flush-mounts, prior owner speculated it needed a new rear taillamp, however research on here pointed to relay. Local shop ordered "plug-n-play" relay for me, yeah might have been for an '05 :crackup:. Oh well, I figured it out!-

Vortex spools/Harbor Freight stand-
\

Generic bar-ends as bike didn't have any-

Mixed feelings but tossed in an amber 5-way superbrightled-

Performed seat pin mod shown here: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=269778-

Continued.....

See less See more
#33 ·
I had that identical bike. i love that blue!!!

#35 · (Edited)
Did a little "photoshoot" last week-

..and an excuse to buy a couple more impact sockets, though I misheard thinking I needed a 22mm and 27mm when it was a 32mm, luckily I own an Ecotec vehicle which happens to use a shallow 32mm specifically for it's oil filter cap!

Bike's needed a rear tire since purchase, nice flat center from what I'd presume was a burnout. Also going 520, 1 down, 1 up. Might as well do some rim stripes while off as well, so will order those as well.

#38 ·
Probably another Michelin Pilot Power 2CT, good call on buying a pair. Any personal tire recommendations?

Holy ****, you know Jay. I'm sure you know a bunch of my old buddies! I miss Michigan!

Found your bike haha. Not creepin. I'm friends with Jay on FB. Used to live in MI.
That's hilarious man, it truly is a small world.

Known Jay for around 10 years now, met him through the j-body community back then, except he still has his Cav. Awesome car he's built. I'm on the westside of MI so random you caught the pics of him out here!

#40 ·
I have run power pures every time and love them. Got 6,000 miles out of my rear and prolly 7500 out the front. That was also a lot of straight riding. Only reason I replaced them was because I bought a new pair and got new wheels so I had the new tires mounted to them. I still have a power pure with some miles left on it. Center is flat and almost to the wear bars. It's in the barn just sitting

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#41 ·
Mine sounds like yours you have hanging out, flat-spot/wear bar in center. I went with another 2ct, local place gets a good deal on them, so I ordered one as well as my rear sprocket (+1) and figured while apart I'll try this rim tape stuff.

I don't have too many more plans between tonight's order and the one I placed last night, feels nice. Sure there will be "wants" soon enough, but these were the "needs".

#45 ·
Couple more things came in today!

Magazines thanks to the forum hookup here, haven't gotten a chance to flip some pages yet-

More importantly my rear sprocket showed up, with some rim tape-

Brand new Pilot Power 2CT installed-

...and tomorrow I'll have the chain shortened and riveted on, until then she sits-

#47 ·
Ordered it from my local supplier, I did ask if mis-matching brands would cause an issue, was told I'd be fine. He's doing the chain and rear adjustment, so they'll be liable if wrong! I only went one up in the rear and this is the brand they chose that provided such and looked OE.

#48 ·
New windscreen and blue Pro-bolt's showed up, blue matched even better than anticipated, I'll miss my rainbow gradient screen! Cheesy mirrors might have to go too, came on the bike as well-

All done!-

Logged a couple miles on it today, high 50's this weekend I'll take it.

#50 ·
I'd have the change this thread's title then, too much work.

:lol: If my bike is anything like my past cars, I'll get bored eventually and that will become tempting.

Quick question Paul, with your -1, +2 does first power up real easily? I logged some break in mileage last night and was cautious due to the pavement temp and new rear tire. Keep in mind I went -1, +1 but overall while out riding I could definitely feel a change throughout.

#56 ·
Had to make it mine, plus I like working on the damn thing too much. Took a break from wrenching on anything, so this was a nice change.

Taking a break now, funny I didn't think I'd get the 520 done and actually be able to ride it, but welcome to Michigan where it can tap 60 in December.

#58 ·
Nothing major lately, slowed down with Christmas and some gun modding.

Looking at the swingarm though, and despite the safety stickers surviving the past 8 years I had to clean it up and say goodbye to them. Heatgun made easy work of this.

Couple more small mods in route now as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.