Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Might Have to Say GoodBye On Tuesday...

31K views 438 replies 78 participants last post by  Bridge_Jumper 
#1 ·
So I got pulled over last week for my license plate being too low, by the California Highway Patrol. They pulled me over and had 3 officer's come in and look at my bike. Had me on the curb everything, searched me, searched the bike. They told me the bike was probably stolen, and they think my VIN # is tampered with. When I purchased the bike, I checked the VIN and the Seller's CA.ID. The name on the title and the VIN # Matched. Didn't see anything fishy to me. I got the bike insured and everything in my name. The registration is paid until September of 2013. So I'm legit as you can get. However, on Tuesday, I have to take my bike to the CHP offices in Redwood City, CA. They told me I have to leave my bike there for a few days while they perform "tests" on it. Well, they really think It's stolen. I don't. What would you guys do? What do you guys think? If it was stolen why the hell wouldn't they just tow it right then and there? Why would they let me ride it home, and around still (I told them this is my ONLY mode of transportation) Also. If the bike was stolen how would I possibly be able to insure a "stolen" VIN #? Any help would be appreciated. Personally I think this is a case of " Young Guy On A Sports Bike Being Harassed"... Any thoughts opinions anything? I'm scared shitless. If they take it, they take a piece of my soul, my transportation and I'm out $4K....Damn man, I hope NONE of you EVER EVER EVER have to go through this heart wrenching ordeal. Thanks guys.

#295 ·
I like the pink but I'll try and talk him down ! I got susucbr helping me . We found a track bike for 2700 it's a 2005 with 15k miles. It doesn't have lights or switches i would have to get them. Chris trusts a track bike more then a street bike cause a tracker is going to have better maintenance then a street ranger

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#297 ·
#298 · (Edited)
California bro speakin in here. don't even bother showing up to their stupid inspection. you didn't sign no papers (legal documents). there's nothing they can really do besides charge you with the plate too low fee (fix it ticket). if you did anything to illegal or the bike is considered stolen, then they would of towed it on spot. don't worry about it my dude, if something crazy happens, then it happened for a reason.

#301 ·
am i the only one who is skeptical to buy bikes with aftermarket plastics?

Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK
#302 ·
#304 ·
I. Did a VIN check on the bike . Comes back clean no issues or anything. No reports no discrepancy at all or whatsoever. The bike was female
Owned it was his wives . She doesn't want to ride anymore I guess. He also had the black rims for it. But hell I like the pink haha. But yeah nothing came back on the insurance so I think it's pretty safe. Now I just gotta make sure the title matches his name and address haha

#306 ·
#307 ·
Aftermarket plastics or repainted plastics, majority of the time mean the bike has been dropped at some point.

Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK
#311 ·
last he said, bike is MIA :cursin:

Did you take the mods of before giving the bike up?
Man, I hope it works out for ya in the end.
no he didn't - but was told he can take back if bike will be kept by the PD

#312 ·
Yeah the ******* CHP still giving me the run around. Soon I'm going to sue them for unlawful seizure of my exhaust which I have receipts for... :::chuckles::: I'm still being cooperative though!

#313 ·
P.s- Buying an R6 on Saturday. CAN'T KWEP A GOOD/POSITIVE biker down!!!!!

I personally think this should be a sticky so that other or new riders don't fall prey to the douchebagery that claimed my 600RR. The RR was my first baby, I learned from it and on it to transpire and transpose onto my new ride!

#316 ·
P.s- Buying an R6 on Saturday. CAN'T KWEP A GOOD/POSITIVE biker down!!!!!

I personally think this should be a sticky so that other or new riders don't fall prey to the douchebagery that claimed my 600RR. The RR was my first baby, I learned from it and on it to transpire and transpose onto my new ride!

Definitely a sticky.

#317 ·
I don't know the future of the bike and getting another bike already? Yes. Because that tribal has NO future with me. I'm not sure of you've read through here but CHP is keeping it. That is a stolen bike there is NO way I am getting it back EVER! The best defense is a good offense. If by some MIRACLE I get the bike back. I'll sell it for cheap. Or make it track only . But that's high hopes and deep dreaming

#319 ·
Not your fault bro! It's a long thread man! But yeah I doubt I get Noble back. But I got a new beast of a bike hopefully soon!

#323 ·
Me too Neptune thank you and to everyone who is supporting and have been supportive of me through this !!!

#324 ·
Can't say I know what it's like losing a bike like this, but I do know what it's like being in possession of a stolen vehicle...

Sucks to see this happening to ya T, but as others have said, maybe this is for the best.

And yeah, karma is a bitch... that fool will get his at some point. One way or another.

#325 ·
#326 ·
Are they giving you any money for the bike or did they just take your sh!t and say you're SOL?

(No, I didn't read the whole thread either)

#327 ·
Basically SOL I'm not sure about the money either . Also they have my exhaust which I payed for with receipts. So they better give my **** back

#328 ·
Not meaning to be an ass or kick you while your down. But why didn't you pull the exhaust and mods off before taking the bike in?
Trusting that the chp would let you have the stuff back is something I wouldnt have done. Especially now that this task force is involved and they could say your sol.
Again, I hope at the very least you get your parts back and hopefully more.

#329 ·
I suggested such procedure as well it's very possible that the oem parts have be trashed or Tribal could not do the swap himself for one reason or the other
Time , tools , knowledge or a combo of reasons hopefully he will get his parts back and they won't be beaten up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.