Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Recovering the Stator section after crash

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  tripage 
#1 ·
Hi there,

As some of you may have seen I am restoring my 600RR after a wheelie crash.

At this moment I have dis-ambled the stator.
Now I need a Flywheel puller M20x1.5 but thats something I have to buy next week when the store is open :)

but the question is..
If I have the new flywheel and stator + stator cover with gasket.
Where can I get new bolts? for the stator to mount on the cover. those 4 bolts.
Cover bolts are available on eBay I saw, a bit expensive but these are possible to found but the other bolts I cant find.

Kind regards,
Kerim

See less See more
#5 ·
Well I got the Flywheel off today!!

BUT...
When the flywheel came off these were the things that I saw, But I am not sure if I broke it or it should be like this

and while getting the Flywheel off I noticed the top of the engine side where the bolts fit has been cracked. Is there a way to repair this or won't it bother/ won't it leak after?

#7 ·
And what about the little key part between the crank and the flywheel? is this normal or do I have to get a new one?

And someone is just telling me right now that i could clean those 2 holes with a tap and then use liquid metal?? and if I use a gasket it would close it and wont leak he says

#8 ·
The piece on the flywheel is your woodruff key and it's broken. It should be in the engine spline and lines up with the flywheel. I tried to find this on ronayers but I didn't see it, might be something that Honda can order directly. The damaged upper bolts can be sealed. Best way is to weld them but jbweld may work but I would keep an eye on it for leaking after it's done. It''s on the top of the engine but the surface has to be really really clean for the JB to get a good hold on it.

#10 ·
Soooo!

I have all the fairing dissembled at the moment.
removed a lot for now but I have now the next problem :/

this is how it looks now:

I removed all the bolts from the front fender, but it is stuck between the forks and the wheel, does it only come of with removing the front wheel? or is there a other possible way?

#11 ·
You have to taco the rear of the fender and pull it out the front. Be gentle....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.