Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

bending rearsets back

7K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Impalenthelen 
#1 ·
Ok so this last weekend I managed to lowside and the bike got hit by the guy behind me. My left rearset bent just enough to put pressure on the shift rod and I'm looking to see what the best way to go about bending it back would be.
Vortex rearsets

#3 ·
#4 ·
Enh, you can at least try bending them before shelling out money for new parts. I know Woodcrafts are made with that in mind.

Just don't take a heat gun to them thinking that will make them more pliable...

Also, you can order replacement parts directly through vortex...you have to call though. Had no problems with their customer service or shipping.

#10 ·
^ +1. Had my OEM rearsets bend inwards after a fallover, didn't even attempt to straighten them because I have messed with aluminum casting enough before to know unless its a quick slight bend, then its usually a snap. If you dont care for breaking them, sure go ahead and try but you may end up breaking more unintended good parts.

#11 ·
My vortex rearsets got bent from being laid down (brake pedal). I took it apart, threw it in a vice and slowly bent it back. No issues what so ever, ymmv. Give it a shot, you may be okay.

#22 ·
dont do that..... you can heat them up and bend them back yes... but in order for them not to lose their strength you need to let them cool completely on their own... if you shock it with cold water thats what cause them to become brittle and will snap....

#16 ·
Just be careful putting heat to it and bending them back into shape. My buddy did this and when he stood up for his victory celebration at the track, it snapped and he crashed...after the finish line. I was right behind him and I sucked my seat right up my ass from cringing watching it happen in front of me. If I can find the disc I have the video on, I'll post it up for you. Not saying it can't be done, but just remember, strength is sacraficed after bending it back or adding heat to the equation. Other than that, hope it works out for ya.

#19 ·
I'm so hating right now, I called them a little over a month ago about my brake pedal and I didn't get that offer. I did however buy a powder coat gun, used oven, and learned some new skills.

#23 ·
Bent my shifter side vortex rearset in a lowside back in september. The thick piece that bolts to the frame is what bent on mine. Put it in the vice and snached on it for a while then bolted it back up. Worked great. Did not use heat. If it was one of the thinner pieces that bent im sure i would have broke it trying to bent it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.