Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Official 2013 Honda CBR600RR Pics / Info

128K views 424 replies 134 participants last post by  dreamzboy 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT

Well not quite yet... Haha

But in all seriousness, I work for a Honda dealer and today they finally released to us when we will finally find out about a few 2013 Honda models that they have been keeping a secret.

Honda of Chattanooga Blog 2013 CBR600RR Still working on getting pricing etc up.

Not sure if this video has been posted by anyone yet but figured I would upload it real quick just to show you what we see as dealers as far as info goes on the 2013 CBR600RR.

I'm not trying to advertise the dealer I work for so I hope this isn't taken that way, just wanted to let you guys know what just popped up for us as dealers. If it is against the rules technically just let me know and I'll keep my mouth shut ;)

See less See more
#43 ·
I would think the new Euro regulations on motorcycles would also play a role in the companies hiatus if this is true. But what I don't understand is if the economy is that bad, why is Honda planing on releasing a version of the RC213V to the public? That's a microscopic niche compared to the Supersport class.

#45 ·
The other part that throws me off is your reps claim that the R6 is done too. Yamaha released a press release not two weeks ago on a developing 675 triple motor that will allegedly have the cross plane crank as well. May not be an R6 per say but it's clearly aimed at the supersport class. Disappointing if all true.

#46 · (Edited)
I had made up my mind to sell my 07 600RR...

I'm thinking I'll hold to it for a while, don't want to be like the crowd that cries for 250/400 RRs.

mmm, maybe 5 or 10 years down the road they'll cry for the 600s too?

Damn, it will really suck if all there is left to do trackdays is either a full blown literbike or a dinky 500cc 50hp bike...

If the triple engine is indeed meant for a SuperSport, then Yamaha wouldn't leave the supersport market, the'd be replacing the R6 with a three cylinder SuperSport. Discontinuing the CBR 600RR without a replacement would mean Honda gave up on the supersport market.

#47 ·
would surprise me if they got rid of there 600RR. But would also make it easier for me to hold on to my bike. Because i was planning on getting a 2013 600RR or a 2012 fireblade.

#51 · (Edited)
A 675 three cylinder with a cross plane crank... I haven't heard anything on it.... Triples are usually set 120 degrees apart pin wise right? 90 degrees, guess through counterbalancing it'll work... but what are the advantages...

I'll have to look into this...

I was thinking a three cylinder cbr600rr would be feasable giving the success of these engines in supersport bikes. I have owned a 2009 Daytona 675 and now own a street triple and from my personal experience, I am telling you they work magnificently well in the 600 class of bikes street or track..

-----------------------------

Just found the article and it is interesting indeed. Yamaha has a lineage of triples they have built as well, like the article mentions the XS750. I could see an oversquared triple in a cross plain. That could give the engine high rpm capability but that isn't necessarily just horsepower biased. I have always stated with my Daytona 675 that it had the power band similar to my LS1 Corvette with heads and cams. Great torque delivery with a robust surge followed by a gradual taper in power, not the scream of an inline four, not the plumet of varies 2 cylinder sport bikes either...

#52 ·
You know a year ago, I forecasted a possible advent of a cbr675 and alot of folks laughed me off the forums on that one. Lol. But come on 4 bike brands selling 600cc and 1000cc that are fundamentally the same bore and stroke. I definitely welcome some diversity in the dish. Heck, if it weren't for the bike being so darn heavy I would love to own an R1. That cross plane four has a nice burble to it.

I believe in middle weight segment the triples have alot to offer and their advantages far outweigh their meager disadvantages. I have yet to know a friend who has, having rode inline 600's their whole life, not left completely mesmerized after their first ride on a 675 triumph triple. I have heard comments like "wow such an awesome exhaust note" to exaggerated comments like "this thing pulls with literbike torque on the midrange." They all love the fact that the bike is thinner between the legs.

#63 ·
I did the same thing and have no regrets whatsoever because of the good deal I got. Would have gotten a Daytona 675R if I had to pay anything close to MSRP for a CBR, which will be the case IF there is a completely new CBR600RR for 2013.

#58 ·
Main Entry: strife Pronunciation: \ˈ strīf\ Function: noun Date: 13th century 1 a : bitter sometimes violent conflict or dissension <political strife> b : an act of contention : FIGHT, STRUGGLE

#67 ·
well the nsx was never really a "nimble" car to say the least, hybrid technology the way their intending will in theory give it astonishing amounts of torque, the things 0-60 will be amazing

usually when you design something like that and in the price bracket it will be in, it should only suffer minor weight disadvantages, but we all forget that nissan already showed the world that they can design a car to be a fat pig compared to the competition and still shoot through the turns at incredible speeds and bring cars double or triple its price to their knees

as for the motorcycles, the more i see things progressing the more im starting to agree that the 600's time might come to an end soon...i love my bike, id never get rid of it i dont think, but i see people are either buying liter bikes or something to putt around in

the middle tends to come up short handed...its only a matter of time till companies notice and start to taper them off..its already beginning now

honda brought a great contender into the 250cc ring, delt kawi some major punches, kawi retaliated by pooping out the 300cc talkin all kinds of ****...so whats honda do? bang out a 500cc series bike

#69 · (Edited)
I'm anxious, but I forgot to mention we may very well be getting this bike in the states. If so, i'm about to sauce...
What a lovely machine and the Triumph Bonneville of the Honda Motorcycles in my honest interpretation. From the polished fenders to the gorgeous sculpting of the tank that is accompanied with supportive but gracefully flowing seat, I don't see how this could not sale to some of us 20 year olds that love the nostalgia of this motorcycle. What a beautiful machine!

72 horsepower and in likelihood the equivalent in torque, this would be one quick motorcycle...

#71 ·
I'm anxious, but I forgot to mention we may very well be getting this bike in the states. If so, i'm about to sauce...
What a lovely machine and the Triumph Bonneville of the Honda Motorcycles in my honest interpretation. From the polished fenders to the gorgeous sculpting of the tank that is accompanied with supportive but gracefully flowing seat, I don't see how this could not sale to some of us 20 year olds that love the nostalgia of this motorcycle. What a beautiful machine!

72 horsepower and in likelihood the equivalent in torque, this would be one quick motorcycle...
In the 70's and 80's I could not wait for technology to grow and we can have super sexy bikes. We got them in the 90's and systematically got sexy'RR as we progressed to 2012. Why on the face of this earth would anybody get excited with old tech? This thing belongs in a time capsule that was supposed to be shot into the sun! :banghead:

#72 ·
I'd have a hard time believing Honda would get rid of the 600RR considering I see more inline 4 supersports where I live than any other kind of bike next to cruisers. Small bikes like 250s? I see one every now and again. Same deal with street fighters. But cruisers and supersports? I see several a day. Granted, everyone and their brother has a GSXR, maybe that has something to do with it.

I like the GSXR, but the main reason I didn't buy one is because they're all too common. What I don't like to hear is "cool bike bro, I've got one just like it!"

#80 ·

The CBR500 nose fearing bears a strong resemblance to one of my favorite and imho most beautifully designed supersport out of Japan, the 2003 CBR600RR.

Honda did damn good when they designed that motorcycle, it looks much better than anything else the competition had on the market, especially that cursed "gixxer" that I despise with all consciousness, lol.

I could see a market for the CBR500 and CB500X. Throw a set of adventure bike tires and longer suspension and could quite possibly make do as a good light adventure bike :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.