Votes: 11 13.8%
  • AFX

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Joe Rocket

Votes: 2 2.5%

Best helmet *POLL*

4K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  zypher 
#1 · (Edited)
Im bored and decided to make a poll for the best helmet in your opinion based on the following:

1) Safety
2) Comfort
3) Badass Look

You are allowed to vote for 2 helmet brands if you cant decide.

I personally go for Shoei, I think nothing else beats their lvl of comfort, quality and safety.

Note: I only put up the popular helmets in my opinion, if your brand isnt up here sorry :(

#6 ·
Just like cars , burgers , females , movies , ice cream , jeans ,glasses , beer , video games every person has a fav test fit the models available to you before deciding what to buy or simply get some questions answered by experience vendors like from our site like sport bike track gear , super bike supply , riders discount , cycle sector some of them will grant you one exchange for what ever reason you got against the helmet you bought from them

#7 ·
I like Shark but it's personal preference.

#8 ·
As mentioned above there is no "best" lid, the best lid is the one that's best suited for you head, one thing people who are buying for the first time must do is go the the store and try them on then leave on your head for 30min, dont just buy what looks good or is the most $$, that being said i love my Shoei RF1K, ill always buy Shoei, fits my head the best and i just like there overall design looks. Ill be getting the newer RF1100 next :)

#10 ·
There is a big difference in price for comfort. I will say this. My first helmet fit me, great. Until I bought my second twice as much helmet and then I tried on my 3rd which cost another $100 more than my 2nd and so on until I am now wearing shark helmet. Weight is another thing. My first helmet feels like a brick compared to my new ones.

I have owned
Shoei
KBC
OGK
VEMAR
SHARK

Not in that order.

#11 ·
I'm not brand loyal, but I've used many different helmets and they're all good in their own way. Any helmet I've crashed in has saved my skull from cracking open or getting any injury for that matter. You certainly don't need to spend much money to get a good solid helmet nowadays. You can get the same amount of protection spending $130 for a helmet that is three times that much. You're just paying for the logos and colors. Having said that, I like solid colors anyways which is why all of my helmets are solid black. You'd be missing out on a lot of good gear sticking to one or two brands.

#13 ·
From the Arai site, interesting, but i figured that much
Did you know that Arai is by far the most popular helmet brand among Formula 1 drivers and MotoGP riders? Interesting to know is that the majority of racers in the most competitive motorsport’s disciplines in this world have one thing in common: their preference for the Arai brand.

With half of the Formula 1 grid wearing an Arai GP-6 RC and more than one third of the MotoGP grid wearing an Arai RX-7 GP, Arai is the most dominant helmet brand within both World Championship classes.

This just shows that the majority of professional World Championship racers have made the obvious choice: an Arai helmet!

MotoGP riders wearing Arai in the 2011 season:
Colin Edwards
Hiroshi Aoyama
Karel Abraham
Dani Pedrosa
Cal Crutchlow
Nicky Hayden

Formula 1 riders wearing Arai in the 2011 season:
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button
Kamui Kobayashi
Rubens Barrichello
Jaime Alguersuari
Adrian Sutil
Paul di Resta
Heikki Kovalainen
Timo Glock
Narain Karthikeyan

#38 ·
From the Arai site, interesting, but i figured that much
Did you know that Arai is by far the most popular helmet brand among Formula 1 drivers and MotoGP riders? Interesting to know is that the majority of racers in the most competitive motorsport’s disciplines in this world have one thing in common: their preference for the Arai brand.

With half of the Formula 1 grid wearing an Arai GP-6 RC and more than one third of the MotoGP grid wearing an Arai RX-7 GP, Arai is the most dominant helmet brand within both World Championship classes.

This just shows that the majority of professional World Championship racers have made the obvious choice: an Arai helmet!

MotoGP riders wearing Arai in the 2011 season:
Colin Edwards
Hiroshi Aoyama
Karel Abraham
Dani Pedrosa
Cal Crutchlow
Nicky Hayden

Formula 1 riders wearing Arai in the 2011 season:
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button
Kamui Kobayashi
Rubens Barrichello
Jaime Alguersuari
Adrian Sutil
Paul di Resta
Heikki Kovalainen
Timo Glock
Narain Karthikeyan

thats really interesting, thank you for posting that.

Also, I dont get how there are some helmets that dont fit on some people. How is that possible? The helmets that dont fit dont make a size thats big enough for your head or what? I tried almost all the brands and there has not been one that hasnt fit me.

I thought helmet manufacturers consider everyones head size and make serveral helmet sizes for a proper fit.

#16 · (Edited)
You include AFX but not Nolan/X-Lite......Really, really, really, really, really, really, really?????

The best helmet is what your head tells you it is. The only factors you can comment on or rank based on is: vision (fogging included), ventilation, noise, features, ease of use, quality of graphics/design and quality of (some) materials. Badass look.....hmmm nope.

All these factors alone still don't make the best helmet; the fit is one of the paramount if not the ultimate factor, for without it you won't give two shits about all the other aspects if it just doesn't suit your head. Your head is almost like a fingerprint, even riders with similarly shaped heads differ on what is comfortable to them.

#19 ·
for street riding many helmets are equal. go for whichever it most comfortable & has the least wind noise/noise in general too

for track only riding arai. reason being is the brow line in arai allow you to get your head the lowest & still capable of seeing 'up-track' which is critical riding @ track pace or near race pace. trackday pace & race pace are worlds apart for me.

i understand most helmets have the capability of making internal/padding changes that would enhance fitting to a more custom level with all brands.
so if you already have a brand you aren't happy with; before passing on it maybe try & make it fit better. also, noise levels from wind would affect my helmet selected

the scorpions are a bit loud for me
agv are awesome, but only for street riding due to brow line
bell are getting better every year, good enough for f1; good enough for anyone
shoei are quality equal to arai, just fit differently than i prefer
1st helmet i ever chose for street riding was agv
1st helmet for dirt bell bitd

#21 ·
Agree with all the comments, I find a Large Icon fits me perfectly, where as a Large Shoei is way too tight of a fit for my head. Head shape determines comfort as well. I voted Icon due to my experiences with them. I've had some good HJC helmets as well, but more offroad MX style as opposed to road helmets.

#23 ·
I'm sporting Bell right now due to price and reputation.
Got a great deal on 2 helmets.
I was using HJC RPS-10 prior to that. Very light and comfortable, but did get light concussions twice after impacting them. Unfortunately the lighter the helmet, the higher the risk of concussion.

#24 ·
What if I want every helemet to win :p , where's that option?

Reactions: Inkslingerxx
#27 ·
Any helmet that is used by motorcycle racers is a great helmet brand.

Shoei
Arai
AGV
Bell
HJC
Suomy
List goes on...

This is not to say that the other brands mentioned aren't good too. Cause all the brands listed make some good helmets.

#29 ·
I like the fit of Arai better then Shoei. Some people will argue other way around due to different head shape.
If price wasn't a factor I will say Arai, but it is always a factor so will say Scorpion.

You can crash and go and buy a new scorpion without putting a hole in your wallet. I don't think you can do that with a new Shoei or Arai.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.