Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Commuting to work or school on your Bike

8K views 89 replies 59 participants last post by  Rikuno 
#1 ·
Saw a guy on the Interstate today with the cool Carbon backpack. Got to thinking.

For those who use their bike as primary transportation.... Yes some of us don't have cars.

Do you back pack ? Tank Bag ? or just walk around in our boots and gear all day.

What do you guys use to carry your daily essentials... lunch, sneakers, laptop etc?

#6 ·
i have a fast pack that secures to my passenger seat and use a backpack. i cant attach a tank bag to the aprilia without modifications. or i use my vulcan with its massive amount of side storage with hard cases and removable bags. lol

#8 ·
I rode my dirt bike to work yesterday. I prefer a back pack on motorcycles. I even go grocery shopping on my dirt bike. I can get pretty much everything I need for myself in one trip to the grocery store and fit it in a regular sized backpack which is awesome! If I invested in a larger more motorcycle specific pack I'm sure I could carry larger items that I'd otherwise find impossible to carry. I do commute with my dirt bike and it's proven to be quite reliable to use around town. Yesterday it started pouring after I got out of work and I have no idea how, but I managed to stay nearly completely dry, I was riding through puddles and **** every two seconds and only the very bottom of my pant legs were wet, nothing else. Once winter hits, snow can be brushed off everything and getting wet won't be much of a concern. I do have a little tool pack made by road gear, but if I want to be carrying large stuff I'll bring my bungee cords and wrap it around the sub frame portion of the rear fender. The sport bike is really not used for practical proposes..

#16 ·
I use a hiking style backpack and carry flight manuals, lunchbox, and my other visor if I will need it because it gets dark. I haven't found a specific motorcycle backpack that I like and that will hold up to the abuse I put it through. Also I need one to be all black so I can wear it in uniform. I also don't notice the backpack while riding, but I definitely notice when I don't have it on. It's all about how you adjust the straps.

#18 ·
I ride to work if it's not raining and over 40 deg so I do a lot. I have a nice Swiss Army backpack and I keep an extra pair of shoes at my desk so I can take the boots off when I get in.

#23 ·
Backpack to work (summer only) I usually wear a jacket and helmet the rest is street clothes but when I do wear boots I throw my shoes in the backpack and just walk around with my jacket and helmet and set it in the corner or under the desk.

Been toying the the idea after the last gunshow seeing all the bikes have their helmets backpacks and jackets on their bike and have a bike lock snake through and under the bikes and gear..

#33 ·
I don't ride to school/work often but when I go, I just bring a backpack. Something I got from old Navy a while back. It has a chest strap which I think is important when on the highway.
I typically carry a 15in laptop, 1-2 text books, and a notepad. My helmet is locked to my bike.
I honestly don't mind. No different than carrying my regular messenger bag around all day. Don't really notice it when I'm riding either.

#38 ·
For school I've got my notebook and text book for that class and a water bottle in my backpack. I wear my boots and jacket to class, carry my helmet. Put helmet and jacket on floor under seat.

For work ill put my shoes in my backpack and change my boots out to my shoes when I get there, boots in shoes, jacket, backpack and helmet on the shelf in the break room

And now it feels weird whenever I don't have a backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#45 ·
I like having a backpack, more between me and the concrete if anything goes unexpected...

Been rocking a Thor backpack but it is ripped to **** now:monkeypoo: Going to pick up an Element backpack next I think.

On days when I bring 2-3 textbooks I do notice a difference in slow speed maneuvering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.