Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2013 600rr wheels fit 2012?

24K views 56 replies 29 participants last post by  09600Rr@1500 
#1 ·
anyone know if the 2013 wheels will fit later models such as the 2012 600rr?

#2 ·
I don't think anyone on here will know yet as the 2013 cannot be purchased yet.

you could try emailing honda..... not sure how far that will get you though..

with all this said. considering the minor changes to the bike for 2013, I would be surprised if they didn't fit.

Reactions: lance22
#5 ·
I have been unable to find 2013 parts fiche at any dealer/distributor site.
Rear wheel is likely to fit since the swingarm and rear caliper is unchanged.
Front may be a different story, but considering the front calipers haven't changed it is likely the mounts will remain the same.

We shall see.

if possible I will likely retrofit my 2008 Graffiti with the wheels, forks and ECU

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Are these wheels any lighter than the 07-12 wheels? Unless they are lighter, I just don't really see the point of changing wheels on our CBR's since most of the wheels are covered by the rotors and chain/sprocket/swing-arm assembly.

#8 ·
Supposedly the intake/RAMAIR was redesigned to allow more air into the bike. May want to keep that in mind when hooking up the '13 ECU to stock '12- bikes.

Is it soo much air that the ECU won't be able to adjust?...I doubt it lol Nothing a Baz or PCV couldnt correct.

#18 ·
I just remembered that the ECU was re-mapped to a more environmental friendly version with less HP in '09.
So, the "re-mapping" Honda is claiming is likely just the pre-'09 map.

Anyone know the size of the "Big Pistons" in the 2013 forks? I would only go to the nicely looking new rims if they are lighter.
Current forks are 45mm. 1000RR BPF forks are 43mm. It is likely they are the same fork. So, a new upper and lower bridge design was probably done.

#9 ·
Anyone know the size of the "Big Pistons" in the 2013 forks? I would only go to the nicely looking new rims if they are lighter.

#14 ·
I want it now!!!

Funny, because the bikes are in the shops, so some have to have been sold. You know people have dumped them already, so, where's the parts fiche?!

#20 ·
The new wheels are sick, I want to find a set for my bike. But chances are with them being brand new you'll be paying around the price you would for aftermarket anyhow or close too.

#24 ·
Oh heck, well thats not to bad.....You shouldnt have told me that.....My wife will now blame you when the wheels show up! lol

#27 ·
every month i ask my local dealer. The 2013 bike isn't even in there systems yet. Not even a decal from it.

#30 ·
I was talking to my connection here. Says the front will fit for sure. But the back axle is a different part number. So it's either they changed it for no reason. Or you have to swap the axles out with the 2013 one. But it seems like it's more possible now then it was before.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#34 · (Edited)
Latest issue of Sport Rider stated that they are the same weight IIRC. Wonder if this is true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.