Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

The new 2013 cbr600rr..... Is awful looking!!

106K views 300 replies 142 participants last post by  M03RR 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel pretty let down... after 6 years of production of an absolutely beautiful bike... This is Honda replacement! Even if it's technically better, and I'm sure that it is, I'm not sure I'd ever be caught riding it..

Now that Audi has purchased Ducati, Audi will have quality and reliability influence over future bikes, and it may be time to jump ship...

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr600rr.aspx Here's the Honda Website link

Thoughts?

:director: WHAT IS THIS, HONDA?!

See less See more
#42 ·
Yes sir, 07-08 are the good years.

#44 ·
Love the nose, love the wheels, love the paint schemes.

Don't mind the tail (I have an 04), don't mind undertail exhaust.

For the love of God, lose the silver swingarms, and integrate the turn signals into the mirrors.

With some light/minor changes, I think It could be a sweet machine, as far as aesthetics are concerned. :D

If you're gonna go black on the engine/clutch covers, ya mightas well go black on the swingarm too!

#45 ·
My complaints are superficcial really. dont like the swingarm or any silver for that matter. The verdict is still out on the fairings I have a feeling it my grow on me, but it doesnt matter my 07 is still sexxy.

#49 ·
Got to say I like the all red a lot, as well as the wheels, not totally sure about the nose but I'm sure it'll look different in person. At least they're still making them haha with all the rumors that were going around about it being disxontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#51 ·
Not sure how I feel about the headlights... I have never really liked the big hole in the middle if the headlights for the intake... I like the intake ducts under the headlights like on the 03-06 RR's... Almost seems like the designers didn't know what to change when it comes to the front fairing and headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#57 ·
The rims are awesome. Glad they moved away from the 3 spoke, it was looking very dated. These, especially the repsol orange rims look badass.

over all the bike isnt horrible, the side fairings are nice and probably easier to deal with then the 3 piece on the 07 up. The venting looks nice.

I just feel like its not done... like they forgot to add something. I looks like it got hit in the face with a shovel.

stew

#58 ·
I'll be honest, in person the headlights do not do it for me. The bodywork is improved over my 07, and the tail, while great looking from the back, is kinda cheap looking up close and to the side. This is my personal opinion, but the bike overall looks pretty cool. I have yet to see the all-red one in person. Biggest surprise for me was how badass the new GoldWing bagger looks.

#60 ·
What did you think of the updates up close and personal?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Bike looks cool, just not my cup of tea. I haven't ridden it so I can't say how well the updates work. My 07RR has tons of crap done to it now so I'm so phased out of the reality of the stock bike in trim I can't compare directly anymore. The headlights on this one look weird, almost trying to make a ceap copy of the Panigale.

The rims are awesome... if the BPF forks work as well as the CBR1000RR's, it's gonna kick ass. The tach looks much more attractive and the overall side fairing look is a bit more traditional. I prefer mine overall, but I DID have to put lots of money in it to get it there. I want to cop myself a set of '13 rims though...

#61 ·
What's going on with the tail light? are those blinkers or an IT?

#65 ·
First set of numbers 2013-Compared to 2012

Handling should be the same. Fork travel is still TBD but same 41mm. I hope it handles well at a track shootout. :drunk:

Rake 23.5 degrees (Caster Angle) 23.5 degrees (Caster Angle)
Trail 97.7mm (3.9 inches) 97.7mm (3.9 inches)
Wheelbase 53.9 inches 53.9 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches 32.3 inches
Curb Weight 410 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride) 410 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Miles Per Gallon TBD* 40 MPG*

#67 ·
Not a big fan id take a 2012 red and white model any day. Especially since its projected to be priced much higher.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.