Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Secret Santa 2011 - Rules, Expectations and Sign-up

14K views 232 replies 24 participants last post by  trackfreak 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, it's getting to be that time of the year. This will be our 1st year doing a gift exchange on 600rr.net.

We're getting an early start so you can start "window" or "armchair" shop and get ideas for the gift you want to give this season.

You may have heard of people participating in a Secret Santa at work, home, on other forums, etc. Here's the basic premise that we will be adopting for our use:

One of the more popular holiday games, Secret Santa (also known as Kris Kringle in some circles) is a fun and easy way for a group of friends, family members or co-workers to exchange gifts.

The basic concept of the Secret Santa game is simple. All of the participants’ names are placed into a hat, box, etc. and mixed up. Each person then chooses one name from the box, but doesn't tell anyone which name was picked. He/she is now responsible for buying a gift for the person selected.

When the Secret Santa wraps their gift, he/she just labels it with the recipients name but doesn't indicate whom the present is from. (Remember, most of the fun is in the secrecy.)

Details

Minimum of people suggested for participation is: 10

Deadline to sign up is: 11/15/11

Gifts: Can range from $5-$25. You don't need to be a baller to participate.

Participation: All members with at least 500 posts and be a member here for a minimum 6 months.

Expectations

I believe here, among our family, a lot of this could go unsaid. But just so we're all on the same page, I'll list up some expectations.

If you signup

If you signup to participate and do not remove your name from the list by the deadline, you have committed yourself to purchase a gift for your Secret Santa.

If you change your mind

If you change your mind and do not want to participate, please let me know by the signup deadline so I can match up the remaining Secret Santas and get information out promptly.

Extenuating Circumstances

Everyone understands there may be extenuating circumstances. In the event of an extenuating circumstance where you are no longer able to participate, please inform me immediately. I don't need details. I will delicately handle these issues with out details or mentioning names.

If you received a generic Secret Santa gift, I may ask you to return or ship it along to your Secret Santa.

Example: Your Secret Santa #1 (gave you a gift) -> You -> Your Secret Santa #2 (owned a gift by you).

Secret Santa Decorum

Secret Santas are just that - humble unknowns who want to give a gift to another. To the extent practical, your identity should remain secret. Others may try to guess, but you don't have to divulge your identity.

If you order a gift from an online vendor and are shipping directly to your Secret Santa, see if you can select an option to purchase the item as a gift in order to protect your identity.

Gift-receiving etiquette

Another item I don't think I should have to discuss. Your Secret Santa has tried find a gift befitting a fellow member in the aforementioned price range that they think you will like. Hopefully the gift will be in line with some of the ideas you listed in the wish list thread. Please consider this as you gracefully accept your Secret Santa gift.

Questions

How do I participate?

If you want to participate, please put your name on the list. Then send me a PM that contains your name and address so that your Secret Santa can mail out your gift. I will annotate when I receive your shipping address on the list.

What will you do with my information?

I will not sell or give out anyone information to anyone else other than your Secret Santa. After everyone is accounted for and has received their Secret Santa gift, I will delete/destroy the master list containing everyone's information.

How will my Secret Santa know what to get me?

I will start another thread where you can make out your "wish list" if you have any particular thing you want that falls in or around that $5-$25 range. You might get it.

Where can I find gifts for a .net member in that price range?

There are many vendors out there and on this site with small items you can purchase.

I don't want to just give my Secret Santa "X". I have some extra bike cleaning/maintenance products in my garage. Is it okay to gift that?

Absolutely. This can turn one great gift into an assortment of awesomeness - I would just recommend not getting carried away.

Does the gift have to be bike specific?

No. Ex.: I like BMW, as evident from my avatar and signature, you can also get something BMW related.

The List

Name (screen name) // Address Received // Secret Santa PM // Gift Received

Matt (RawRR) // Yes //
John(tenjin) // Yes //
Billy(djacksoncbr600) // Yes //
Woman(GRida600)
Bruce(papasmurf)
Chris (SuuScbr) // Yes //
Greg (infinate719) // Yes //
Osvaldo(trackfreak)//Yes//
Nu (Nuttynu)//Yes//
Glen(Gee)//Yes//
Art (superhawk)//Yes//
Jared (thirdgenlxi)//Yes//
***** (Coondawg_07)//Yes//
Tyson(DepPravacion) //Yes//

See less See more
#208 ·
Thanks Chris I'm having to drink myself to sleep at night cause I'm so depressed over the fact that my .net SS doesn't love me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com App

#207 ·
Tyson are you just now getting that?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com App

#212 ·
F$&k SS I still ain't got my s$&t it's been too long

#225 ·
Im never doing this sh*t again its been almost a year and I still haven't got my gift WTF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.