Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Ebay Rad hoses

4K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  shoei87 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the Silicone Rad hoses off ebay? As apposed to the $300 Samcos? I searched and couldnt find a definite answer. Thanks!!

#2 ·
I have only tried the Samco sure they are pricey but are awesome any way you look at them looks , function & quality i am not sure about the eBay hoses you mention may be other members have used them and if they did they will post their thoughts

#7 ·
the link is for the ones i brought i just put "03 cbr600rr radiator" into an ebay search and picked the ones that looked too be what i wanted, i wont be getting my bike back for about 2-3 weeks but soon as its back i will fit them, run some tests and let everyone what i think of them

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7PCS-SIL...ccessories&hash=item231f67cd3d#ht_1858wt_1151

here is a few pics of what they look like, they have samco printed on them but have no trade mark logo so they are fakes just so you all know

#10 ·
as Str8 Lurkin said for colour, some may say there stronger but in my opinion you cant go past oem, my bike still has its original oem hoses that are probibly over 9yo now but are still in great condition, i just wanted a different colour without paying the $$$ as its a budget build

#13 ·
I have had the Samco for Miss O'Seven before and the bike ran slightly cooler was it that much cooler and worth the money spent no not really but they sure looked fantastic

#21 ·
i now got my bike back so iv started pulling it down and fitting the hoses, a few of mine are starting to swell up around the clamps so i will see how they go and post some pits and results after some testing

#22 ·
so i have some bad news and some good news, bad is i binned my bike at the track due to a lowside :( good news is the ebay hoses have held up great so far, the bike went out for a few sessions at the track and i let the bike run through a few cycles of the cooling system at home, so far no leaks, swelling or problems at all :) but i will give it a few more months of running to see how they really hold up.

i would like to add not every hose comes with the ebay set, one hose that goes to the oil cooler and the really small hoses like radiator overflow and bypass are not included

#25 ·
crash damage is bad to a degree but fixable and i walked out uninjured :)

as for swelling it was my old hosed that had swelled up, i have had no swelling at all on the ebay hoses so far during or after fitting them.

no extra long narow hoses were supplied, i got the main large hoses, a hose that goes from the oil cooler to the upper radiator hose "Y" joiner, and one from the water pump to under the fuel tank somewhere and that was all i recieved

#27 ·
left side, the hose that is between the frame and top left of the stator cover is the one of the hoses i didnt get with the set, would have been nice if it did come with the set as its one of the hoses you can see

right side, the overflow hose at the top does not come with the set but im sure you can buy some cheap silicome hose somewhere to make it match

after i got home from the track, it was a full fairinged street bike with repsol fairings

AND what im left to work with :( all i can say is woodcraft frame sliders are well worth the money :)

#31 · (Edited)
left side, the hose that is between the frame and top left of the stator cover is the one of the hoses i didnt get with the set, would have been nice if it did come with the set as its one of the hoses you can see
FYI, when you install the silicone hoses, you remove that metal section that goes with the OEM hoses. You should have had a section long enough to replace that. Looks like you may have cut it, or is that the piece that was missing?

This is one of the benefits of the silicone hoses. No rigid section to get damaged in a crash.

#30 ·
We are working on a ducati at work with some real samco hoses in blue. I cannot see what is so special about them, both are reinforced with nylon and the silicone on the real samco isn't anything special. What you're buying is the color, and personally, I wouldn't care which one I had if I was looking to purchase some. Looking at those pictures they look and appear to be no different at all. I bet they'd last just as long too.

#34 ·
.... It's one thing to replace your more major parts with serious top end parts but I think if u try the rad hose off eBay and it leaks or splits their gonna be no difference if the oem one does the same... Not taking longevity just purpose either way ur leaking coolant.....and it's getting replaced... ESP. If ur just changing bc of color you probably have the old oem one lying around and ur only going to lose 1 day of riding and some coolant. Best case...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.