» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > 03-06 RR Modifications

03-06 RR Modifications 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 Modifications

Old 09-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
cbrmag_rider
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 Keyless Ignition question

I've been all over the wiring diagrams trying to figure this out. I'm trying to wire my kill switch to act as the ignition switch does so that there is no key and it's a one button kill switch for those nice people who pick up your bike when you crash.

and i can't figure it out to save my life.

basically you have two wires going into the keyed ignition. one is Red, the other is Red w/ Black stripe. near as i can tell one is + the other is - according to multimeter, but when you switch the key, you get continuity. This makes no sense.

i would appreciate some pointers. thanks in advance.
cbrmag_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
HSV_RedRider
Knee Dragger

If its wired like the 07/08, the key switch allows power to pass to the starter motor relay and the ignition button starts the starter turning and once engaged stays switched in place till power is cut at the key stitch, then the relay power is cut. The kill switch interrupts power at the ignition coils. If you bypass the key switch, you'll have continuous power to the starter relay. So, it appears to me that power is going to 2 locations. I don't think this is a good idea, but I'm a mechanical engineer, not an electrical engineer.

There is another post in the racing section I believe that talks about putting a second kill switch on the left clip-on to replace the key switch.
07 CRF250X
HSV_RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
cbrmag_rider
Banned

yeah i don't want that. i want the kill switch to be the ignition switch. It's done in racing quite a bit. most if not all the AMA guys have this done (i should know, i pick up their bikes from time to time).
cbrmag_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
HSV_RedRider
Knee Dragger

I don't have the 05 wiring diagram, but the 08 kill switch wires are W/Y and Bl. I would imagine if you tie the Red into the W/Y and the R/Bl into the Bl, that would be doing the same thing through one switch. But might double check the wiring diagram for this.

Note: on the 08 diagram, the W/Y changes color after the plug and is W/Bl into the kill switch.
07 CRF250X
HSV_RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #5
hitman_kyro
Training Wheel Hero

Smile setting a cyclone alarm

ciao everybody,,

hello everyone , im new here and i was wondering if you guys out there can help me in setting up my cbr 600rr 03-05 with the cyclone alarm which was given to me by my friend...I already install the alarm but my problem is putting the wires of the alarm in the ignition key to have a remote start engine.
Hope someone can help with these wires, and thaks a lot in advance...ciao
hitman_kyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement