Quantum Mechanics - Page 4 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 04-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #91
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrapItsFunk View Post
Funny of this topic to start on 4/20!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrapItsFunk View Post
Anywho!

Would this provide any ties?

The Secret Life of Chaos
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...4f2ae1160ff884
well i checked the link out and got this
'This video has been removed due to terms of use violation'

im sure it would have been intresting, chaos theory stuff generally is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Rocket View Post
Oh how this takes me back to chem111, and mechanical engineering classes before i changed to a business major after dealing with the math involved for the fundamentals of engineering haha
so you gave up on math? haha!

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #92
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's impossible to give up on math. If you were to truly give up on math you would be essentially incapable of doing anything.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #93
HolyCrapItsFunk
Knee Dragger

Just search "the secret life of chaos" it's still up

I don't think we will ever find all of the equations, but I dont think we should quit either.

2009 CBR600rr Phoenix
Leo-Vince Carbon Slip
RAM iPhone mount
Low CBR Heaven tail
Next = HID's - Scorpio Alarm
HolyCrapItsFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #94
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

^^ i was at home and i was about to watch the videos but i got distracted with silly FB games, damn i hate those things.

i came across some interesting subjects yesterday. they may go with the topic herin.

there are actually many patents for machines that are well over 100% efficiency.
the coral castle, in Florida, was built by edward leedskalnin. he said that we have 'electricity' all wrong. if we were to use a small battery to create a di-pole then use the energy from that, then you have go it right.
also saw something called an aerial and earth connection. you suspend a conductive wire in the air(aerial) a certain high and a certain distance and insulate it from the mounting points, then connect a conductor from the aerial to a load, and from that to a ground connection, a metal pole like 8 feet deep. there are patents for this and also youtube videos.
conservation on energy law says that you cant destroy or create energy. when they talk about these devices that are over 100% efficiency you may first think that its impossible because of this. however, those who made these devices explain that the energy yeilded is not directly from the power source we provide, that it actually comes from the envirnment. that we are surrounded by a limitless amount of energy and all you have to do is know how to tap into it.
nonetheless it was pretty interesting.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #95
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Everyone knows that our physical environment is a gold mine for limitless energy.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #96
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Everyone knows that our physical environment is a gold mine for limitless energy.
yea but only in the same way they know they should stop a bad habbit. you know it but you dont want to accept it and do something about it.

'all that we are is the result of what we have thought,
the mind is everything. what we think, we become."
----Buddha

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #97
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

I just typed an entire lecture on wind power generators and how we can supply the world with unlimited, free and non-polluting energy and then realized nobody cares.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #98
NickV
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I just typed an entire lecture on wind power generators and how we can supply the world with unlimited, free and non-polluting energy and then realized nobody cares.

im sorry, you what? i wasnt paying attention...
NickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #99
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickV View Post
im sorry, you what? i wasnt paying attention...
That's O.K. I have ADHD as well. Assfuck.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #100
aerialspider
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
I'm all for wind power, but the problem is that those wind mills are very expensive. It's still way cheaper to burn fossil fuels for energy. I don't think we will see much wind power until that equation changes.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #101
RazorX
Training Wheel Hero

Effectively limitless... Possibly. Not limitless though.
RazorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #102
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialspider View Post
I'm all for wind power, but the problem is that those wind mills are very expensive. It's still way cheaper to burn fossil fuels for energy. I don't think we will see much wind power until that equation changes.
Are you serious? Do you have any idea as to how much man-power is required to maintain and run those hydrodams? Wind generators are a fraction of the cost and require very little maintenance. Secondly, look at all of the negative ecological effects of building and maintaining said hydrodams. It costs billions and billions of dollars and hectares upon hectares of damaged land to build and maintain a single hydrodam. I wasn't talking about replacing fossil fuels, I was isolating our means of supplying electricity to consumers and suggesting that there are better methods, one which is wind power generators. The amount of negative effects caused by wind power generators (whether it is financial, ecological or personal) are literally obsolete compared to the benefits. The single biggest obstacle for this idea is the government. How can you tax a country for electricity when it costs literally nothing to create and maintain (of course, once these generators are up and running)? Even if you were to tax the citizens for the initial implementation it would still be and irrelevant amount compared to what we are paying now.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #103
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

ive seen some really cool energy things lately.

and on a tangent i saw a canadian official give a speech about the u.s.a and aliens.
*input scary music

it said bush, clintons and many other are aliens, reptilians. WTF!? funny youtube video showing something strange with their eyes. but then it tied in with ancient artifacts and how they all show snakes, or reptile looking creatures.
ahhhh the aliens are coming!! haha

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #104
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Bush isn't an alien. He's too stupid. Even the universe's dumbest terrestrial being is exponentially smarter than Bush.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #105
RazorX
Training Wheel Hero

Current wind generators are not a viable solution for supplying all of the nations electricity.
RazorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #106
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorX View Post
Current wind generators are not a viable solution for supplying all of the nations electricity.
Yes they are. As compared to the very limited places a hydrodam can be built, the hydrodams don't seem to be viable. The technology and the intelligence is already there to make an efficient and cost-effective transition.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #107
bluremi
Training Wheel Hero

Wow, lots of stuff in this thread! I'm interested in a lot of these subjects so I'll jump right in:

Human mind: The human brain isn't "faster" than a computer. Computers operate at near the speed of light, whereas neurons in your brain use chemical reactions to create and carry charges around. A brain, however, is a massively parallel computer, meaning it executes millions of operations all at the same time, whereas a contemporary CPU does only a fraction of those operations, but blindingly fast. That's why a computer can do math so much faster than us, but can't do any of the complex things we do so easily, like recognizing faces or playing music or learning languages.

Also, we don't just use 10% of our brain, or whatever percentage you may have heard. This is one of those ubran myths that became popularized a few decades ago. Modern neural imaging hardware like a functional MRI machine can see which parts of your brain are active as you do various things. We now know that we are using almost all of our brain, all the time. A simple task like reading a sentence may require the use of several regions of our brain at once. Again, this is why the brain is so powerful: parallel processing.

POWER

Wind power is unrealistic. A wind turbine takes up a lot of space, is dependent on atmospheric conditions, and simply does not produce enough energy to be a feasible power replacement.

Nuclear power is where it's at! Nuclear reactors used to be dangerous, dirty, and inefficient. However, nuclear fission has progressed remarkably in the last few decades. Current level IV reactors are very efficient, powerful, and almost completely clean. The old designs of reactors created all this waste that needed to be disposed of, but modern reactors do NOT! Yes, that's right, no nuclear waste. Look it up!

Perhaps in 50 years we'll move from fission to fusion. This is a complicated subject that I don't know much about, unfortunately, but basically we are able to achieve fusion right now, but the power output does not match or exceed the power input. We have to improve our ability to manufacture lenses and materials to improve the efficiency, but within 100 years we might have working, clean, safe nuclear fission. That's what powers the sun, folks.
bluremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #108
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

thanks for chiming in.
be ready for a rebutle cuz nero does not like to be told he is wrong. ha!

brain: yes most of us are under that assumption that we use 10% of our brain. assuming that you are totaly correct and we use most of it, mb then the subject of interest is not how much of our physical brain we are using, perhaps it is more of our level of awareness, consciousness. mb we are only 10% aware and if we were more aware we would be able to evolve into a goddam super saiyan ( excuse the dragon ball Z reference- you get the point )
when i think about this subject i think of oldschool martial arts. like crouching tiger hidden dragon, how they can do things that seem to defy physics.
why not? so many things we thought were impossible a hundred years ago are totaly common place now. so why not get a little crazy and imagine somethign really far out.

power. i have to find the video i watched that was talking about certain geometry that was the key to energy. i guess it falls under sacred geometry. ill find it again and post it up. pretty interesting. it said in a nutshell that the sun is not a constant nuclear bomb, that we are totaly wrong on that. and it noted that the gasses moving around satern make abrupt turns and angles at the poles. aaaaaaaaany way .

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #109
dreamzboy
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
just incase you never heard of it before check out M-theory, its the latest model that i know of in relation to string theory. basically instead of tiny vibrating strings, there is actually a membrane...

as for "Unreal = Me winning the MotoGP." ill just say a quote i read a while back, "argue for your limitations and they are yours.."
Yes yes..I've heard of it. For the sake of understanding, I had to use the string theory. Who the hell understand M-Theory except for the people who watch the documentary. Cool quote. I'll keep that in mind.
dreamzboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #110
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

I know I am not right, but this is a debate, where we argue all the angles of a specific idea. Sure, you'll get my argument, but it's going to be very, very long and take me about a week to put together. You'll get it, but in short, a wind power generator needs between 12 and 15 mph average wind speed annually to be as efficient as a hydrodam (not even going to look at the costs because wind power generators slaughter hydrodams). You can ideally space them 200 feet apart from the base at a maximum efficient spread. Sure, you can go shorter, but hey, we'll play with your large area argument. A single wind generator station located in the exact center of North America can put out enough energy to power just under 20K homes in Northern Canada. Local dissipation will increase that number more than two-fold. I agree, nuclear energy is the way to go. But for the sake of this argument, which was Water vs. Wind (both natural and theoretically limitless), we're going to leave that out of the equation. I suppose we can weight the pros and cons of it. Nuclear energy failure = Mass Deaths.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #111
bluremi
Training Wheel Hero

I think you're right about awareness. I've been experimenting with meditation to reach new levels of consciousness. I've only been doing it for a few months, but I have achieved states of heightened awareness where my thoughts are qualitatively better: more clear, no mental chatter, a sense of being entirely inside my head without any sensation of my body. The next stage after that, apparently, is to abandon the sense of a "point of location" for consciousness and experience pure awareness, and there are further levels after that.

The sun is not a nuclear bomb, those use nuclear fission to release energy, just like nuclear reactors. Fission is when a heavy element is broken apart into lighter elements, in the process releasing heat, light, and atomic particles (the deadly radiation). Fusion, on the other hand, is where you combine elements under heat and pressure to form heavier elements. This process also releases energy, but in a different way.

Stars go through stages of fission: at first a star is a lot of hydrogen, the simplest and lightest element (we're talking trillions of tons of the stuff). In space, the hydrogen masses around its center of gravity and the gravitational attraction causes the hydrogen in the center to compress so much that it heats up and eventually explodes into a fission reaction. The fission creates helium from the hydrogen atoms. A young star is a core of burning hydrogen turning into helium. Once there's enough helium, it gets even more compressed into heavier elements. The heaviest stars have metal in the core. Eventually the core gets so compressed and heavy that the reaction either stops and you get a brown dwarf, or the outer layers are blown away creating a red giant or supernova. We've never been inside a star but we can extrapolate a lot from the laws of physics. The inside of a neutron star is made of almost solid neutrons in a strange state of matter. A teaspoon of neutronium is about as massive as an entire planet.

If you like reading about the sun, check out NASA's new website devoted to their new sun probe. It takes huge hi-res photos and even videos of the sun in action. There's a video up now of a plume of fire hundreds of times bigger than the earth, it looks totally unreal.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #112
bluremi
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Nuclear energy failure = Mass Deaths.
You are more at risk of a terrorist blowing up a nuclear bomb in your backyard than of a modern nuclear reactor blowing up. I'm more scared of lightning strikes than of a meltdown. Read up on it a little, you'd be surprised how much nuclear technology has advanced.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #113
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluremi View Post
You are more at risk of a terrorist blowing up a nuclear bomb in your backyard than of a modern nuclear reactor blowing up. I'm more scared of lightning strikes than of a meltdown. Read up on it a little, you'd be surprised how much nuclear technology has advanced.
I know, ha ha. If you noticed, what I stated makes no sense at all. But you and I are talking about completely different things. I didn't mean that wind power is the be all end all. I simply stated that it is free, is very cost-effective and requires very little maintenance. Not to mention the workforce needed for maintenance would be very small.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #114
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Oh, and about the dying thing. We all die one day. There's no point in fearing it.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #115
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamzboy View Post
Yes yes..I've heard of it. For the sake of understanding, I had to use the string theory. Who the hell understand M-Theory except for the people who watch the documentary. Cool quote. I'll keep that in mind.
yea its a good quote to keep in mind when you tell somebody you cant do something.

Quote:
I think you're right about awareness. I've been experimenting with meditation to reach new levels of consciousness. I've only been doing it for a few months, but I have achieved states of heightened awareness where my thoughts are qualitatively better: more clear, no mental chatter, a sense of being entirely inside my head without any sensation of my body. The next stage after that, apparently, is to abandon the sense of a "point of location" for consciousness and experience pure awareness, and there are further levels after that.

The sun is not a nuclear bomb, those use nuclear fission to release energy, just like nuclear reactors. Fission is when a heavy element is broken apart into lighter elements, in the process releasing heat, light, and atomic particles (the deadly radiation). Fusion, on the other hand, is where you combine elements under heat and pressure to form heavier elements. This process also releases energy, but in a different way.

Stars go through stages of fission: at first a star is a lot of hydrogen, the simplest and lightest element (we're talking trillions of tons of the stuff). In space, the hydrogen masses around its center of gravity and the gravitational attraction causes the hydrogen in the center to compress so much that it heats up and eventually explodes into a fission reaction. The fission creates helium from the hydrogen atoms. A young star is a core of burning hydrogen turning into helium. Once there's enough helium, it gets even more compressed into heavier elements. The heaviest stars have metal in the core. Eventually the core gets so compressed and heavy that the reaction either stops and you get a brown dwarf, or the outer layers are blown away creating a red giant or supernova. We've never been inside a star but we can extrapolate a lot from the laws of physics. The inside of a neutron star is made of almost solid neutrons in a strange state of matter. A teaspoon of neutronium is about as massive as an entire planet.

If you like reading about the sun, check out NASA's new website devoted to their new sun probe. It takes huge hi-res photos and even videos of the sun in action. There's a video up now of a plume of fire hundreds of times bigger than the earth, it looks totally unreal.

yea i love becoming more enlightened.
yes fusion, im aware. the video i watched was saying that it wasnt true as far as exactly what is thought about that process envolving the sun.

i will have to check out that new nasa page, i work at NASA, har har

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #116
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Oh, and about the dying thing. We all die one day. There's no point in fearing it.
on a long enough timeline...the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #117
bluremi
Training Wheel Hero

Life is a suicide mission :)

Happy days are here again...

EDIT: Sorry to sound pedantic sometimes, I just read about all these crazy facts and feel I have to share it with people. It's just ridiculous how the universe works and nobody pays attention

Last edited by bluremi; 04-26-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #118
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

you guys believe in ET's?
remember when the vatican released a statement saying that they were real and that there was an effort to try and withhold that info?/
the news didnt really cover that story night and day like they did tiger woods, or ne other frivolous matter. now that i think back, isnt that kinda when all of the catholic priests raping little boys came into the light?
when it comes to gov. cover ups its credibility that counts. once they discredit you, what do you have?

mb this comment will spark some interesting replies

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #119
DepPravacion
Moto GP Racer

Quote:

EDIT: Sorry to sound pedantic sometimes, I just read about all these crazy facts and feel I have to share it with people. It's just ridiculous how the universe works and nobody pays attention
haha, yea there are many many cool things that we should be doing and we dont, we just waste away and take anti depressants. haha what a life!!

my buddy was telling me over the weekend, what if they could enforce some type of law that demanded you to improve yourself,
now i guess to make a law the wording would have to be all dandy, but just think about the concept. what if it was socially unacceptable for people to just wither away and concern themselves with things that didnt matter, materialistically
also he added that information should be free, no patents or secrets. no body should with hold anytype of spiritual or scientific ( sucks that we have to identify with Dualism) knowledge.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #120
E-NA6CE
Moto GP Racer

Quote:

Could not agree more with this post.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement