Ogio No Drag Mach 5 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves

Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves Discuss and ask questions about your gear here

Sponsored by SportbikeTrackGear

Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Tripz
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ogio No Drag Mach 5

Seen this bag on youtube as I was looking to purchase an OGIO no drag. Anyone have any experience with this? It seems new and has an accessorry pouch in the front and a visor compartment which is pretty neat.

Only compliant I've read is that it scratches easily and is not flat on the bottom... but its damn sexy
Tripz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was looking at this myself

but it seems like a lot of people prefer Kriega R20 or R25

Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fly_Killer For This Useful Post:
Tripz (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Tripz
Training Wheel Hero

I've heard nothing but good things about those Kriega Bags, but for my use, I only need to store clothes and a pair of shoes and I just can't get over how nice the OGIO looks.

I'm sure the R25 is more practical in everyday use as the zippers are on the outside for access. OGIO having a life-time warranty also sways me more in their favor even tho Kriega has a 10 year warranty.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

I know, i like the looks of Ogio too. Kriega looks like a parachute lol but everybody loves those straps - they say you cant even feel the bag on your back.

Ogio looks a little more aerodynamic. Not sure. I wish they were a little cheaper
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
NateDieselF4i
Training Wheel Hero

I have the ogio no drag. Its GREAT. Lots of little things that make it better for riding. straps / positioning etc.

Little pricey but well worth it
NateDieselF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
muffinman
Training Wheel Hero

Love how the Kriega has large reflective patches.. if you're a commuter, the Kriega makes more sense IMO
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #7
raemhild
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My problem is that I'm a fatty.. so the bags with the chest harness usually ride high enough to choke me in a tuck. I have an Icon squad II which I thought I would love but always go back to my Oakley backpack. That and the Icon is a total POS.. this is the second one I have had on warranty and it's ripped worse than the first one.

The thing I didn't like about the Ogio was that it never seemed to hold it's shape if it was empty. It would always collapse in on itself which made it ugly. Sure, it still functions, but why buy a bag that is going to be ugly half of the time?

Maybe they fixed that in the new on. We really need a review on this. Someone bite the bullet!!! I would, but I'm about to drop $200 on a disc golf bag >.<.
raemhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
muffinman
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by raemhild View Post
My problem is that I'm a fatty.. so the bags with the chest harness usually ride high enough to choke me in a tuck. I have an Icon squad II which I thought I would love but always go back to my Oakley backpack. That and the Icon is a total POS.. this is the second one I have had on warranty and it's ripped worse than the first one.

The thing I didn't like about the Ogio was that it never seemed to hold it's shape if it was empty. It would always collapse in on itself which made it ugly. Sure, it still functions, but why buy a bag that is going to be ugly half of the time?

Maybe they fixed that in the new on. We really need a review on this. Someone bite the bullet!!! I would, but I'm about to drop $200 on a disc golf bag >.<.
What didn't you like about the ICON? Seemed pretty quality, with nice, thick padding and lots of useful compartments (+the reflective visibility)
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
JaviNES
Knee Dragger

That OGIO is sweet, I think Im going to be getting a new bag soon lol
Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
flyingwangwang
Knee Dragger

I have the Ogio no Drag as well...love the backpack. Even with my 15inch macbook and school books, you don't really feel it shifting around on your back like a regular backpack. You really don't notice you have a backpack on except for the weight of things you have in it.
flyingwangwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
Mantheron
Training Wheel Hero

I have the No Drag (not the Mach 5) and it is usually *just* big enough. Room for work shoes, lunch, visor, iPad/laptop, and a thermos. If I add a change of clothes, the front (next to my body) bulges a bit. I've never had any issues with the bag not holding it's shape, the shell is very firm.

My only real complaint is that the Velcro securing the laptop sleeve isn't adjustable, so if I'm packing a change of clothes and my iPad, I stick them both in that slot.

The Mach 5 sounds like its a little nicer, and wouldn't hesitate to pick one up if something happened to my current one. I would also look at the option of getting a tail bag rather than a backpack. It seems like it would be more comfortable on longer rides and may have more storage capacity.
Mantheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
motorhead87
Pocketbike Racer

Actually really want a good tank back bank pack, thanks OP for posting.

So just to clarify, these bags with the mags will stick to our tanks securely for highway riding? Hate how sweaty my back gets with a back pack...

That mach5 looks sick, as far as looks though I think i'm digging the r25 though :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
motorhead87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
raemhild
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
What didn't you like about the ICON? Seemed pretty quality, with nice, thick padding and lots of useful compartments (+the reflective visibility)
Don't be fooled, it's a POS. The reflective panels rip at the seems if the shoulder straps. The plastic frame in the back cuts through the bad on the sides leaving the sides exposed and frayed (I'll take pics at work tonight). It does have tons of storage, is easily expandable and is very reflective but the quality sucks. This is my second one ONLY because I got the bag replaced on warranty, which i may look into again.

Posted with the motorcycle.com app on my Evo 4g.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
herm87
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead87 View Post
Actually really want a good tank back bank pack, thanks OP for posting.

So just to clarify, these bags with the mags will stick to our tanks securely for highway riding? Hate how sweaty my back gets with a back pack...

That mach5 looks sick, as far as looks though I think i'm digging the r25 though :)

What year is your bike? I know that the only way that a magnetic bag is staying on my 08 tank is to glue some metal strips to the bottom of the tank cover. I think it may be the same since 05?
Zero gravity db windscreen
ddm 8k hids
Tst integrated tail
OEM solo cowl

WTB - 08 silver nose cowl
herm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
motorhead87
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herm87 View Post
What year is your bike? I know that the only way that a magnetic bag is staying on my 08 tank is to glue some metal strips to the bottom of the tank cover. I think it may be the same since 05?
Yeah I have an 05, I wondered if I'd have to do something because of the tank plastic...hmm

motorhead87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
phatjoe
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by raemhild View Post
The thing I didn't like about the Ogio was that it never seemed to hold it's shape if it was empty. It would always collapse in on itself which made it ugly.
I have the same issue with my OGIO No Drag bag. It has two significant dips/indents that make it look weird/ugly. Honestly, I hardly use the bag. I've used it a handful of times, and it has always been stored indoors. Why it has these two large indents is just odd to me. Also, I don't like how it zips open from the rear (part that touches your back).

You live and learn, and I'd personally give Kriega a try...or save some money and purchase a $40 backpack on zappos.com. They literally have hundreds to choose from......
phatjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
raemhild
Premium Member

Here are those pictures I promised of the Icon Squad II:

The shoulder strap part regarding the reflective piece isn't really a big deal, more of a pet peeve. The huge whole on the side though drives me crazy. That's not even really a pressure point for the bag. I'd like to blame it on the plastic sheet that works to hold the bags form, but the tear is underneath where the plastic sits against the fabric.

After looking into some of the bags that are already at Cycle Gear(where I bought my squad II) I am probably going to return this one.. again.. and swap it out for the Ogio no drag mach 5. Cycle Gear doesn't stock it yet, but they have every other one of the no drags, so I am sure they will get it in soon enough. It was either that or go with the Squadron RSS. The only thing I don't really like about the squadron is that it's not hydration ready. This is important in TX during 110 degree summers.

They seemed to have solved the problem with the bag(no drag) not holding it's shape. The mach 5 is molded and looks solid. It's got some metal accents, some reflective piping and the logo is fully reflective as well. Hydration pouch, lap top pouch, tablet pouch, standard backpack pockets, shoe harnesses, adjustable divider, visor pouch, sunglasses pouch, stealth handle, adjustable waist strap, removable pouch and helmet clip.

I mean the thing looks pretty boss, not going to lie.

Random review:

and Ogio's promo video:

Last edited by raemhild; 05-03-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
Tripz
Training Wheel Hero

I think I will be picking this bag up and post up a review within the next month. Can't get over how sexy it looks haha
Old 05-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #19
bwilliamsdv
Pocketbike Racer

I have an OGIO Mach 3 No Drag 2012 bag. Just got it. It's awesome. Very comfortable to ride with. It's for the most part the same as the Mach 5 with a few less compartments I believe. Great bag. I love the relfective liner in it.

2006 CBR600RR (graphite black)
Puig Dark Smoke Racing Windshield
Competition Werkes Smoked LED Flush Mounts
Two Brothers CF VALE M2 Slip-On
TST/Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light Kit
TST License Mount
DEI Exhaust Wrap (black)
Black Two Brothers Hardware
bwilliamsdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #20
bwilliamsdv
Pocketbike Racer

I will comment on the picture that they take and advertise though. There is no way that bag would close with all the compartments full like that :D. It would be tight on the zipper if it did and would result in a tear.

2006 CBR600RR (graphite black)
Puig Dark Smoke Racing Windshield
Competition Werkes Smoked LED Flush Mounts
Two Brothers CF VALE M2 Slip-On
TST/Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light Kit
TST License Mount
DEI Exhaust Wrap (black)
Black Two Brothers Hardware
bwilliamsdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement