Thoughts on slipper clutch - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.


Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #31
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TRIBAL05BLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Mateo,CA
Posts: 944
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 128 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Bikes gut customized far more than any other vehicle out there. How could any one verify what's on there other than the frame? I'd ask a local PD and see what they say.

I don't know I was pulled over by California Highway Patrol. I don't know who has more authority them or local PD. I've been pulled over by local PD always warnings or let go, I don't get caught speeding. Just license plate and some cops don't realize the other light is a HB. Yeah they Made me sit on the curb, One of them stood watch over me and 3 others investigated my bike. They had flashlights, were looking for all the numbers. One of them asked me what some numbers were behind the headers " Uh, that's the oil filter dude".."Oh Ok. go sit down kid"
so for an hour they pulled my bike around, moving it everywhere and rocking it back and forth, underneath it on top of it looking down the forks.
They got suspicious cause it looked like the dude I bought it off of painted the subframe and put tape over the VIN so it didn't get painted over and forgot about the tape. Also the federal tag is still on the left side of my forks. So I make my appointment tomorrow for Monday to go in and get it checked. I got handed an "Arrest Ticket" If I don't go on Monday I get (and I quote) "We know where you work, if you don't show up Monday it's going to escalate and we will come to your work and arrest you and take the bike then". Honestly the cops were really nice, I just hope they are wrong. I will feel like such a tool if I did buy a stolen bike. How was I to know? I have the title registration and insurance. When he called it in on the radio I heard dispatch say " Black 2005 Honda CBR sold to a One Joshua S. Smith on 8/5/2012 by a (dont wanna say his name)." So I dunno dude, I dunno
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonrrpilot View Post
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
TRIBAL05BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #32
Shadow6OORRider
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 163
Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So you have the clean title that's transferred to ur name right? I don't see what the problem is then.
Shadow6OORRider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow6OORRider For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #33
love2ride
Pocketbike Racer
 
love2ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingbomb View Post
Riding at the point it would be matter would be very unsafe on the street. You shouldn't be pushing braking and downshifting to such a late point. I don't have much issue on the track if when I downshift the bike will be under 10k rpm. Over that, you have to be a bit more gentle on releasing the clutch or blip the throttle a bit.

Like others have said, there are so many better mods to do first. A track day would help your riding 10x more then a slipper but suspension and brakes would be much more meaningful upgrades.
With a slipper would you still have to rev match or does it do that for you?

I started tracking this season and am having trouble braking and rev matching while downshifting at the same time.
__________________

| 2008 Ducati 1098 | 2009 Yamaha R6|

Past: 2004 Yamaha R1 | 2005 CBR600RR
love2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to love2ride For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #34
Minx
Lifetime Premium
 
Minx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Outside of Philly
Posts: 688
Thanks: 31
Thanked 101 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Guys,

I made a little wirte up about slipper clutches since I saw you had a lot of questions and are trying to decide if it's right for you. check it out and see if it helps in your decision process.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=293000
__________________
-Minx

My Modification Memoir - GOLDEN EYES
FS: 07+ Stock Exhaust + Heat Shield ($75)
FS: Dainese Delta Pro Pants (38 Long) - $300+
Complete: Li Ion Battery, HID Gold Eyes, Radiator Guard, SSR Rearsets and RC2 Levers, Type 4 / 3 Brake Lines, 8149B Slip-On, FE, IT, Cluster LEDs, and LED Pegs, Sliders, Brake Pads, Corsa Screen.
Up Next: TTX MkII Rear Shock
Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minx For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (11-03-2012), TRIBAL05BLACK (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
 
sincalirider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Visalia, Ca
Posts: 23,600
Thanks: 1,003
Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBAL05BLACK View Post
I don't know I was pulled over by California Highway Patrol. I don't know who has more authority them or local PD. I've been pulled over by local PD always warnings or let go, I don't get caught speeding. Just license plate and some cops don't realize the other light is a HB. Yeah they Made me sit on the curb, One of them stood watch over me and 3 others investigated my bike. They had flashlights, were looking for all the numbers. One of them asked me what some numbers were behind the headers " Uh, that's the oil filter dude".."Oh Ok. go sit down kid"
so for an hour they pulled my bike around, moving it everywhere and rocking it back and forth, underneath it on top of it looking down the forks.
They got suspicious cause it looked like the dude I bought it off of painted the subframe and put tape over the VIN so it didn't get painted over and forgot about the tape. Also the federal tag is still on the left side of my forks. So I make my appointment tomorrow for Monday to go in and get it checked. I got handed an "Arrest Ticket" If I don't go on Monday I get (and I quote) "We know where you work, if you don't show up Monday it's going to escalate and we will come to your work and arrest you and take the bike then". Honestly the cops were really nice, I just hope they are wrong. I will feel like such a tool if I did buy a stolen bike. How was I to know? I have the title registration and insurance. When he called it in on the radio I heard dispatch say " Black 2005 Honda CBR sold to a One Joshua S. Smith on 8/5/2012 by a (dont wanna say his name)." So I dunno dude, I dunno
I just don't see why you got singled out. It should show in their database if the VIN was registered as stolen. From there, it seems like pure speculation. If you have any lawyers around that do free consultations I would ask him for advice. Seems like they are just trying to bully you. It would be one thing if they were trying to ticket you for anything that could be not in compliance to vehicle code. But to say parts of your bike may be stolen? How could anyone pinpoint visually that a part isn't original to your bike? Seems really sketchy to me.
__________________
sincalirider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sincalirider For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #36
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TRIBAL05BLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Mateo,CA
Posts: 944
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 128 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
I just don't see why you got singled out. It should show in their database if the VIN was registered as stolen. From there, it seems like pure speculation. If you have any lawyers around that do free consultations I would ask him for advice. Seems like they are just trying to bully you. It would be one thing if they were trying to ticket you for anything that could be not in compliance to vehicle code. But to say parts of your bike may be stolen? How could anyone pinpoint visually that a part isn't original to your bike? Seems really sketchy to me.

I have the title and I was able to insure it so im like wtf. wouldnt the vin come up reported stolen and ****? Freaking cops!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonrrpilot View Post
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
TRIBAL05BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #37
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer
 
Rad Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under Consideration
Posts: 5,047
Thanks: 711
Thanked 779 Times in 677 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBAL05BLACK View Post
I have the title and I was able to insure it so im like wtf. wouldnt the vin come up reported stolen and ****? Freaking cops!
Just a dark cloud passing by dude, dont get too frustrated. I am assuming no insurance company would insure a bike that was reported stolen. Get it checked up and hopefully things will get better from there. Keep us posted.

On topic, Minx, thanks for the writeup, quite informative. Check it out for those who havent read it yet.

Sincali, knowledgeable as always, I was wondering about the sprocket conversion as well so thanks.
__________________
2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795


Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rad Rage For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #38
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TRIBAL05BLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Mateo,CA
Posts: 944
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 128 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Minx Thank you! Rad Yeah hopefully it passes! I don't think it was stolen. Honestly The CHP that pulled me over, was sitting in traffic and I started lane splitting. When I got off the freeway he was right there, pulling me over for "License plate is too low" I think he was sitting in traffic (like how i saw him when I was lane splitting) got bored and needed a "reason" to get out of traffic. And for him to be able to catch me, It meant he had to drive in the shoulder. Damn Cops
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonrrpilot View Post
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
TRIBAL05BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.



Powered by: vBulletin | vBadvanced CMPS & Gallery
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum