MotoGP 2012 Round 17 Phillip Island ***SPOILER*** - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Track Talk > MotoGP, AMA and WSBK

Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #61
EvolutionCBR
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone else upset that Speed network cut away with like 10 laps to go in the Moto 2 race so they could talk about Nascar? They never even got around to saying who won. I mean it was only the race where the championship in the series was clinched and they cut away because Johnson being up with three races left to go is super important. Lame.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvolutionCBR For This Useful Post:
CBR Time (10-29-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #62
Disco
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 84 reviews
The Speed broadcast sucks azz. British Eurosport is where its at. You get the pre-race coverage and the race in its entirety with no commercials, and the announcers make the race twice as entertaining. Im gonna miss their witty commentary during the off season.

www.cyclesector.com
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #63
BLUETORI
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
The Speed broadcast sucks azz. British Eurosport is where its at. You get the pre-race coverage and the race in its entirety with no commercials, and the announcers make the race twice as entertaining. Im gonna miss their witty commentary during the off season.
Where to watch this at? Online?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #64
CBR Time
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionCBR View Post
Anyone else upset that Speed network cut away with like 10 laps to go in the Moto 2 race so they could talk about Nascar? They never even got around to saying who won. I mean it was only the race where the championship in the series was clinched and they cut away because Johnson being up with three races left to go is super important. Lame.
yep terrible, they kept flashing a ticker on the bottom saying "breaking news" etc.
CBR Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #65
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Congrats to Marquez on wrapping up the Moto 2 championship. Now onward to bigger and better things.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #66
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindTheGreenDoor View Post
One of the most awkward things I have seen was Laverty signalling Biaggi to pass him on the straight at Moscow when Laverty clearly had the faster pace. After dominating every single session and being the fastest rider by almost 1 second in every session coming in second would have been a farce. Not sure what feed you were watching but all the EuroSport guys were not expecting Casey to come in second
  • on his possibly last home race ever on a GP bike
  • on his favorite circuit that he has dominated for 5 years
  • on a race he came back from injury to ensure that he could ride competitively
  • on a day that had a sell-out record crowd to see him off
As for Casey's performance at PI I think Rossi summed it up best
"his last race at home, after winning the last 5 consecutive races on this track, you create a special atmosphere in these conditions – he said – It ‘s like in a bubble, when walking not even touching the ground, fly. Stoner keen to win and not just the machine that gives him an advantage, he puts much of her, even half a second per lap. Here guidance from God" - link

This everyone hates Jorge BS is crap. Only Rossi Fanatics (not Rossi fans but the fanatics that worship him) have created this atmosphere that Jorge was copying VR's setting's, Jorge is riding VR's bike, Jorge this Jorge that. You can't love every rider but falling into the trap that because you don't like him everyone else doesn't is a fallacy. I like Jorge, Casey and Jorge are probably my favourite current riders.

As for the wife being his brolly girl, PERHAPS just PERHAPS Casey asked his wife to be the brolly girl? PERHAPS in the same fashion Rossi has a pre bike mounting ritual, that Dani has a putting on helmet twice ritual, that the kiss before the race is Casey's ritual that gets him into a calm zone/state? PERHAPS the person he is willing to leave a sport he is amazing in to retire is the person he would want with him before a race when he knows due to injury it may be the last time he see's her?

....Damn I went into a bit of rant..in any case everyone is entitled to their opinion, feelings and perceptions including you. Just realize that your feelings don't reflect everyone else's, the same as mine don't.
Dude, I agree with everything you said save for the Lorenzo hate thing. I don't need fanatics telling me what to think of someone. Lorenzo knows that it takes something special to match Rossi's charisma. He doesnt naturally have it, so he tries to forge it somehow. Wearing mismatching boots, adding special items to the bike to personalize it more, and other things. These were part of Rossi's style, pioneered by him. Lorenzo copied a lot of it. I just read a **** load of comments on Crash and usually I let most of them fly, but at times it just drives me nuts how people can act like such retards.

Things like Rossi is not as good, or is playing mind games (which again was part of Rossi's style and is currently copied by Lorenzo courtesy of the last comment he made regarding Stoner.) Do people just forget Rossi's achievements because of his crap time at Ducati? Do people just forget how many times Stoner lead in a race and crashed consecutively? Not taking anything away from him, but it seems Rossi achieved so much and when it was his turn to have a crap time in the series people enjoyed it sooooo much. Lorenzo chose to copy many of the elements that make Rossi what he is.

Some even claim that Rossi had it easy, apparently they forgot people like Sete Gibernau, Nicky Hayden (back then), Max Biaggi and Alex Barros. Whom all fell prey to Rossi's mind games and before that his superior racing ability most often than not. Lorenzo is a great rider and has so much to achieve still, but to say he is as good as Rossi or any of the other riders is just immature, because it takes a lot to win over and over again. Look at Dani, he had a great season, and in my opinion deserves a championship but he still doesnt have one. He learned more in this season than he did through his entire career and will continue to fight next season, that takes a lot of mental toughness. So think about what Rossi is achieved. Think back to races where Rossi started from 11th to reach 1st place and then open a gap on the leader (who was Stoner at times), think to Catalunya and Motegi 2009, Laguna Seca.........

Some of this is just venting and is not directed at you but I have had it with these anti-Rossi comments coming from advocates of Schadenfraude because they cant cope with the reality that is their miserable lives.

Wow, that felt good. By the way, I enjoy reading your posts.

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.

Last edited by Rad Rage; 10-30-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #67
adamcbr4lyfe
AMA Supersport Racer

I understand where you're coming from. It's like that in any sport, when you're winning everyone loves you, but as soon as you lose people take shots. As good of rider as Stoner is he still only won two titles, years apart and never defended a championship. Yet his fans would say he won on a Ducati back in 07 so he's better than Rossi lol. I don't agree. Rossi even if he never wins another race will be the best motorcycle racer I've ever watched. Lorenzo has a legit shot to defend and have a run like Rossi did but we'll wait and see.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adamcbr4lyfe For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (10-31-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #68
BehindTheGreenDoor
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Wow, that felt good. By the way, I enjoy reading your posts.
Thanks for the compliment I try to be as even keel about all the riders because the reality is we see them for 5hrs on a race weekend and we know nothing about them other than what we want to project onto them.

lol You really let of some steam....for a second there I thought I had started some SH!T.

BTW all riders/sports have their fare share of FANATIC's (who in my opinion are a whole separate breed of fan or hater) The definition of Fanatic I was using when initially making my comments is

"Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal, particularly for an extreme religious or political cause or in some cases sports, or with an obsessive enthusiasm for a pastime or hobby. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim"; according to Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". By either description the fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions." - Link

Last edited by BehindTheGreenDoor; 10-30-2012 at 12:23 PM.
BehindTheGreenDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #69
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

@adamcbr4lyfe: It is times like these that show the bandwagon fans from the real fans.

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment I try to be as even keel about all the riders because the reality is we see them for 5hrs on a race weekend and we know nothing about them other than what we want to project onto them.

lol You really let of some steam....for a second there I thought I had started some SH!T.

BTW all riders/sports have their fare share of FANATIC's (who in my opinion are a whole separate breed of fan or hater) The definition of Fanatic I was using when initially making my comments is

"Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal, particularly for an extreme religious or political cause or in some cases sports, or with an obsessive enthusiasm for a pastime or hobby. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim"; according to Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". By either description the fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions." - Link
I am sometimes a bit of an English language nazi, even though it is technically my second language, so thankfully I am aware of the fanaticism definition. I like Rossi so much, but never let myself be a fanatic because fanatics tend to delude themselves, and I don't do that. Passion is what really makes the difference in my book, you can have a passion for something and still be aware of its caveats. But yeah, it's all good.

So who is your favorite rider of all time?

Co-President of Team46

Last edited by Rad Rage; 10-31-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #70
BehindTheGreenDoor
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
So who is your favorite rider of all time?
I started watching during the Rossi era so I dont think I have enough history to have an all time fav rider. Bout you?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #71
FlipDiver79
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just when Westy was gaining momentum...

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/185...ping_test.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
FlipDiver79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #72
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I started watching during the Rossi era so I dont think I have enough history to have an all time fav rider. Bout you?
So did I, based on my experiences with the sport it would be Rossi hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
Just when Westy was gaining momentum...

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/185...ping_test.html
Yeah saw that and I'm like, following in the footsteps of Lance Armstrong are we Westy?

Co-President of Team46

Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #73
BehindTheGreenDoor
Pocketbike Racer

I don't know West's situation so I'll reserve judgement, BUT being a pro athlete these days it is hard to train at top levels and not mistakenly ingest a banned substance. In the case of methylhexaneamine it is a stimulant that is used in over the counter medication to clear decongestant but supplemental manufactures are now also including it in supplements and NOT mentioning it in the labelling. The irony is that it actually has a bit more of an effect than coffee (in over the counter doses) and probably comparable to the caffeine levels in the sports drinks (Monster, Redbull ect) that the drivers hold up in park ferme.

Here is a good artice about it link
Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #74
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I don't know West's situation so I'll reserve judgement, BUT being a pro athlete these days it is hard to train at top levels and not mistakenly ingest a banned substance. In the case of methylhexaneamine it is a stimulant that is used in over the counter medication to clear decongestant but supplemental manufactures are now also including it in supplements and NOT mentioning it in the labelling. The irony is that it actually has a bit more of an effect than coffee (in over the counter doses) and probably comparable to the caffeine levels in the sports drinks (Monster, Redbull ect) that the drivers hold up in park ferme.

Here is a good artice about it link
I have always thought the potential for these tests to produce contaminated results that can destroy the livelihood of athletes because of some human error is ignored by many. Sometimes also the intention of the athlete is completely neglected, if Westy really did ingest it through an OTC drug where the manufacturer didnt label it then legal proceedings should be in order for compensatory damages ranging in the millions just to overshadow the negative publicity generated so far. I will now read the article you posted, thanks.

Co-President of Team46

Last edited by Rad Rage; 11-03-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #75
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
I understand where you're coming from. It's like that in any sport, when you're winning everyone loves you, but as soon as you lose people take shots. As good of rider as Stoner is he still only won two titles, years apart and never defended a championship. Yet his fans would say he won on a Ducati back in 07 so he's better than Rossi lol. I don't agree. Rossi even if he never wins another race will be the best motorcycle racer I've ever watched. Lorenzo has a legit shot to defend and have a run like Rossi did but we'll wait and see.
I'll first say that Stoner isn't better than Rossi; But if Repsol had given Stoner a seat instead of Dani back in 2006, I think it's fair to say that Stoner might have won maybe one or two more titles. Titles that went to Rossi instead. I think we've all figured out by now that Stoner is capable of pushing a bike pasts it's limits and Rossi is not. You put that kind of character on an early 800cc RC212V and the M1 has some serious competition.