Anyone else have horrible luck? : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Asabon94
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone else have horrible luck?

So I go to sell my 01 f4i. I've had nothin but bad luck with this thing. In the summer I tried replacing the cam chain tensioner by myself to save a few bucks. Weelllll somehow a tiny ball bearing falls into the first cylinder chewing out my cylinder head and piston. So I rebuilt the thing and that took a few months. Had it up and running again. Put some good miles on it. Then decided to sell it since I need a car. I put it up for 3500 and was in a hurry to sell so I took 3 grand. This guy comes to see it. Rides great he wants to buy it. Next week he comes over to pay for it and take it home. He test drives it again just to try and ride it like a sport bike since he rides a Honda shadow and you could tell he didn't know that you can shift a little later than 3k rpm. Anyways comes back all good. I have 3 grand in my pocket and he's got the title in his jacket. He goes to start it up. I hear a loud rattle. The red light is on and the oil light is blinking. And it's leaking coolant. Wtf. Why. I sold it for 900$ as is cuz I can't afford to fix it and I just needed this possessed bike out. I was so pissed. Anyone else had bad luck with anything like I have?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Cbr 600rr
Asabon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
XoHoyoX
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My friend came to my house on his Quad bike, it was a proper bling'ed out Quad with alloy wheels and chrome. So we decided that he would follow me home in my car (which he loved) and I would ride his Quad, so we were about 800metres from his house and he passed me and started pointing at the Quad, so I looked down and the thing was on fire! So he just told me to open it up, so I did and managed to get about 500metres before it died, then we pushed it the last 300metres.

XoHoyoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
XoHoyoX
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Also after my second tour of Iraq my wife spent all my money, but after the tour we get a Operational Tour Bonus, works out at about 2500, so I looked for some motocross bikes & found one for 1600. Bought it and went to England from Germany to pick it up, I rode it 4 times and on the fourth time the engine had a Big end seizure, sold the bike for about 350. Then found out the guy who bought it spent about 150 to fix it!

XoHoyoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Asabon94
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok well looks like my life isn't that bad. Lol. It was just such a huge downer cuz I had 3 grand ready to use for things and having it taken away cuz my bike couldn't stay working for 20 more minutes

2007 Cbr 600rr
Asabon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement