HEROIC SP-R Pro S - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > 600rr.net Product Reviews

600rr.net Product Reviews Use this section to provide a detailed review of new products.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #31
BerlinaS2K
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaine1 View Post
Weak excuse? From what I understand(and I could be wrong) the OP bought the gloves new. I don't know your age and financial situation Sin, I fortunately can afford what ever gear is needed at the time it is needed. You do have to admit many of the members here are living on a shoestring budget and to throw out 180 twice is beyond their means. I am guessing that he blew his load on these glove to get the best that he could afford and what he would expect to get several years out of. Where it stands right now, yes he would have been far better off to go to WERA and get someone elses used gloves that have already stood the test of the track, but that is not the case. No matter who you are 180 for hand protection is not cheap and you would expect a good return on your investment.
Thank you, I appreciate you being able to see my situation. I am a full time college student working full time and it does hurt to blow $180.00, get a defective product in more than one area, and have the manufacturer ask that I send it back to be repaired- especially after explaining several times that my bike is my only means of transportation. While I could have spent the money on a used set of gloves instead, the point of buying new is to limit/avoid the possibility of having something like this from happening.

After receiving what I feel is inadequate service, I decided to count it as a loss, and look for a different pair of gloves altogether.
BerlinaS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #32
BerlinaS2K
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROIC View Post
looks to me like the gloves were the wrong size. The seams are all stressed and the pivot point where all the pressure is at either broke the kangaroo or the seam. The thread on the thumb deflector? Never in 3 years of manufacturing these have I seen this. The yellowing? Looks like it needs some TLC with 409. All could have been fixed withing 20 minutes in service.

Why manufactures don't like to have close relations with forums, or customers?.. This is a # one case that didn't have to go down like this.

Todd McNabney
Creative Director / Designer / Owner
HEROIC Racing Apparel
Bayside Queens NYC

Shipping Address

HEROIC Racing Apparel
co Todd McNabney
50-14 206th Street Rear
Oakland Gardens, NY 11364

Facebook: Todd McNabney or HRA HEROIC RACING APPAREL
I disagree with the gloves being the wrong size and commend you on the comfort level of the gloves as I stated in my review. The gloves fit perfectly, both right and left hand, and is the only positive thing I can say about them. 20 minutes in service with you in less than a months time of riding on the street? In reality, I'm glad the issue surfaced immediately instead of possibly suffering irreversible damage to my hands in the event of a fall. I do agree that this review could have been a positive one; however, I asked for your assistance multiple times and you disregarded my request.

You indicate you were willing to pay for shipping, so why not arrange it instead of leaving me hanging without a response? There's plenty of manufacturers on numerous forums that stand by their customers, are helpful, and willing to make a situation right.

The review tells exactly how the events transpired and I've remained as objective as possible.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #33
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaine1 View Post
Weak excuse? From what I understand(and I could be wrong) the OP bought the gloves new. I don't know your age and financial situation Sin, I fortunately can afford what ever gear is needed at the time it is needed. You do have to admit many of the members here are living on a shoestring budget and to throw out 180 twice is beyond their means. I am guessing that he blew his load on these glove to get the best that he could afford and what he would expect to get several years out of. Where it stands right now, yes he would have been far better off to go to WERA and get someone elses used gloves that have already stood the test of the track, but that is not the case. No matter who you are 180 for hand protection is not cheap and you would expect a good return on your investment.
This is exactly why this country is in the situation it is. Everyone is living beyond their means. No one told anybody hear to buy a high performance bike with out thinking about the long term costs. If you truly loved riding but can't afford it you either get a smaller bike until you are in a better situation or you save your pennies until you can. Everyone sees the fast bike and think I want it but hardly anybody thinks insurance cost, gear, maintenance and so on. That's why so many bikes have low miles. People buy them and have no clue what they are getting into. I'm not saying you have to buy premium gear all the time but if your budget is an issue than you got into the wrong hobby. These bikes depreciate fast and mods hardly add to the value of them.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 AM   #34
jimpaine1
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
This is exactly why this country is in the situation it is. Everyone is living beyond their means. No one told anybody hear to buy a high performance bike with out thinking about the long term costs. If you truly loved riding but can't afford it you either get a smaller bike until you are in a better situation or you save your pennies until you can. Everyone sees the fast bike and think I want it but hardly anybody thinks insurance cost, gear, maintenance and so on. That's why so many bikes have low miles. People buy them and have no clue what they are getting into. I'm not saying you have to buy premium gear all the time but if your budget is an issue than you got into the wrong hobby. These bikes depreciate fast and mods hardly add to the value of them.
Agreed, but the average person buying these types of bikes isn't usually in the financial position that we are in. We should be exstatic that they are looking into the best gear that they can afford, but if that gear fails in less than a month you can not blame them for being as upset as the OP is. It would have been a said and done case if Heroic would have just sent out a new glove and called it a day. The positive feedback for that would have far out weighed what is being discussed here. My side business depends on positive feedback because of the amount of not so legal people doing what I do at a lot lower cost. With out my customers spreading the word of my workmanship I would simply fall into the masses of everyone one else that does powerwashing. Don't ever blame the lack of funds by a customer to excuse the lack of quality from a vendor. I am not putting Heroic down, because he did "man up" to state his case here. Regardless of how long ago this transaction took place I think he, I and you know the best way to come to a solution for this situation.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #35
jimpaine1
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Don't ever blame the lack of funds by a customer to excuse the lack of quality from a vendor.

^.. I think that is one of the best quotes that I have ever come up with "off the cuff"
Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #36
BerlinaS2K
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Thank you for the advise but you're generalizing and your statements have nothing to do with the situation at hand. I do love riding and I did save my pennies to afford gear that I felt was adequate based on the claims advertised by the manufacturer. I've had this bike for a few years and is the third one I've owned. Thankfully, I'm comfortable working on my own things so maintenance is not an issue. While I can understand where you're coming from, does it truly relate with the Heroic gloves failing to meet what they advertise?

Keep in mind that I did account for the expense of buying a set of gloves, and not for 2 sets when the first one fell apart in less than a months time.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #37
highonlakai
AMA Supersport Racer

you know you're supposed to fap when the glove is off right?!

highonlakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
nurdie
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This was way better than cable TV.

Taichi is amazing. You won't be disappointed.
but if your taichi glove falls apart then buy a Kia.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #39
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,808 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
My RS Taichi WRX & EVO gloves are still intact after 3 years of daily use rain or shine

Honrary Chairman

In memory of SpdyG_AK , Close Assault & Phatstud
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
lexusrx
Debt Management Counselor

Feedback Score: 46 reviews
taichi is good. held is the best imo. heroic makes some awesome suits. dont have enough first hand knowledge with their gloves to really give an honest answer on that one. prob the worst big name glove is a-stars. i cant tell you how many of those have had to be sent back in for warranty work. before you buy another set OP check with your taichi supplier and see what their repair policy is. i know held does all repairs in house as well.

when it comes to who you buy from, ill tell you that 99.9% of manufacturers out there will NOT pay for shipping to them for anything. if you order from a dealer (buys from the manufacturer) then its up to the dealer on what they want to do. you tend to have better service this way as well. i know that we have paid out of pocket for warranty stuff before just to make things right with the customer.

http://www.superbikesupply.com
info@superbikesupply.com
828-287-2101-sales
FEED YOUR EGO!!
http://www.facebook.com/superbikesupply
08 cbr 1000rr
07 cbr 600rr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
lexusrx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexusrx For This Useful Post:
James Wong (12-13-2012), Moeman (12-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement