Might Have to Say GoodBye On Tuesday... - Page 8 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #211
Slickrick600
I LOVE MY BIKE

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
I would get a lawyer after the insurance company why cause they did not their homework insure a bike that is a stolen bike , they obviously did not verify the vin number , in addition how can you insure a bike that is titled and registered to some one else may be its ok in the state of CA but Tribal got to still look into it cause it might be illegal for them to do such practice and if they are in the wrong I would sue them

Moe is right yet again. Have taken law (Criminology, Counterfeit Documents & Fraud Detection and Criminal code) I can't believe your insurance company would have done something this stupid. But yes before you contact them I would contact a lawyer first. You have a pretty good case here man and a good chance of coming up on top! Check it out whats the worst that can happen.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=287064
^My Build/Upgrade Thread^
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/markstewin
^My Facebook^ Live in or Near Windsor Ont. Add me. lets ride.
Slickrick600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #212
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,250 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
OK, so please answer a couple questions if you would.

1. Is the VIN that is stamped so poorly coming back as stolen?
2. Are they considering it stolen since a VIN was stamped that didn't belong to it so the fake VIN actually looked good?

I have never had to show a bike to State Farm to insure it, I just call them with the VIN and we go from there. If the VIN came back good but didn't actually bellong to the back they wouldn't know. If they saw that crappy stamping job then insured it then shame on them.
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #213
JSchulte
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I could insure anyone's bike on this forum if I had their VIN, insurance doesn't care about ownership they'll take anyone's money.
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
JSchulte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JSchulte For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #214
ToroPop
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchulte View Post
I could insure anyone's bike on this forum if I had their VIN, insurance doesn't care about ownership they'll take anyone's money.
If so they covered that bike (as in that crappy vin number was on that bike so by the way they define it then that is the bike), and it has be claimed a "theft" so he should get paid out. (if he got that coverage)
Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #215
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
OK, so please answer a couple questions if you would.

1. Is the VIN that is stamped so poorly coming back as stolen?
2. Are they considering it stolen since a VIN was stamped that didn't belong to it so the fake VIN actually looked good?

I have never had to show a bike to State Farm to insure it, I just call them with the VIN and we go from there. If the VIN came back good but didn't actually bellong to the back they wouldn't know. If they saw that crappy stamping job then insured it then shame on them.

The VIN that is stamped on poorly. Is missing the M in it, so it doesn't even match. The VIN i looked at when i bought the bike is the one on the left of the triple tree. That one MATCHED the Title. However, that VIN is the one coming back as stolen. The fake VIN I don't even believe will run since it is missing a letter in it. Also when I brought it into the CHP office they did a brief run over. The engine didn't have an Engine number, where it should at the center of the swingarm. There was either nothing there or he said " Looks scrubbed" so, I'm fairly positive I have a Stolen FrankenBike. Well, I don't have it anymore. But yeah.
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
TRIBAL05BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #216
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

and X, No one came out to investigate the bike or anything. I insured the bike from work while on lunch, with nothing not even the title in front of me. (at least I dont think so, why would I have the title at work?)
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #217
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,250 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sorry it worked out like this.
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #218
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Hey man not your fault . Lesson learned though. Maybe I can get cashed out by my insurance company I'm not too sure I'll have to look into it

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #219
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,810 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
I am thinking out loud here so bare with me what would be the insurance co response if Tribal calls the insurance co and tell them the CHP confiscated his bike because its a stolen bike will they pay up if the bike has full coverage ?

Honrary Chairman [

In memory of SpdyG_AK , Close Assault & Phatstud
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #220
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

I don't have full coverage though :( didn't think it necessary on a used vehicle . I'm a fucktard I know

Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #221
Moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBAL05BLACK View Post
I don't have full coverage though :( didn't think it necessary on a used vehicle . I'm a fucktard I know

It's ok man cause they could have still denied the claim based on the bike not being titled to you or registered to you even though they are the ones that insured it Tribal do me a favor bro I am so dam curious find answers for me to the following questions

In the state of CA can you insure a vehicle or a motorcycle that is not registered to you ?
Do they have to run vin numbers to make sure the vehicle is clean before insuring it ?
Do you have to submit proof of ownership before insuring a bike ?

Honrary Chairman [

Last edited by Moeman; 11-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #222
SuuScbr
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Damn bro,

so I sent you some R6s around us,

you pay gas and Ill take my truck, if it cant be ridden back,

damn damn damn!!!!!!!

get the HD light and the exhaust, just make copies of your receipts and take the original and the copy, show copy first,

damn bro!!!!!!

we will get you back riding,

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttp://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
SuuScbr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuuScbr For This Useful Post:
JSchulte (11-06-2012), Moeman (11-06-2012), mttviper (11-07-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #223
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Thanks Chris! Yeah that track R6 looked good just wondering how much a new headlight fixture would cost. Also saw a 06 for 4300 I got about 2300 right now . I could prolly do that in 4 months lol but the bike might be gone. Also tax returns are coming up so yeah haha

Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #224
helghast7
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is it really almost tax time? man the times been flying
07' CBR600RR
89' ex500-fiance's ride
99' accord coupe
78' Zed
helghast7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #225
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

It's really finally sunk in and hit me: my bike is gone there isn't really anything I can do about it. The only thing I had to show for all my hard work is gone. It took me 8 years to get over messing up my ankle on a dirt bike to ever go near a motorcycle. I finally did it in July and took the MSF course. I was proud of myself, I got a bike! I finally had done something I set my mind to. Now it's gone. I truly have nothing else. Which sucks. No car nothing. I feel like quite the failure. :( feeling shitty right now

Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #226
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer

Sorry to hear about this man. I didn't read the whole thread, but do you have the Title to the bike with the matching VIN#'s in your name?

Quote:
The title is in your name , the bike is insured , but the registration and the plate are not in your name if you we're in FL you would get a ticket and the cops would think the bike is stolen due to that registration issue . You drive around with the registration and the insurance card not the title if you know what i mean .I would suggest for you to save yourself the hassle pay the fees and register the bike in your name at such point there cannot be any assumptions that the bike is not yours cause all main documents ( Title , registration , insurance ) hold one name you having two different names on such documents raises flags its that simple
^What Moe said.

This happend to me but with my car before. I had a 94 Honda Accord I bought from the dealership. I financed it and got all the paperwork from the dealer so I'm legit. 6 months later the car is stolen, and when the cops check the registration it was still registered to the previous owner, not me! So the dealership did not do their job.

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
TribalCBR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #227
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
The VIN that is stamped on poorly. Is missing the M in it, so it doesn't even match. The VIN i looked at when i bought the bike is the one on the left of the triple tree. That one MATCHED the Title. However, that VIN is the one coming back as stolen. The fake VIN I don't even believe will run since it is missing a letter in it. Also when I brought it into the CHP office they did a brief run over. The engine didn't have an Engine number, where it should at the center of the swingarm. There was either nothing there or he said " Looks scrubbed" so, I'm fairly positive I have a Stolen FrankenBike. Well, I don't have it anymore. But yeah.
Just read this, very sorry to hear how this turned out.

Where did you buy this bike?

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
TribalCBR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #228
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Craig's list

Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #229
Moeman

Tribal
You accomplished one dream even though it took you E. I. G. H. T years so I have no doubt what so ever that your R6 dream will be conquered the best part is it won't take you E I G H T years again
won't even take you 8 month

Put your mind to it kick the anger off your brain and heart otherwise you are going to dwell in sorrow which won't do you any good get a huge card board and write on it in big letters with a sharpie
"""" Dare to Dream """ and hang that in your room before you know the R6 will be staring you in da face

Life is too dam short man to be sorry for your self keep your head up high you have not failed us at .net one bit and you sure as hell did not fail your self either I mean these words bro remember --------------$ Dare to Dream $------------- and you will conquer

Honrary Chairman [

Last edited by Moeman; 11-06-2012 at 11:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moeman For This Useful Post:
Minx (11-07-2012), TRIBAL05BLACK (11-07-2012), volcom440 (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #230
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Your ******* right moeman even if I'm bike less for 3 months I've already got 2k towards a bike! That's a down payment to a dealership! **** yeah

Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #231
Moeman

Quote:
Your ******* right moeman even if I'm bike less for 3 months I've already got 2k towards a bike! That's a down payment to a dealership! **** yeah

You see what I see and you are helping put a Bitch Ass Thief in Jail

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #232
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Hell yeah he better get busted . Even though I get an R6 I'm still a CBR family member I have a feeling I won't be as close knit to yam fam like I am with you guys

Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #233
ybm
AMA Supersport Racer

There are some nice r6 forums out there I was apart of one when I had my r6
ybm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ybm For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #234
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah but I ain't leaving here lol

Old 11-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #235
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Yeah but I ain't leaving here lol

You better not, if you do, I'mma find you

Keep your head up man, it's a lesson, a hard one to accept, but you are a better person now with this experience. Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rad Rage For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #236
DAMNitzHENRY
Knee Dragger

Quote:
It's ok man cause they could have still denied the claim based on the bike not being titled to you or registered to you even though they are the ones that insured it Tribal do me a favor bro I am so dam curious find answers for me to the following questions

In the state of CA can you insure a vehicle or a motorcycle that is not registered to you ?
Do they have to run vin numbers to make sure the vehicle is clean before insuring it ?
Do you have to submit proof of ownership before insuring a bike ?
I bought my bike near the end of August this year. Didn't get the title officially transferred under my name until the end of September. I got insurance coverage BEFORE I even took the old title to the tag agency to get the title transferred. All I needed was the VIN to be insured, no inspection. The tag agency wouldn't transfer the title over to me until I got insurance.

I called the tag agency after reading about needing to do registration and they said that after I transferred the title and paid excise tax, I'm good. The license plate is now mine. Going to double check this, but thats my experience in Oklahoma
DAMNitzHENRY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAMNitzHENRY For This Useful Post:
Moeman (11-07-2012), TRIBAL05BLACK (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #237
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Damn right I won't leave I won't have any of you out cruising for a fat guy on an R6 lol

Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #238
crashkhanman
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I am thinking out loud here so bare with me what would be the insurance co response if Tribal calls the insurance co and tell them the CHP confiscated his bike because its a stolen bike will they pay up if the bike has full coverage ?
Unfortunately not :\ ...they will place blame on the selling party.
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group #44

'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
crashkhanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #239
Moeman

crash
Of course they won't pay they are such business to make money off premiums and payments and they will fight tooth and nil not to pay for any claims

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #240
attran84
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im sorry :[ Makes me sad reading this thread and scared lol Glad you have a good attitude though! I sure wouldnt be...
attran84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement