** Forum Members Feedback Needed. Time to Chime in. ** : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 11-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
** Forum Members Feedback Needed. Time to Chime in. **

This post is to HELP all the Site Sponsors/Vendors with good feedback from You The Forum Members.

What Drives your Purchase Decisions ?

What's important to you when purchasing from a company ?

Please leave company names off your post.
We don't want it to turn into a " " Joe's Bike Shop is awesome " "Joe's Bike shop sucks "
This Thread is supposed to be helpful for ALL the SiteSponsors/Vendors.by letting us know more about the Forum Members. What influences you to purchase from a company. What's important to you. And what's not.

Here is a Quick List of Key Points that most people consider when making a Purchase.

1) PRICE - Obviously with the current economy this is going to be first on everyone's List.
So Lets just assume, that everyone will put that 1st on their list.

That being said, Take a second and Post up.....in Order of Priority....... OF These Most Common Key Points (Other than #1 Price) , :Which ones come first on your list..

Which ones are important to you.? Top of your List

Which ones are not that important. ? Lower on your list.

We have put them in RANDOM ORDER. But, you can arrange them in whatever priority they are to you.
And of course post comments.

- Answers their phones when they are open ---- (Not saying every company can have a full sales staff and a bunch of dedicated Sales lines, so that you never get voicemail. That is Rare. But, Key point being, MOST of the time when you call, someone answers the phone. Nothing more annoying that Not being able to get someone to answer the phone, no matter what time of the day you call. )

- Replies to your emails in a timely manner ----- (Again, not saying every company can have a dedicated staff to do nothing but reply to emails 24/7. Key point being, MOST of the time when you email them during "NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS" you get a reply within an hour. Not 2 days later, or even worse no reply at all. )

- FREE Shipping ---- (Key Point : FREE SHIPPING)

- Knowledgeable Sales Staff ---- ( Key point : The person taking your order, knows the products, knows the bikes, knows what should fit, and what probably won't. Has 1st hand experience with the products your considering... We have all experienced what it's like to ask someone about a product, and they have no idea what it is, or what it does. All they do is sell it )

- A Real Store with a Physical Address and a phone number ---- ( Key Point :You know they are going to be there for the long haul. Not a "here today, gone tomorrow". There is nothing worse than seeing a PO BOX as the company's Physical address. Or no phone number listed, instead a.. "Email is Preferred method of contact ".

- Tracking numbers sent as soon as your product shipping ---- (Key point : They just email it to you automatically. That way you can track it, and you know when it will be arriving. You don't have to call or email and ask for it. Or worse your told. " You cannot get a tracking number until at least 14 days after your order..? WTF? )

- Repeat Customer Discount or Customer Loyalty Discount ---- (Key Point : In some form or another the company appreciates your continued business and gives you something extra for sticking with them. Either Store Credit, or Extra Discounts...etc.. )

- Order Status Updates ---- (Key point : As soon as you place your order, you are confident it will be processed quickly. Otherwise the company will email and/or call you immediately, to inform you of any delays and let you decide to continue or cancel or change order)

- Informative Website (Key point : Lots of information on the specific products, and Details Photos. Not just a "Here's the part, and here's the price. with a generic photo or no photo at all )

- Fast Shipping ---- (Everyone wants their stuff, Yesterday. Unfortunately, that's impossible. :-) But, you expect it to get to you quickly 2-5 days in most cases.. Not 2-3 weeks later. Unless your notified it's on back order.)

- Tech Support/Customer service that you can call and get Answers ---- (Key point : They don't just take orders. They can give you important information that helps you make an informed decision on what your buying. ie.. (will this fit my bike.? What do I need.?? Will this product work with That product. Are they compatible ? What size Sprockets do I need. How Fat of a Tire can I squeeze on my Rim )

AGAIN, please leave ALL company names off your post.

You're welcome to give past experiences you have had and how it has changed the way you make your decision. That's what we are looking for. Not a Bash fest on anyone or a HYPE Fest on anyone.

HardRacing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Nismo
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Personally, most of these I could go either way on. I have the power of the internet so if there isn't a complete description, I just find my information somewhere else, but there are two things on this list that have completely decided where I buy from.

Free shipping w/ a tracking number. I am usually willing to wait a day or two extra for my package as long as the shipping was free cause site B may have faster shipping for something, but for about 5-15 USD.

My 2 cents from a broke college student. :D
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
X-treme1
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would have to say a knowledgable staff would be number 1. A good sales person that knows their products can save you a lot of money just by knowing all of the options.
Next, I would say, is answering emails or phone calls (I don't feel the two should be separated). All of that knowledge is useless if they don't communicate with the customers!
Something you didn't list that I feel is very important is service after the sale. If there is a problem with my order, damage, or if I just can't figure out how to do it. I won't mention any names, but there is a vendor here that always helps people out with electrical and wiring issues whether they purchased the parts from him or not. That is how you win customer loyalty!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
crash277
Moto GP Racer

im going to use insurance as an example. i pay a few hundred a year more where i am then i would at another place. but they have my business because they treat me awesome. fast replies, they make sure i dont spend my money on things i dont need. (IE changing my truck to recreational use because i drive it less then 10,000km a year).

next example. a guy i met through racing has a local shop. him and his wife are great people to deal with, sometimes you get stuck waiting for something a bit longer then a dealer, but its a price i pay to help out a local guy who sells stuff because he loves bikes and not because he wants to get rich.
crash277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Lower pricing is nice but not a determining factor in which vendor I chose. I know that some brands won't let you go below MSRP like Knox and Pitbull. I think the two keys for me are knowledgeable people and timely responses. I want to talk to people that can guide me on the difference in price on similar products gets me and I also want people that answer questions in a timely manner. It doesn't have to be per emails but it's nice being able to call someone during normal hours and get an answer. Not a we'll call you back or having to leave a message and wait a long time for a return call.

I've dealt with people that promise the lowest prices but it comes at a cost. You pay and you never hear back from them. When you call or email you get the run around. Not until you want a refund do things get resolved. I rather deal with someone that will be upfront with me if there is an issue and turn a potentially bad transaction into a positive one. I won't ask for a vendor to bend over backwards which seems to be what some people think now a days should be done. Just be honest and straightforward.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #6
HighzerOfLife
Modcake with sprinkles

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
My biggest is a person that cares about the customer. They want you to get the best product for you. Not the most expensive one. Yes if that expensive product is the one that's best for me then so be it.

But a company that really cares about answering questions and getting you what you need and not for just a quick buck.

Sent from iPhone motorcycle app.
HighzerOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #7
DAMNitzHENRY
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Free shipping is a definite + to get me to come back and buy more things. If shipping isn't free, make processing as quickly as possible. It really sucks when it takes somebody more than 2 days to ship out something. (this isn't specific to any of the vendors on here, just past shopping experiences).

Doing promotions like free give away makes the community really like the vendor more. I would probably buy from a vendor that has given out free stuff even though it might cost a bit more
DAMNitzHENRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Lower pricing is nice but not a determining factor in which vendor I chose. I know that some brands won't let you go below MSRP like Knox and Pitbull. I think the two keys for me are knowledgeable people and timely responses. I want to talk to people that can guide me on the difference in price on similar products gets me and I also want people that answer questions in a timely manner. It doesn't have to be per emails but it's nice being able to call someone during normal hours and get an answer. Not a we'll call you back or having to leave a message and wait a long time for a return call.

I've dealt with people that promise the lowest prices but it comes at a cost. You pay and you never hear back from them. When you call or email you get the run around. Not until you want a refund do things get resolved. I rather deal with someone that will be upfront with me if there is an issue and turn a potentially bad transaction into a positive one. I won't ask for a vendor to bend over backwards which seems to be what some people think now a days should be done. Just be honest and straightforward.

That's very well thought out and impressive feedback.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
Anx1ous
Knee Dragger

The most important thing to me is customer service. When I call them on the phone I want to talk to a human being. I want somebody who has the knowledge to understand what the customer needs and how to solve problems. Then when the product is decided upon its nice to have an email or some confirmation that they have shipped it and a tracking number to follow. Free shipping is great when offered but does not determine which vendor I go with. I will always go with a vendor who has proven they are dedicated to their customer's satisfaction and will work with each customer individually to help them get what they need. Vendors that are truly committed to helping the sportbike community are who I will use and who I will refer all of my friends to so that they can keep doing good business.
Anx1ous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
SpdFrk
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For me the most important thing is QUALITY, both in product and service. The first thing I consider is the quality of the product. If it gets excellent reviews by other people then I will search for the vendor with the best service. I'm no Bill Gates, but for me price comes after service. I don't mind paying a little extra for better service. Hope that helped.

OEM: Solo Seat Cowl ; CBR1000RR Rear Turn Signal Lenses
Akrapovic: Slip-On
Bazzaz: Z-Bomb
Cox Racing Group:
Radiator Guard
DDM Tuning: HID
Lawst Caws: Frame Plugs
Stompgrip: Frame Traction Pads
StreetSkinns: Custom Seat
TechSpec: Snake Skin Tank Grips ; Tank Pro
Tripage: Smoked REG IT ; 40-LED Pegs ; Knight Rider Third Light ; Brake Flasher ; LED Flasher Relay
Watsen Design: Micro Alloy LED Signals

Future Mods: Tripage LED Mirrors & Ultimate KR
SpdFrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdFrk View Post
For me the most important thing is QUALITY, both in product and service. The first thing I consider is the quality of the product. If it gets excellent reviews by other people then I will search for the vendor with the best service. I'm no Bill Gates, but for me price comes after service. I don't mind paying a little extra for better service. Hope that helped.

Oh yea.

All great feedback.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
TrueViet22
Knee Dragger

Most of important for me besides pricing would be

1. free shipping like $50+ gets free shipping. If a store has free shipping I'm more likely to buy from them again.
2. I think you left this out but return policy is big for me. Since buying stuff online mistakes happen. Sizing etc.
3. Customer responses whether it be by email or phone.
4. Knowledgeable staff is not that big for me since most of the time when I'm looking to by something I know what I want.
TrueViet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
obnoxious2
Pocketbike Racer

1) Organized, fast, easy to use website
2) Price
3) Free shipping!
4) Free returns/exchanges
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Personally price selection I love being able to order 50 things from one spot that 5 thifs here there and here and spend $200 in shipping..

Free shipping always helps even if its over a certain purchase order but if ican get it cheaper I will... Great support and company willing I help riders out.. I'm not one to spoil companies with spending more to keep a good company in business but if tht company is more a brother and has a no questions asked type return or exchange policy or is really hands on and positive in the hobby world and holds great product I'm all for spending that extra $$ especially if you guys throw in a free mag or 2 or a little goodie like a key chain with each order over a certian amount or something

Look up laru tactical or bravo company USA and what they shop with their orders.. Funny entertaining tht little extra thought and makes me look twice when purchasing anything from anywhere always look their first.

Also a well or together full product web site and a local store!!! Always a huge plus I like to kill weekends being productive and touch stuff :)

My YouTube channel.

Support your troops, Not your government.
CK_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement