Icon CF Airframe helmet : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves

Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves Discuss and ask questions about your gear here

Sponsored by SportbikeTrackGear

Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Shadow6OORRider
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Icon CF Airframe helmet

Just got this few days ago but haven't really opened it till today. Is it just me or is this helmet look gigantic compared to other helmets? It's a beautiful helmet but it just seems extra big compared to my previous helmets that i used to wear.
Shadow6OORRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
FightingChance
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What was your previous helmet?

Like most helmets, I believe the Airframe only comes in two shell sizes. If you are on the lower end of a shell size, you will end up with a larger helmet. An unfortunate effect of budgeting.

Higher end helmets have more shell sizes; Shoei and Arai have multiple shells. The new Icon Airmada also has four shells.
FightingChance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
rkoe17
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post

Like most helmets, I believe the Airframe only comes in two shell sizes. If you are on the lower end of a shell size, you will end up with a larger helmet. An unfortunate effect of budgeting.

Higher end helmets have more shell sizes; Shoei and Arai have multiple shells. The new Icon Airmada also has four shells.
Checked out the Airmada before I ordered my Bell Vortex. Even so they have four shell sizes, the Airmada was still larger then my SparX S0-7 in the small size. Was kinda surprised at this because they offered 4 sizes. Maybe SparX just uses a small shell? Didn't get a chance to compare the Airmada to the Bell but the Bell was VERY close to my SparX in shell size so who knows?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Shadow6OORRider
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post

hmm. never even thought about that. Thanks for the info
Shadow6OORRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement