» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Meeting Point > United Kingdom

United Kingdom A place for riders from the UK to set up group rides

Old 11-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
JerseyCBR
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh crud.

Finally got down the little screw i've been looking for, for SO, SO long! Fitted the taillight and air-ducts back into the tail fairing, put it along side the tank just to colour much.

Initial thought; ****, what have they done? (They being the spray shop). I asked them to respray my tail fairing in accordance with the colour code stuck under the passenger seat, R157 - Italian Red

****, my tail fairing now looks like the 08 600RR 'Tiger' Red and not the 03 'Pinky' Red. My nose cone and fairing beneath the throttle (Unsure of it's actual name) are still at the spray shop and have been for about 4 days. At this point in time it's too late to cancel on them as the fairings will more than likely have been prepped and sprayed.

A nose cone and tail fairing different in colour to the tank and mid fairings are going to look very odd and probably very stupid. Any thoughts on what I can do? Not really keen on getting the rest of the panels sprayed up, but it looks like I don't have a choice or put up with the fairings. It is my first 600 (but NOT my first bike might I add - Started on a 50 for a year, spent two years on my RS125 and now moving up to 600RR in late Jan) and i've dropped all my bikes once so far. If I were to lay the 600 down, I wouldn't be too upset if my fairings were sacked since they're not perfect now.

What would you do guys!

Aprilia RS125 2008 (2010 - Present)
Honda CBR600RR 2003 ( August 2012 - Present)
JerseyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 05:06 AM
brmoore
This message has been deleted by Moeman. Reason: Spam and/or unwanted content
Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
JerseyCBR
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
if you asked R157 italian red and it's not r157 italian red its simple get your money back, if you walk into a paint shop and buy red paint and you get blue you don't say oh well lets do it blue do you lol...

though italian red is not just 03, i have oem fairings and my front is also italian red in my sig, thats what italian red is like

what you mean about the screw at the start though? need a part number?
Thing is, i'm not entirely sure if it is R157. The colour code sticker on my CBR says R157 but the colour of my new fairing looks EXACTLY the same as your R157 red.

The rest of the body work on my 600RR is a deeper and more vibrant red, think of flourescent colours, it's that kind of 'stand out' red. I'm clueless about what to do on the whole situation now really.

I'll have to wait for my nose cone and throttle fairing to come back so I can compare them and work out what i'll do. Suprisingly, i'm not too angry, yet. :)

The little screw was for my tail light, the thread was knackered and just kept spinning round. Needed to replace it which took a while to source a part, I had 2 different companies send 2 wrong items that were claimed were the right part.

Found a exploded diagram on this forum (what a suprise) that gave me the actual part number and sourced it from the local Honda dealer. It's called a "Visor screw setting" bit of a weird name as it just holds a bracket in place, but it's all good now!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Bridge_Jumper
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
the colors may not match because your bike is an 03... thats 9 years of time that the paint could have faded from the sun
Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 AM
brmoore
This message has been deleted by Moeman. Reason: Spam and/or unwanted content
Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
mine is r157 italian red
ash2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Bridge_Jumper
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The color that your fairings got painted IS R157 red. The color that your other fairings that did not get painted ARE ALSO R157 red, but have 9 years of fading. If you want them to match you will probably have to take the ones you didnt have painted and get them painted
Old 11-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #6
JerseyCBR
Pocketbike Racer

Cheers for the responses guys, I have some good news....

It turns out the colours are exactly the same. Lol. When I was putting the fairings on the othernight it was about 9:00pm and rather dark out, so I had the garage light on. I know the light wasn't very effective but didn't even think about that playing with the colours of the paintwork. The tail fairing is closer to the light than the tank and mid fairings were as well explaining why one looked darker than the other.

Upon closer insection yesterday under proper daylight, the fairings are indeed exactly the same, apart from small areas where paint has faded over the 9 year life span.

What a relief :D I do look a bit of twat now though don't I..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement