Dainese laguna seca 2 peice : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves

Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves Discuss and ask questions about your gear here

Sponsored by SportbikeTrackGear

Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dainese laguna seca 2 peice

ooooft just got back from dainese, I touched it, wore it, flexed it, i want it

it fits you so much better than my RST, both are supposedly the same size so a good comparison but they're worlds apart, dainese fits so much better and closer, only difference is my RST came with a back protector(knox) free dainese don't but they have alot more pads all over like the shins and thighs etc, tried to get to dainese all week but centre of town right after work i always missed 5pm, then when i finally got there today he laughs when i tell him and says you know we're open till 7pm right LOL...

Dainese: 809
RST Tractech: 360

haha...

but yea he spent alot of time telling me all about his experiences and the types of leather and their distribution, i asked about draken and there's NO stock in italy for them and NONE being made, and there's ONE laguna seca in stock in italy...talk about exclusive!!

one question I have due to the extra padding in the shins, anyone tried wearing dainese leather pants with alpinestars supertech R boots??

he also made a good point, even with white leathers people don't see you, it was one of the reasons i went for white(before i got hit), so really any color will do now, he suggested a high vis vest but i hate them lol, i dont see cars coated in high vis

Last edited by brmoore; 11-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.
brmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Jason@STG
Official Platinum Sponsor

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
one question I have due to the extra padding in the shins, anyone tried wearing dainese leather pants with alpinestars supertech R boots??
I wouldn't expect any issues with them, almost all suits have knee and shin padding in them and nobody really has problems with those boots. Actually, the Supertech-R have some of the most room in the top of the boot.
Jason@STG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
SilentSun
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Kewl! what's the difference between the Dainese Laguna and the Dainese Avro?

Wanted a Aspide until I saw the price... for 1.5k I rather a one piece...

Post pics if you get it :P
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Jason@STG
Official Platinum Sponsor

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just different models for the most part. some small changes but the idea is the same. Just like anything there's cheaper and more expensive models.
Jason@STG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason@STG For This Useful Post:
SilentSun (11-08-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@STG View Post
I wouldn't expect any issues with them, almost all suits have knee and shin padding in them and nobody really has problems with those boots. Actually, the Supertech-R have some of the most room in the top of the boot.
knee yes, but the dainese is the first one i've ever seen with shin padding and the rep advised it isn't a usual thing, he made a point checking my rst boots would fit as he was worried BUT if the supertech r has more room than usual to allow for it, no problem

i could buy the suit now...but im trying to pay off bills like insurance etc to bring monthly outgoings down, and ive had a complaint over a month now JUST to PAY my insurance company MORE...you'd think that'd be simple...also the other half of my money i want an arata slipon haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSun View Post

Wanted a Aspide until I saw the price... for 1.5k I rather a one piece...

Post pics if you get it :P
The rep spent about an hour explaining this to me, the laguna is a better suit, made of better leathers, made with more vents etc for sunny or...not so sunny weather, better movement, just all around the laguna is worth the extra money, i like the draken 2 peice dainese leathers color wise their red/white/black one is how i'd want it, but the laguna being so much better i'd rather have that, only like 50 difference in those 2, both have titanium sliders on the shoulders though which will save your bone as leather will grip on impact before sliding, titanium doesnt.

M6 is more of a touring model, but the rest are so close together, why not go for the better d-skin, easier moving, ventable laguna? they're running low on stock this end of the year though, he checked direct with italy for me so if you go direct to a dainese store prepare to be dissapointed untill jan/feb, there's no draken suits forcast to be in stock or even made at all in the next 6months in italy...

http://www.dainese.com/uk_en/motorbi...at=9&subcat=11

i have no idea the difference between the laguna and laguna estiva one...same price too

I was wondering about this one but its alot of white that could get dirty:

and black:

Last edited by brmoore; 11-09-2012 at 07:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brmoore For This Useful Post:
SilentSun (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Oh god, just found out they've done a 2013 suit called Aerster, but it's , this is pretty much how i want it color wise...damnit!!!:

also remember fluo means flourescent....so fluo red is more like orange etc...

also for the new aero evo:

My money is seriously gone for 2013....

Last edited by brmoore; 11-09-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
AbnInf
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSun View Post
The Laguna has the 3D bubble liner and some perforation. The Avro doesn't. I have the Avro. Great suit, only thing I don't like is it has only one small inside pocket which kind of sucks for street rides. Thinking of seeing of I can find some Korean sew shop that can put another pocket in there.

AbnInf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey, I have a pair of Supertechs and my Trickster suit has shin guards. I should note that my Supertechs just fit on without anything inside and at most I could stuff a pair of pants made of thin material in them so I have to wear the pants over them. It's no worry because the second zipper on the leg allows this. However, Dainese boots (not sure if all) come with a nice velcro bit that attaches to the leg so you have even more sticking power in case of friction against the leg from the road or whatever, while the A*s don't (mine anyway). I don't really see how many people could get the shin guard into the boots, but maybe I'm just overbuilt there - I played soccer and ice hockey while I was younger and run/do karate now so maybe my legs are bigger than normal, but I don't work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement