She's come a long way in three weeks... =P : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > RR / Other Brands Bike Build

RR / Other Brands Bike Build This forum will be dedicated to RR build threads you are also entitled to post threads for other bike brands here are .net we love them all

Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wink She's come a long way in three weeks... =P

Been busy this past month, sold my green '09 & finally got my white '07 project bike almost stock 10/5 with ASV shortie levers, Akrapovic CF rear hugger & heat shield cover, and the deal maker/key piece you can't seem to buy anymore & I've been searching for... Watsen Designs Flushmounts with running lights! LOL the hardest part to find & I've been searching for, WooHoo!

Homecoming pic:

Humble beginnings, aka the BEFORE pic:

Since then, been busy with mostly aesthetic mods along w/ Akra bits & CF trim. It's been rainy in Seattle/Pacific NW, so bike's been on the stands being upgraded as parts arrive. Started with black reflective shadow wings (black in daylight, reflective silver at night), adds a sharper edge to the graphics & improved visibility at night. Then, custom reflective red rim tape & custom reflective rim logos similar to Sincali's, but using red RRs. Reapplied the OEM CBR Racing midfairing decals (previous owner debadged) to tie in the red highlights. Tripage treatment w/ IT, fender eliminator/plate illuminated bracket, LED relay, powdercoated passenger pegs. Mounted Bridgestone S20s from Motomummy.

Credit to Shadoh for the custom seat design (via Luimoto), added the red RR to to tie-in red highlights. Puig smoked DB. Added the $$s but ohh so sexy looking & sounding Akrapovic exhaust. Carbon fiber front fender, and tank lower panels. Techspec C3 tank grips. Driven Limited Ed. White D3 grips, and black custom bar ends w/ silver RRs.

Then added CBRKP & Armon's amazing S2K clear lens dual projectors, along with my PIAA 6000K D2S bulbs from my last Audi S4.

Pic from today w/ the last CF bits installed.

Props to Brian/MOTY Design for turning my custom gauge LED mod in a day, no more ugly amber display!

New Akra & Tripage IT cuz they're so SEXY!

I think I'm done modding for this month. Got my eye on a Power Commander next (PC III or PCV... hmmm?) but my wallet's pretty empty. ; ) Safe riding & happy modding... Cheers!
'07 600RR Pearl White - Akra SO - Akra CF hugger & heatshield, CF front fender, tank panels - S2K dual proj HIDs w/ PIAA 6000K D2S - ASV levers - Galfer F/R wave rotors/pads - Spiegler SS lines - MOTY gauge LEDs - Puig DB - Watsen flush mounts - Tripage IT & FE/LED bracket, flasher relay - TechSpec C3 tank grips - Black PC pegs - Reflective shadow wing graphics - custom reflective rim tape - Luimoto F/R custom seats - Driven Ltd Ed White D3 grips - Rizoma Prototype Mirrors - Res socks - S20s
MadDawgRR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MadDawgRR For This Useful Post:
tripage (04-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

Me likes
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fly_Killer For This Useful Post:
MadDawgRR (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
Dynamic
AMA Supersport Racer

Looking good.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Knxw1edgeRR
Training Wheel Hero

Very nice!
Knxw1edgeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
PattyK
Pocketbike Racer

Ooooh she's purtty lookin!
PattyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks, it's been many long nights after work... but I love the transformation. I've always loved the white & wanted to do a subtle carbon fiber treatment... This forum's both a blessing and a curse (wallet wise... LOL).

The kids have helped me with extra hands & occasional wrenching, actually my oldest daughter helped alot with the detail graphics application, so it's also been fun family time & a sense of accomplishment for all of us.
'07 600RR Pearl White - Akra SO - Akra CF hugger & heatshield, CF front fender, tank panels - S2K dual proj HIDs w/ PIAA 6000K D2S - ASV levers - Galfer F/R wave rotors/pads - Spiegler SS lines - MOTY gauge LEDs - Puig DB - Watsen flush mounts - Tripage IT & FE/LED bracket, flasher relay - TechSpec C3 tank grips - Black PC pegs - Reflective shadow wing graphics - custom reflective rim tape - Luimoto F/R custom seats - Driven Ltd Ed White D3 grips - Rizoma Prototype Mirrors - Res socks - S20s
Old 10-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
redlinernyc
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
looking good sir. Love the headlights and graphics. Not a fan of the seats, but to each his own. So you came from an 09...how's the 07 compare (ya know, since the 09+ was detuned)? You got to change your username now :)

I picked up a white 07 recently too...have been doing minor mods for the time being though.

Black 2006 600rr l SOLD Dec 2010
07 600rr - sold Aug 2011
07 white/silver 600rr - sold
Current: 2013 1000rr
redlinernyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinernyc View Post
looking good sir. Love the headlights and graphics. Not a fan of the seats, but to each his own. So you came from an 09...how's the 07 compare (ya know, since the 09+ was detuned)? You got to change your username now :)

I picked up a white 07 recently too...have been doing minor mods for the time being though.
Thx for the feedback, I personally love the seats, transforms the look of the bike, ties together the black shadow wings/silver & even the red highlights, and rear passenger seat looks similar to the solo cowl.

Haven't had a lot of seat time given the rainy weather recently, but I certainly prefer the bodywork/fairings on the '07-08 over the '09-12s... Much easier to get the bodywork off for working on the bike too. Feels pretty much the same from the time I've had on it, haven't noticed much from the 'butt dyno' in terms of power difference though it's known to have a bit more power over the '09-12s. Hard to tell, but I'm sure it will be much more noticeable once I eventually get a PCIII or PCV...

Yeah, & I'm not sure how or even IF I can change my username, oh well...

Cheers!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
hawj
Training Wheel Hero

instant boner ...
hawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #10
Pennywisdomj
AMA Supersport Racer

love the white, my 09 was originally black but went with the same 07-08 plastics you have. Time to get that thing a little dirty!

06 CBR600F4I
09 CBR600RR
01 750 Shadow
Pennywisdomj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

Exactly what i had in mind for my gauges. I've seen lots of good color combos but this one really looks clean and easy on the eye. Does he still do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRReenEnvy View Post
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #12
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Killer View Post
Exactly what i had in mind for my gauges. I've seen lots of good color combos but this one really looks clean and easy on the eye. Does he still do it?
Thanks, looks sick in person, got rid of the boring amber everything, & the new blue displays with hyper-white tach, red needle really pops, especially with the white fairings contrast. Yep Brian aka Browning Buck has started doing the gauge mods again, tends to do them in the off season I think. I just got it back this week, literally sent it out last Saturday, had it back by Thurs. Excellent communication/response & incredible turn around. Best quality/looking gauge LEDs I've seen in researching them, plus he can also do the Acumen integrated gear indicator in the gauges, totally OEM looking & sick. Also has the blackout option (inverted illumination), various color options, turn signals, etc. Wish I had the funds available. Look up MOTY Design.... he's a site sponsor too I believe, user Browning Buck.

http://www.motydesign.com

Thanks again Brian for the awesome customer service & quality, customer for life!

Check out the MOTY Design gauges gallery pictures for ideas. Cheers!

Last edited by MadDawgRR; 10-27-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Fly_Killer (10-27-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #13
SilentSun
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bike is yum! You have done great for just one month worth of modding!

Also, that gauge is nice. I'm thinking of getting one myself but will most likely also include the gear shifter.

Last edited by SilentSun; 10-27-2012 at 03:55 AM.
SilentSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
EvilMrB
Knee Dragger

So... I'm pretty jelly of your headlights.
Marchesini Al, Leo Vince 8493, BMC, Z-Fi, Gilles vcr38gt, Samco, MPro Revolver, Ballistik 8cell, Amsoil, SuperSprox, RK GXW 520, ASV C5, Fren Tubo, Akra tank panels, TST IT, Proton, Gcraft res, PSR plates, Renthal grips, OEM Seat Cowl & CF stickers, Woodcraft Sliders & Spools, Sato Front Axle Sliders, Ariete Stems
EvilMrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #15
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,542 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
Brilliant job so far let me know if you do not like the name change & if you prefer something else just pm me

Honrary Chairman

Last edited by Moeman; 10-27-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMrB View Post
So... I'm pretty jelly of your headlights.
Thanks, I drooled over them when they came available... they light up the night for sure, cutoff & illumination is unbelievable, and really love that I don't have to deal with all the single light out comments anymore.

And I'm super-jealous of your wheels, Baller, wish I could afford them or find a deal on some! mmmmm... Marchesinis.... drool!

Last edited by MadDawgRR; 10-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Brilliant job so far let me know if you do not like the name change & if you prefer something else just pm me
Thanks Moeman, you rock! New username works great, happy surprise to find the new username this am LOL! BTW, got inspiration from your Miss O'Seven for much of the carbon fiber treatment, that was a sick bike all around, and definitely worthy BOTY. Thanks to all on the forum for the readily available info, install help, instructions etc.

Cheers!

Mike
Moeman (10-27-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #18
ybm
AMA Supersport Racer

like that rear seat
ybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybm View Post
like that rear seat
Thanks, the Luimoto custom rear seat looks really clean, has similar lines to the OEM Solo cowl, and keeps the option for the occasional two-up. Has carbon fiber look, with silver & black trim on white which matches the stock silver wings, and the black shadow graphics I added. Passenger seat is the standard available called Tribal Blade, but full custom rider seat.

Closeup of std passenger seat w/ CF trim courtesy of Shadoh:

Patrick Luimoto was awesome to work with, and top quality as you may have heard. He turned the seatcovers in about a week even with the custom design I requested.

http://www.luimoto.com/?s=22

Custom seats really make the bike standout from the other whites out there, plus I used a thicker/denser foam for the passenger since the stock passenger is pitifully thin/uncomfortable. Also added about custom 3/8 foam to the rider seat shaped appropriately to fill the new seatcovers in. My butt is happy now.

Last edited by MadDawgRR; 10-27-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Pic added
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #20
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,542 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
Mike
It's my pleasure mate and thank you so much for the Miss O'Seven props I am so honored to be an inspiration for others like others have inspired me before hand . I wish Honda would look at our RR builds for new ideas and inspirations I bet if they did they would sell more bikes for sure

Honrary Chairman
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #21
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i see a BOTM !!! loving the bike,color, and that SEAT!! damnnnyummm

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nuttynu For This Useful Post:
MadDawgRR (10-27-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
Slickrick600
I LOVE MY BIKE

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nice build man i love this design for honda. this style 07+ so sexy .
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=287064
^My Build/Upgrade Thread^
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/markstewin
^My Facebook^ Live in or Near Windsor Ont. Add me. lets ride.
Slickrick600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickrick600 For This Useful Post:
MadDawgRR (11-04-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
Baltimoron
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The carbon fiber flows really well with those greys and silvers.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
SHAdoh
BOTM Winner 09/13

NOICE!!!

Pearl White Bikes FTW!!!!...lol

My toys...

~ 2013 Honda Fit Sport
~ 2009 Zuma155cc
~ 2007 CBR600RR

SHAdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM
brmoore
This message has been deleted by Moeman. Reason: Spam and/or unwanted content
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
crash277
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what did you use to uplaod the pics? work has apparently blocked whatever host you udes.
crash277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #26
MadDawgRR
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAdoh View Post
NOICE!!!

Pearl White Bikes FTW!!!!...lol
Thanks Shadoh... your own sick build is definitely where I got much of the design cues from... Cheers!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #27
AleksV
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
oh that looks good. only thing that is a bit of an eye sore now is the rear sets. get some black after market ones, and you have your self a sexy bike
AleksV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lookin good.

HardRacing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #29
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
very nice! Like what you did in a short period of time

Akrapovic Evolution Full Titanium Exhaust
Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo M4 108mm Monoblock Calipers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
OH81KRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #30
motomummy
Vendor

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looks great. How are you liking the Bridgestone S20's?

Check us out on Facebook too.
motomummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement