Freak accident, Neck clotheslined by falling cable (bare cable) - Page 5 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > Crash Boom Bang

Crash Boom Bang Had a get off? Drop your bike? Had your girlfriend kick your bike over? Tell your story here.

Sponsored by:
Superbikefairings.com High Quality Fairings, Free Shipping, Exceptional Customer Service

Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #121
RedisFaster
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13bRotary View Post
Thought I'd post an update,

I decided I wanted to fly for a living, so 2 or 3 weeks ago I took out a big fat Sallie Mae loan. I'm relocating to Daytona Beach in two weeks to attend flight school there. I've already got a number of flight hours, I love flying, so I'd like to instruct (as a start). Looking forward to the air and sunshine, should be fun.

I wish you the best of luck but be prepared because the industry isnt what it used to be. A close friend of mine flew for American for almost 10 years and now flies for Jet Blue. They worked him like a dog and he always commented on how he made less money than an NYC bus driver and the benefits are way worse. He started as a flight instructor, then a first officer for american, then captain, now first officer for Jet Blue.
He's much happier at Jet Blue but the hours are still pretty crazy.
I think the industry takes advantage of the fact that people choose to be pilots because they love to fly.
Sorry, Not trying to piss on your parade...
RedisFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #122
13bRotary
AMA Supersport Racer

I'd like to fly skydivers, or tow banners.

I long ago accepted the fact that I'm never going to earn any sort of appreciable amount of money in my life.
13bRotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #123
jirish617
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13bRotary View Post
I'd like to fly skydivers, or tow banners.

I long ago accepted the fact that I'm never going to earn any sort of appreciable amount of money in my life.
Honestly that's why I stopped pursuing being a pilot as a career. I got my private pilots, started working on my IFR cert and realized too much money to be spent with not enough reward. The requirement of hours to even be a pilot for an airline is just about ridiculous these days. It would take years and stupid amounts of money to even get close to that. Plus starting pay is less than mediocre at best. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

'03 600rr
Tripage IT
Tripage LED Pass. Pegs
Puig Double Bubble
Yoshi RS5(carbon)
Genuine Honda Solo Cowl
Proton Flushmounts
Go Cruise Throttle Control

WTB '03-'05 BLACK rear cowl
WTB '03-'05 right-side rearset
WTB '03-'05 OEM Bar End
jirish617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #124
13bRotary
AMA Supersport Racer

It's been over a month so I want to update. I'm loving flight school, and living in Florida. Got my solo flight endorsement yesterday, and flew solo for the first time today. Very fun and exciting to fly an aircraft solo. It was really a surreal feeling for me being alone in the aircraft for the first time, I'll never forget that feeling. I was thinking like "Wow it's just me up here, no instructor co-pilot to assist this time, no one to fly and land the aircraft except me." Made 3 touch-and-go's and 6 full stop landings for practice. Can't wait for Monday to get here so I can do more flying.

I would like to fly crop dusters once I'm commercial rated, to help build some hours and such. I grew up on a farm, and I love the mid-west, I think it would be a great experience.

Last edited by 13bRotary; 11-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.
13bRotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #125
volcom440
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Congrats bro flight school sounds awesome. I would love to do it someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #126
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

I always wanted to be a pilot too but never taken that chance. Best of luck man!!!
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement