How you got into the hobby ? - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #31
HighzerOfLife
Modcake with sprinkles

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
always wanted a bike since i was little. finally once i turned 18 went and got my license but didnt plan on getting a bike, (didnt have any money). Right around that same time my brother-in-law and my sister were having a kid and he wasnt riding his bike anymore (sv650s) at the time. So he let me borrow it. I ended up keeping it for a year. Then finally when he sold it i figured it was time to save up and by a bike myself so I ended up with the rr i have.
HighzerOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #32
MrNewEngland
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've always wanted a bike my entire life. When I was younger I couldn't get one because my parents are against them to the point of being insane. Even when I was 18+ I lived with them for a while and they said if I got one I couldn't stay there.

In college I was too poor and after college I bought a condo I really shouldn't have been able to afford. A couple years later I could afford it (finally) but I started getting serious with a girl who's terrified of them. We ended up getting serious (to the point that we almost got married) and she convinced me not to. I saved up a quite a bit of money for an engagement ring and... then we broke up.

After about a year of self-destructing and being a douchebag I still had money left from the ring fund and realized I should buy the bike I always wanted. Six months later and I am as convinced as ever that it's the greatest purchase of my life.

I still sometimes wonder what would've happened if I spent the money on what it was originally intended for.

2>4
MrNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #33
sumone
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
well as every young boy growing up I road my mountain bike every place I went. finally in middle school my friend down the street got a moped. I wanted one so bad. At first it was just because I could drive earlier (14 in stead of 16 for cars) but then it turned into an obsession. A moped turned into a 250 and a 250 soon turned into a 600rr... I asked my parents every year from the time i was 14 to 20 if i could get one. They were dead set against it, going as far to say they would kick me out, cut me off and disown me if I were to buy one. Finally they broke down and said I could buy one after I turned 21 if I paid for every thing, took the msf course and always wore a safety gear. Well a week before my 21'st birthday I was a proud owner of a 98 rebbel! after a summer of riding i took the MSF course and bought my 600rr. The rest is history

(V) (,,,,) (V)

t(-.- t) [-]

c><----- Save the TA-TA's----------c><
sumone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #34
Snowflake
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I rode on the back of my uncle's bike on his farm when I was 8...I thought that was the shiznit. Also my best friend's dad watched british bike racing on tv and I was always sneaking a look. I have been watching GP for about 12 years consistently and many other classes over that time, going to see races live.

When I was in high school some guy had a Kawi and I was thinking wow what a freaking hot bike.....I drooled over it daily and my girlfriends were like what who cares its just a bike? I have always loved cars and bikes. When I was 18 I rode on the back of a friend's Harley...but it was too noisy and I was still dreaming about how I would look on that Kawi.

So finally got my act together, working, house, etc and decided it was time to get my license. Was tired of being the beyotch on the back. I think next year is my 10th year riding and I have been obsessed since day one.

VR46 by my whore Sinny! Love you.

http://www.facebook.com/VR46LVR
RIP PHATSTUD...GODSPEED
Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #35
SuperBrute
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I grew up always liking cars (big Subaru fan, my first car is going to be a WRX STI) motorcycles, and when I was 15 my dad bought one from a co-worker of his. (my dad had a motorcycle from the time he was 18-23, and then never again until the one mentioned above)

He brought home a 1971 BMW R75/5. It needed pretty much every rubber piece replaced, so I helped him do all that and it took about 3 weeks. A year later I convinced my dad to buy a 1972 BMW R90/5 as a fix up project. The bike had rust all over the back half it because the previous owner had the battery explode while he was riding it. We took the whole back half of the bike apart (BMW's are incredibly well built by the way. It was amazing how straight forward they are to take apart and put back together..). We replaced some stuff, bought some items new and some used from ebay. Then we painted everything ourselves and put it back together. I ended up doing most of the work since he was forced to stay late at work quite often. But none the less it was a great father son experience.

skip forward two years, I had just turned 18 and so I wanted to take the MSF course. I printed out all the paper work, wrote a check, put it all in an envelope and gave it to my mom for her to send to the DMV so I would get registered. She asked me what it was and I told her it was the paperwork so I could take the motorcycle course.. She took the envelope and ripped it in half right before my eyes. (my dad didn't take a side in this battle lol)

skip ahead another 2 years. I'm 20 years old in college (this was last march). I'm in PA and my parents are in CT. I'm a PA resident so I sign up for the Motorcycle safety course since there is no way my parents can say anything about it. I got my license and then asked my parents if I could buy a bike.. They said no and threatened to cut me off... I bought an 05 600rr anyway (it was kinda junkie, ended up crashing and rebuilding.. Check my Sig, for the build thread) and they have no idea.. All the paperwork and insurance is in my name, in PA. Nothing is connected to them or to CT so they are clueless.. I might tell them after I graduate lol... We'll see what happens..

I love my bike, love riding, and hope to do it for the rest of my life

Last edited by SuperBrute; 11-16-2011 at 07:48 PM.
SuperBrute is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperBrute For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (11-11-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #36
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

For the pocket bikerrrrr

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #37
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Exclamation

Quote:

4th bike: the awesome' Lucky 7 " one of the best built PB'

Happy Riding everyone.
Omg omg !!!!! I just found my baby back on my local Craigslist !!!! I'm buying her back !!!!

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #38
Scooter71
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My godfather (rest his soul) use to take me out on his crusier when I was young. Knew then, when I was about 13 got my first Honda moped, then a year or so later upgraded to a larger scoorter Honda Elite. After that the car, graduated HS went away to collage, came home and baught my first street bike a 95 Kawi Ninja 250. Then it was a few years later picked up a Katana, got rid of that to buy a house, and 2010 got me a Honda PCX to tool around the neighborhood but the urge took over and in 2011 picked up my recent 600RR.
Here's my first street bike it's a picture of a picture so it's a little blurry.

Two Brothers Slip on
Dynojet Power Commander 5
Clear LED Rear Tail Light w/Intergrated signals
Watsen Design Front Flush Mounts
Back Off tail light mod, Custom Tag Braket
K&N Air Filter
Ride It Moto Shorty Lever's
Pro Grip Carbon Fiber Tank Gaurd
600RR.net Reservoir Sock Front and Rear
"RR" Bar Ends, Pro-Bolt Spools
Techspec SnakeSkin Traction Pads

Last edited by Scooter71; 02-15-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Scooter71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement