The new 2013 cbr600rr..... Is awful looking!! - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Media > Pictures & Video/Sound Clips

Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #61
EvilMrB
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's going on with the tail light? are those blinkers or an IT?
Marchesini Al, Leo Vince 8493, BMC, Z-Fi, Gilles vcr38gt, Samco, MPro Revolver, Ballistik 8cell, Amsoil, SuperSprox, RK GXW 520, ASV C5, Fren Tubo, Akra tank panels, TST IT, Proton, Gcraft res, PSR plates, Renthal grips, OEM Seat Cowl & CF stickers, Woodcraft Sliders & Spools, Sato Front Axle Sliders, Ariete Stems
EvilMrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #62
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMrB View Post
What's going on with the tail light? are those blinkers or an IT?
Signals are on the fender like always but the taillight is back in the tail like the 03-06.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #63
mttviper
Training Wheel Hero

I personally like the headlights (seems most don't) and the new wheels. Still want a factory or r1 more though. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
mttviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #64
Soska
Training Wheel Hero

The design has already grown on me. It did look a bit odd a first. But I've been spending the better part of the day checking out photos and it's really starting to grow on me.
Soska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #65
FlipDiver79
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
First set of numbers 2013-Compared to 2012

Handling should be the same. Fork travel is still TBD but same 41mm. I hope it handles well at a track shootout.

Quote:
Rake 23.5 degrees (Caster Angle) 23.5 degrees (Caster Angle)
Trail 97.7mm (3.9 inches) 97.7mm (3.9 inches)
Wheelbase 53.9 inches 53.9 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches 32.3 inches
Curb Weight 410 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride) 410 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Miles Per Gallon TBD* 40 MPG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
FlipDiver79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #66
scotts06rr
Knee Dragger

Looks like it got punched in the face.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
scotts06rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #67
cknox
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not a big fan id take a 2012 red and white model any day. Especially since its projected to be priced much higher.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

mods-
Pro Grip tank pad/gas cap cover/rim stripes/719's
oem rear seat cowl
proton flush mount signals
OES frame sliders
AVS C5 levers
Ram cell phone mount
HotBodies dark smoke double bubble windscreen

future mods-
FE
IT
exhaust
cknox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #68
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,100 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Love the red one, seriously.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
TheX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #69
Neptune
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Every time I look it looks better! I like how they brought back some 03-06 styling with the mids...at least that's how I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Seagreen (02-22-2013)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #70
1/4milecrazy
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love how every year everybody complains about the same old bike, but when it is finally redesigned nobody likes it.

Funny because it is/was the same thing on the GSX-R forums, the Corvette forums, the S-10 forums, the Camaro forums and the Mustang forums.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #71
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer

^QFT

If you think about it the only downside to the new RR is the front fairing. Everything else looks pretty good to me.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
TribalCBR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #72
X-treme1
AMA Supersport Racer

I like the headlights. They gave it a brow; makes it look a little meaner. And I always did like the older tail section with the vents. Of coarse the new forks and rims are awesome. The only thing I wish they would have left is the '09 and up lower engine farings. I prefer the full cowl look.

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #73
Hsunami
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ugly.....i still love my 08....LOL my baby is sexy
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #74
MachRider
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-treme1 View Post
I like the headlights. They gave it a brow; makes it look a little meaner. And I always did like the older tail section with the vents. Of coarse the new forks and rims are awesome. The only thing I wish they would have left is the '09 and up lower engine farings. I prefer the full cowl look.

It's a Neanderthal brow in my opinion :|
Bright Headlights
Handlebar Grips
Completely Bone Stock Fuel Tank
Tuned by Valentino Rossi
MachRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #75
Armonster
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Funny because it is/was the same thing on the GSX-R forums, the Corvette forums, the S-10 forums, the Camaro forums and the Mustang forums.
This is an interesting phenomenon with vehicles that people really love. Same thing happened on the Z forums.

On the performance side of things, I'll admit I do wish they had gone a bit further (e.g. slipper clutch, upgraded master cylinder), but at the same time the 600rr is still a hell of a bike for the price. This weekend I actually heard a story about a guy (some amateur racer or something) that jumped on a bone stock 600rr, street tires and everything, and ran within 10-12 seconds of the lap record at some track around here. There are not many people out there who can use this bike to it's full potential. I certainly can't.

The other thing is, it's clear Honda has a slightly different strategy for it's mass-market sportbikes over the past few years. Let's remember, they ARE trying to run a business here. But their strategy is no secret: they are trying to sell the "most balanced" sportbike out there. Kawasaki has gone a different direction - big hp, nice gadgetry, slipper clutch. The difference is, Honda is targeting street riders and giving them what they actually NEED on the street (smooth mid-range torque, ABS, and now hopefully better feel through the forks), whether they know it or not. The result of this is a slightly more mature/reasonable crowd compared to some of the "squiddier" bikes (it's not the bikes that are squiddly, mind you, just a slightly different balance of riders). These are obviously generalizations, but I think there is some statistical truth there too, not to mention noticeable differences between forums.

On the other hand, the street riders targeted by Kawi are the ones who THINK they need all the track goodies to go faster than their buddies around town and will probably never do a track day in their lives. And it looks like Kawi has set themselves up nicely for this corner of the supersport market. And of course, they are also set up nicely for the track-junkie corner of the market, but how many track junkies are out there buying brand new 600s?

Honda seems to have been working on a nice little niche for its supersports--track-ready but streetable--and they are hoping to ride that reputation with this new model (and the 2012 1000rr for that matter). Just go take a look at the website and read their little marketing blurb.

So, all of this puts the aesthetics into perspective. Call me crazy, but the new look fits the reputation quite well. The front end is clean, less aggressive, less angular, might even say sophisticated. The undertail exhaust is still attractive and is now somewhat unique and becoming more of a "classic" 600rr feature. I'd still like a black swingarm but they'll probably pull out that little trick next year.

I can see this bike becoming a real sweetheart over the next few years, and the next redesign will have people vowing never to relinquish their beloved 2013s. Just wait!

/2cents

Last edited by Armonster; 11-12-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Armonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armonster For This Useful Post:
Seagreen (02-22-2013), Soska (11-13-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #76
-Rizzo-
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forget It

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
at least the rims are cool

2003 600RR, 14 Subaru WRX & 95 Civic CX Hatch
(
East Lansing, MI)

September 2012 BOTM

My Build
UPDATE: P. 42 (ALL MODS INSTALLED)
-Rizzo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #77
MachRider
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armonster View Post
This is an interesting phenomenon with vehicles that people really love. Same thing happened on the Z forums.

On the performance side of things, I'll admit I do wish they had gone a bit further (e.g. slipper clutch, upgraded master cylinder), but at the same time the 600rr is still a hell of a bike for the price. This weekend I actually heard a story about a guy (some amateur racer or something) that jumped on a bone stock 600rr, street tires and everything, and ran within 10-12 seconds of the lap record at some track around here. There are not many people out there who can use this bike to it's full potential. I certainly can't.

The other thing is, it's clear Honda has a slightly different strategy for it's mass-market sportbikes over the past few years. Let's remember, they ARE trying to run a business here. But their strategy is no secret: they are trying to sell the "most balanced" sportbike out there. Kawasaki has gone a different direction - big hp, nice gadgetry, slipper clutch. The difference is, Honda is targeting street riders and giving them what they actually NEED on the street (smooth mid-range torque, ABS, and now hopefully better feel through the forks), whether they know it or not. The result of this is a slightly more mature/reasonable crowd compared to some of the "squiddier" bikes (it's not the bikes that are squiddly, mind you, just a slightly different balance of riders). These are obviously generalizations, but I think there is some statistical truth there too, not to mention noticeable differences between forums.

On the other hand, the street riders targeted by Kawi are the ones who THINK they need all the track goodies to go faster than their buddies around town and will probably never do a track day in their lives. And it looks like Kawi has set themselves up nicely for this corner of the supersport market. And of course, they are also set up nicely for the track-junkie corner of the market, but how many track junkies are out there buying brand new 600s?

Honda seems to have been working on a nice little niche for its supersports--track-ready but streetable--and they are hoping to ride that reputation with this new model (and the 2012 1000rr for that matter). Just go take a look at the website and read their little marketing blurb.

So, all of this puts the aesthetics into perspective. Call me crazy, but the new look fits the reputation quite well. The front end is clean, less aggressive, less angular, might even say sophisticated. The undertail exhaust is still attractive and is now somewhat unique and becoming more of a "classic" 600rr feature. I'd still like a black swingarm but they'll probably pull out that little trick next year.

I can see this bike becoming a real sweetheart over the next few years, and the next redesign will have people vowing never to relinquish their beloved 2013s. Just wait!

/2cents
Stock 09 600RR with Q2's and I do 14 seconds off the AMA Supersport pace at Infineon. Honestly that kind of pace isn't anything to scream about. I'm a decent rider, but nothing amazing.

But I'll agree. I have been riding my RC51 and once I jump on my CBR, I can't believe how amazingly fast and easy it is to ride. The new RR adds some but I hope we get a real new one soon. I wish it had a slipper clutch and at least a few new bits of tech.

I'll agree with everything else though. I'm fortune enough to have ridden almost every other 600cc in the last decade and I can honestly say the CBR is of the highest quality. There is no better streetbike in the class.
Bright Headlights
Handlebar Grips
Completely Bone Stock Fuel Tank
Tuned by Valentino Rossi

Last edited by MachRider; 11-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.
MachRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #78
adamcbr4lyfe
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

X I don't get you, your quick to remind everyone how average the cbr is all the time, then after modest updates your defending the bike. And that red is so plain, the fact that you have to say seriously makes me think you know it's a bad color scheme.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adamcbr4lyfe For This Useful Post:
scotts06rr (11-13-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #79
X-treme1
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
It's a Neanderthal brow in my opinion :|
Well, I said meaner looking. Tell me you wouldn't be intimidated if you met up with a Neanderthal in a dark alley!

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #80
JWRusk
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
If you had been here in '06 when we got the first pics of the '07 (you can search and see the posts) people were horrified. Some thought it looked like an R6, others said it was butt ugly. 95% of people said they were done with the RR.

People came around and realized it was a BETTER bike and the looks grew on us. Not a judgement on the new bike, just a reflection on past events. And yes, history does repeat itself.

I happen to really like it. And now you get a 600RR Repsol edition.

quite humorous on all the hate haha.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58478
My Build threads:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=268061
JWRusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #81
1/4milecrazy
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
X I don't get you, your quick to remind everyone how average the cbr is all the time, then after modest updates your defending the bike. And that red is so plain, the fact that you have to say seriously makes me think you know it's a bad color scheme.
What's not to get?

He loves the new bike in red. He didnt say it was a great bike. He didnt say it was ground breaking. He didnt say it was a technological breakthrough.

The bike is an average bike. It doesnt do any one thing exceptional, but it does all things very well.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #82
mhansen146
Training Wheel Hero

The '13 in red looks amazing!

Im so happy Honda is staying conservative while all the other manufactures attempt to make there bikes as busy looking as possible. Not into the new 636 styling at all though im sure the motor is fun. I'm to much a Honda guy now though. Like Macs are to Viruses, the Hondas still seem to retain there general resistance to squiddiness.

The new wheels are amazing, I was worried honda was gonna leave them as 1000rr pieces only. Would liked the all LCD gauges though, oh well.

The real question for me is, '13 600rr, or the new '13 CB1100F that finally coming to the US. Nothing like the 70's look with 0 miles, fuel injection and a warranty. I guess ill have to ride both when they show up dealers...
1987 Virago, Maroon
2008 600rr, Bright Burnt Orange, Salvage
2007 600rr, Black and Silver
1985 Ascot VT500
2005 WR450f Street Legal Enduro
2007 600rr, Red and Silver/Black

Current:
2007 600rr, Black and Silver (yes my 5th, 2nd B+S)

Mostly stock-- few cosmetic things here and there

Coming soon: Hopefully a '13 CB1100f or 600rr!
mhansen146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #83
topgd
Knee Dragger

I really like the red. With the new front-end, it looks a bit like a panigale. The wheels are awesome. I like the simplicity if the side fairings as well...motogp-like.

The only thing I think I don't like is the tank. I think it got higher... would be harder to hang-off with my short frame :(
topgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #84
ckalous422
AMA Supersport Racer

Have plenty of opinions about the new style, some things I think are great and honda went in the right direction with them and others I think they took a step backwards.. but all in all I like it, I cant say that if one came across my path for the right price I wouldnt take it.... One thing I was holding my breath on and was relieved when I saw it was that they continued with the undertail exhaust!! so happy for that lol
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #85
cknox
Pocketbike Racer

Agreed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

mods-
Pro Grip tank pad/gas cap cover/rim stripes/719's
oem rear seat cowl
proton flush mount signals
OES frame sliders
AVS C5 levers
Ram cell phone mount
HotBodies dark smoke double bubble windscreen

future mods-
FE
IT
exhaust
cknox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #86
underoath1122
Pocketbike Racer

Everyone keeps saying they are disappointed in the dated tail..... Really people. Every year has the under tail exhaust. That's what makes our RR's so special. I have a 03 so I got the one who started it all. IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR UNDER TAIL EXHAUST.. THEN RE ROUTE IT

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

03 cbr 600 rr
underoath1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to underoath1122 For This Useful Post:
Seagreen (02-22-2013)
Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #87
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
You're right, you don't get me.

I remind the people that think that it's the ONLY bike on Earth, that it's within a percentage point of the other Japanese sportbikes. There are other very good choices out there.

I defend it when I hear the negative comments from people that feel that the only good CBR is the year and color they happen to have. They sound like they're almost offended when a new and *gasp* different one is released.

As far as the red being plain, well....it's not a purse, or an "outfit". It's a bike. The red looks fantastic to me. I also prefer the red Panigale over the tri-color version. Here's a pic of my '06 when I had it, obviously I do like the plain "scheme".

Anything else I can help you with?

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
TheX is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
Honda61 (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #88
scotts06rr
Knee Dragger

To many of them are red. It makes red boring for me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
scotts06rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #89
crotch_rocket_pilot

I like it much better than the previous generations look. I guess I'm a little old school. I still look at my 2004 CBR600RR red/black as a dead sexy bike. This has a few visual cues from Honda's past and gets away from the Yamaha look which I never really liked. Don't get me wrong, the last generation was ok, just not my cup of tea. The new bike in all red is pure honda in my opinion. Good stuff.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #90
Soska
Training Wheel Hero

I promise you guys the front end will grow on you. It looks beautiful to me now. Like the others mentioned, next year we'll get an all black model, a black swing arm, it'll probably still come with ugly bulky turn signals, but it looks like Honda tries to save a few bucks there.

Besides, what would be the fun in a bike you can't mod or customize? They know the people that want to mod it will mod it anyway. I think they've done good. Nice work Honda!
Soska is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement