» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Politics

Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
jskateborders
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Secede from 'merica

So apparently there's a ton of people that want to their states to secede.
Now I do recognize that Obama threatens the american dream, (Work hard, be financially independent, opportunity for wealth etcetera) but I think people should be putting their efforts into fighting the change as opposed to bailing on the not yet sunken ship. Thoughts?

Last edited by jskateborders; 11-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.
jskateborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,926 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...de-from-union/

Honrary Chairman [

In memory of SpdyG_AK , Close Assault & Phatstud
Moeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Neptune
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
WherzRoony
Mad Chemist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was thinking about signing the New York petition, BUT, you have to sign up for a whitehouse.gov account to do so and Barry will probably send over the re-education goons.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/RSBkpCf9

WherzRoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
DynastySS
Knee Dragger

Highly unAmerican concept. People need to stop picking sides and start rooting for the country. Some people out there would rather see a president fail than the country succeed just so their party has a better chance. Disgusting.
DynastySS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DynastySS For This Useful Post:
jbeck (11-14-2012), MachRider (11-17-2012), pbeaul (05-15-2013), weStTXgrEase_mOnKay (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
WherzRoony
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastySS View Post
Highly unAmerican concept. People need to stop picking sides and start rooting for the country. Some people out there would rather see a president fail than the country succeed just so their party has a better chance. Disgusting.
What if THAT president wants the country to fail so he can create a population dependent on the government for it's needs? What if THAT president wants to crash the current healthcare system so the government can take over and have the citizens dependent on the government for healthcare?

In the words of Rush Limbaugh, just too piss you off. "I HOPE HE FAILS" Obama's failure means America SURVIVES!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
JC593
Training Wheel Hero

Dont ever quote rush......

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 Red/White CBR600rr

I love them too much.
JC593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
tary preisser
Moto GP Racer

I am scared to post my true sentiments.......

the anti sedition squads are probably already at work....

wherzroony is probably closer to the truth than anybody else who has posted so far......
tary preisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
chimp
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post
What if THAT president wants the country to fail so he can create a population dependent on the government for it's needs? What if THAT president wants to crash the current healthcare system so the government can take over and have the citizens dependent on the government for healthcare?

In the words of Rush Limbaugh, just too piss you off. "I HOPE HE FAILS" Obama's failure means America SURVIVES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tary preisser View Post
I am scared to post my true sentiments.......

the anti sedition squads are probably already at work....

wherzroony is probably closer to the truth than anybody else who has posted so far......
You guys are insane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC593 View Post
Dont ever quote rush......

chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
jbeck
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

What if he doesn't?

Just to make a point, scary things could have been said about Mitt Romney had he become President too. What if he wanted all the wealth to go to the richest 1%? What if he didn't care about "average" people? What if he didn't care about the country at all and all he really wanted was the ultimate notch on his resume of being able to say he was the President?
jbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
DynastySS
Knee Dragger

Quote:

You clearly have never dealt with the health care system as it currently is in its fully glory.

I had full coverage and I am looking at a $40k bill they deemed "medically unnecessary". This is the airlift to the hospital to save my life.

**** the current system, it is categorically corrupt.
The Following User Says Thank You to DynastySS For This Useful Post:
yoshi (04-17-2013)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
JC593
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
You clearly have never dealt with the health care system as it currently is in its fully glory.

I had full coverage and I am looking at a $40k bill they deemed "medically unnecessary". This is the airlift to the hospital to save my life.

If i read this correctly... The medicare system benefits me soo much due to my chronic illness... Im not a person who recieved handouts... I like this new "obamacare"... I could go in depth but im eating hahaha

2012 Red/White CBR600rr

I love them too much.
JC593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
corsica
World Superbike Racer

How long until Obama starts making my truck payment?
corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #14
-Rizzo-
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forget It

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
When u go on welfare

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

2003 600RR, 14 Subaru WRX & 95 Civic CX Hatch
(
East Lansing, MI)

September 2012 BOTM

My Build
UPDATE: P. 42 (ALL MODS INSTALLED)
-Rizzo- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
WherzRoony
Mad Chemist

Quote:

That's Absurd. $40K for a helicopter ride. I took a nice 20 minute heli-tour of grand cayman for $125.00. But how does obamacare with all of it's mandates, making it more expensive help?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

This all depends on your insurrance. Not all plans are equal. Plus, emergency stuff like that is always going to be more. Just like getting sick on the weekend...you can go the ER and pay a 200 copay or wait till monday to go to the doctor and pay 25. There does need to be some regulations, but obamacare is not the way. Do you guys not see all the ppl losing their jobs right now?????? Its not going to stop. Thanks to the Pres that is looking out for the average ppl, those that work average jobs won't be able to find full time work. So please please please tell me what good health care does without a job?? Anyone mind explaining that to me?
lownslo600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
WherzRoony
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslo600 View Post
So please please please tell me what good health care does without a job?? Anyone mind explaining that to me?
Job or not, you will still be REQUIRED to have healthcare or be fined in the form of taxes.

The problem with healthcare is the cost. I was having an issue with my feet. Each trip to the hospital was billed as outpatient surgery and $755.00 for a 15 minute visit. I then went to a podiatrist not at all related to the hospital and their bill is $60.00 for the same exact service.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
jskateborders
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
That's Absurd. $40K for a helicopter ride. I took a nice 20 minute heli-tour of grand cayman for $125.00. But how does obamacare with all of it's mandates, making it more expensive help?
Yep it is ridiculously expensive to travel in emergency vehicles. That's why I had someone from the scene of my wreck drop me off at a buddy's house so he could take me to the hospital. I knew that with the shape I was in they would have made me take the ambulance. Just had the cops meet me at the hospital.
jskateborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Job or not, you will still be REQUIRED to have healthcare or be fined in the form of taxes.

The problem with healthcare is the cost. I was having an issue with my feet. Each trip to the hospital was billed as outpatient surgery and $755.00 for a 15 minute visit. I then went to a podiatrist not at all related to the hospital and their bill is $60.00 for the same exact service.
Oh trust me I got you on the cost. I broke my neck and got charged 1000 for what they called "The first critical hour" which is where they did nothing but listened to me scream at them to give me something for the pain. I do look at it like this though....you can't screw the doctors. No one is going to spend the time and money to go through med school if they aren't going to be compensated. There are already doctors quiting due to the obamacare, so whats that going to lead to? All the good doctors retired leaving us with a bunch of half wits.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
DynastySS
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslo600 View Post
This all depends on your insurrance. Not all plans are equal. Plus, emergency stuff like that is always going to be more. Just like getting sick on the weekend...you can go the ER and pay a 200 copay or wait till monday to go to the doctor and pay 25. There does need to be some regulations, but obamacare is not the way. Do you guys not see all the ppl losing their jobs right now?????? Its not going to stop. Thanks to the Pres that is looking out for the average ppl, those that work average jobs won't be able to find full time work. So please please please tell me what good health care does without a job?? Anyone mind explaining that to me?
I had cream of the crop insurance. $1000 premium a month type deal.

My policy fully covered the airlift. Or it should. Problem is, it is the most corrupt mismanaged industry in this country. They deny legitimate claims all the time, because why not?

There is a reason why these insurance companies were dumping millions into the Romney campaign. Their game of ruining American families is on its final straw.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Not to say what you had wasn't good, but price doesn't really matter tbh. If its insurrance you get yourself its going to suck and that was told to me by insurrance ppl. The only time its decent is if its through an employer and even then it depends on their particular plan. Do things need to change....yes. I'd say the prob is def the insurrance companies not the hospitals and doctors, but Obamacare in its whole is not the solution. But check this out right. I had Blue cross through my mom and got seen for a back problem. Couple weeks later I had my Bday and was too old to be on her insurrance so I got my own Blue cross plan. Went back to the doctor for my back problem and was told that they would not cover it b/c it was a pre-existing problem....even though I was with the same insurrance company. They said since it was different plans they would not cover it. Thats one of many of stories I got like that. But still Obamacare is the wrong way to go about this, they just need to be regulated more.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
Eurodriver
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

The reason your medical bills are so high is because that is the true value of the dollar thanks to inflation.

Look up QE1, QE2, are we in QE3 yet? Probably. You can't just print out more and more money and expect people to become richer.

The fed can tell you alot of things about how the rate of inflation isn't going up (which doesn't include energy and food - two things which are both skyrocketting in price) but when you will approach $20,000,000,000,000 in debt by the end of the President's term, you will end up paying alot more for things like healthcare and college tuition.

Its all a game. Lets make college so unaffordable (while telling everyone they need to go to college) and make healthcare extremely unaffordable (while forcing you to buy it) and then the people will be screaming at the top of their lungs for the government to "do something".

Thats when you get full state-run education and socialized medicine. (I believe a big country in Northern Asia had that going on for about 80 years)

Don't believe it can happen? Look at England.

Think its a wonderful thing that you can get healthcare for free? Check out the wait times for even basic surgeries, I have. And its not pretty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...-waiting-times

That's not the scary thing though.

The scary thing is that little quote underneath the second graphic "as they have left patients in pain or denied treatment alltogether"

That's right sports fans. Now Uncle Sam's minions (The same people who run the DMV that we all know you love to go to) can decide that because you're too fat you can't get that knee surgery.

Oh, you crashed on a motorcycle? Yeah, that trauma center is going to the next guy.

Believe me, Obama doesn't give a **** about you or insurance premiums or anything. His goal is to **** **** up so bad that the government has to step in and take it over.

Its Rules For Radicals - only for real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

Quote:

There's another reason for working inside the system. Dostoyevsky said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution. To bring on this reformation requires that the organizer work inside the system, among not only the middle class but the 40 per cent of American families – more than seventy million people – whose income range from $5,000 to $10,000 a year [in 1971]. They cannot be dismissed by labeling them blue collar or hard hat. They will not continue to be relatively passive and slightly challenging. If we fail to communicate with them, if we don't encourage them to form alliances with us, they will move to the right. Maybe they will anyway, but let's not let it happen by default.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
Tater S
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
So apparently there's a ton of people that want to their states to secede.
Now I do recognize that Obama threatens the american dream, (Work hard, be financially independent, opportunity for wealth etcetera) but I think people should be putting their efforts into fighting the change as opposed to bailing on the not yet sunken ship. Thoughts?
LOL
Come on now, everybody knows the government is never going to allow this to happen. I think it is more of a demonstration than anything else. People are just saying they are unhappy with the direction the country is heading.

Crash Stats: Length of ownership
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=313730
Tater S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
Niner1000RR
Moto GP Racer

More talk about PPACA????

How many of you actually read it?

Say yes and there will be a test! ;)

LOL

Read it then come back :)

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
tenjin
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I had cream of the crop insurance. $1000 premium a month type deal.

My policy fully covered the airlift. Or it should. Problem is, it is the most corrupt mismanaged industry in this country. They deny legitimate claims all the time, because why not?

There is a reason why these insurance companies were dumping millions into the Romney campaign. Their game of ruining American families is on its final straw.

im with you on the insurance deal dynasty ...

for 15 years now i have been paying well over 500 dollars a month out of pocket for insurance, some of the best that i can afford

and i STILL cant afford to go to the doctor, because if he does any thing more than talk to me its going to set me back a couple hundred dollars for "unnessecary imaging", or blood work, or lab work in general...

DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
Obed
Lifetime Premium

to quote Ron Paul "sucession is as American as apple pie"..
not too many people actually want to seceed, I have two seceed stickers on the rear window of my truck and in all actuality I would not want to seceed at the present time.
The time may come, but not yet.
Here in Texas the poles show that just over 75% of the people do believe that secession is legal and right, but less than 38% of the people would actually vote for it to happen.
Obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #27
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,017 Times in 1,360 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Gotta love Texas, and if you don't...no problem, stay away.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...the-answer-is/
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #28
my04600
Knee Dragger

I didn't read all posts, but i have heard of something called "self insured" and i have been doing this for about a yr. with no problems. 'cause every time i would go to the doctor or dentist (I pay $100 a week out of paycheck and so does my employer for "great health coverage" so they tell me) i would pay like 80% of the bill. so why did i just pay 5 yrs of health coverage at $100 a month if i still have a $280 bill?? last month was more than that so i dropped it, and it took me about 6 months for them to take it off. MAN WAS I ONE PISSED OFF SOB for that month. Also i have heard that they will charge you less if un-insured than insured because "they can charge the insurance companies more" than uninsured. IT"S ALL CRAP
my04600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement