First time clutch-up wheelies body position? : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Stunters Corner > Stunts

Stunts Note: We do not condone stunting - But, if you must, this is the place to discuss it

Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
sameh90
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First time clutch-up wheelies body position?

Ok...so i've been giving clutch ups a few tries for the past 2 days...and damn that is one scary jolt..Anyway i seem to be struggling with my body position..

Trial-Set I: I've tried to use the left passenger peg and stand up but just experimenting with the jolt at low rpms i find it very difficult to anchor myself as it jumps forward..is it mostly the hands doing the work? or do i have to let my feet point downwards..i find it difficult to let my toes off that rear brake ..

Trial-Set II: I then tried sitting back in the seat 1-2 inches away from the back of the seat (as i have seen in most youtube videos) but every time the front rises i feel like my bulk has no anchoring points whatsover, forcing me to pull really hard on the handlebars handlebars, given that my right hand is twisted, i start turning them slightly right before quitting and landing faintly crooked. (i find the tank to far away to do any useful anchoring)

Trail-Set III: Trying to squeeze the tank with my thighs as i would do when riding normally, i still slide backwards everytime i clutch it up..making me panic and let go.. banging the front down ..ouch (this prolly shouldn't work since all of my weight is upfront but what the heck)

So my question is which position is the most suitable for the absolute newb at clutch-ups and how exactly do you anchor your bulk (handlebars, back of the seat, footpegs or tank? or what combination of these).

EDIT:
i've seen 10s of tutorials here and ther..most emphasize throttle/ dumping clutch tchnique and where to sit or stand..but not how to grab on..so inb4 directing me to http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=48739

Last edited by sameh90; 11-14-2012 at 07:09 AM.
sameh90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement