Official 2013 Honda CBR600RR Pics / Info - Page 12 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #331
hrcrider
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
The video does the bike a lot more favors than the website release I've seen thus far.

I'm not turned off from the bike but I'm not particularly turned on. Not in a way that would make me go out and put my 09 on the market so I can have a '13/

What I think is, Honda is playing it smart. If there are riders riding smaller displacement bikes, the 600RR is a likely step up for them. But most current 600RR owners (or 600 class bikes, period) are not going to be blown away with the new bike. But it didn't cost Honda much more than designing some new fairings, and a few updates... Which compared to a whole new design (engine, frame, swingarm, etc), didn't cost them much of anything. Unlike in 07 when a lot more 600RR owners were likely to change up to the new bike. But the market and economy was different then.

In short, most current 600RR owners are not going to be buying this bike. Many non 600RR owners might. And those odds are played by Honda with little cost to them (relatively)
This is probably the best way to sum up the new bike and what people will do.
hrcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #332
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,238 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
2007 was a new bike. 2013 isn't exactly a new bike. (Not saying it's bad. but not apples to apples comparison.)
I disagree. It didn't have anything to do with other enhancements, it was all about the looks. People hated the fact that it didn't look like a Honda anymore and vowed to NEVER get rid of the RR they had.
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #333
Nico
Administrator

Thanked 1,329 Times in 944 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dunno...

I quite like the look of the new one, no complaints there. New and or improved suspension is never a bad thing... so another tick in the box there. And if the power numbers really have improved as they say they have then it's pretty much all good...

It just would have been nice to get a bit more electrikery on it... traction control isn't really necessary given the lower power output, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt, it would have been really really good to be able to switch between multiple maps - economy and fun...

So really, the only thing I find a little disappointing is the lack of development on the ECU side of things. The rest of it is all good...

04 600RR

Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM
brmoore
This message has been deleted by Moeman. Reason: Spam and/or unwanted content
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #334
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,238 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I knew that it would start to grow on people. I need to find one that I can ride.
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #335
Eurodriver
AMA Supersport Racer

I don't even see what the fuss is about. It has a silver frame and swing arm and a little less fairing coverage with smaller headlights.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #336
droidmonster
Pocketbike Racer

Im glad they brought the under tail brake light back
droidmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #337
fireblade
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Strife View Post
I wil admit MV Augusta 675 is a lovely
Bike, though editors claim its sharp around the edges, the best bike I hear the praises of is the apparently well polished BMW S1000RR.

God help us if BMW decide to build a middleweight supersport.
I've seen the comparisons of the MV vs. the Triumph and yes the Triumph overall seemed to come out on top. But for me being 5'7" and weighing under 140 Lbs., I felt MUCH more stable sitting on the F3 completely flat footed, vs. the Triumph which reminded me of the first 2005-2006 600RR when I had to tippy toe.
If BMW released a Supersport anytime soon it'll likely be class leading I think, because right now it appears the CBR 1KRR & S1000RR are the top Bikes in their class.
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #338
highonlakai
AMA Supersport Racer

the HRC and Rep 1000rr look sooo f**kin sick!!!

but I don't know why everyones hatin on the new 600rr. It looks dope!

and I'd never buy and MV simply because there are only a handful of dealerships in Canada and I'm turned off by the way it looks

But Fireblade, if it fits ya good and you got the coin, go for it.

highonlakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #339
Kurosaki
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I disagree. It didn't have anything to do with other enhancements, it was all about the looks. People hated the fact that it didn't look like a Honda anymore and vowed to NEVER get rid of the RR they had.
Okay but then owner reviews and magazine tests helped turn that around. The new bike isn't going to have that effect since it's mostly still the same bike.
^^CBR600RR Trackday Videos - Updated 4-5-11^^**

2011 Trackday Counter: 2
Next Trackday: ?????

Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #340
SpdFrk
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie3kb View Post
Not sure if this video has been posted by anyone yet but figured I would upload it real quick just to show you what we see as dealers as far as info goes on the 2013 CBR600RR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bciexDLKs

According to this review, the odd headlights are suppose to channel air into the airbox creating a Ram Air effect. I don't mind that look as much knowing that info. Function over form is better.

OEM: Solo Seat Cowl ; CBR1000RR Rear Turn Signal Lenses
Akrapovic: Slip-On
Bazzaz: Z-Bomb
Cox Racing Group:
Radiator Guard
DDM Tuning: HID
Lawst Caws: Frame Plugs
Stompgrip: Frame Traction Pads
StreetSkinns: Custom Seat
TechSpec: Snake Skin Tank Grips ; Tank Pro
Tripage: Smoked REG IT ; 40-LED Pegs ; Knight Rider Third Light ; Brake Flasher ; LED Flasher Relay
Watsen Design: Micro Alloy LED Signals

Future Mods: Tripage LED Mirrors & Ultimate KR

Last edited by SpdFrk; 11-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.
SpdFrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #341
Fjr17
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdFrk View Post
According to this review, the odd headlights are suppose to channel air into the airbox creating a Ram Air effect. I don't mind that look as much knowing that info. Function over form is better.
I agree.

I don't mind the front of the bike too much. I just wish they gave it a more sharper look.
Fjr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #342
DynastySS
Knee Dragger

I don't think it is bad looking.

Hell, the 675R got a **** ton uglier. At least Honda didn't go that direction.
DynastySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #343
hrcrider
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
I don't even see what the fuss is about. It has a silver frame and swing arm and a little less fairing coverage with smaller headlights.

I think thats what all the fuss is about, they really did not change anything after a 6 yr same model.
hrcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
brmoore
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #344
love2ride
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Maybe they didn't want to compete head on with the 636 on the technical front and might release a technically advanced model next year with the same aesthetics of the 2013 model to have some sort of edge.

Also, for the love of God integrate the damn turn signals.

brmoore: Definitely would love to own any good Japanese 800 sometime in the future or a Triumph; I heard the GSXR750 is barely more powerful than the RR though.
You heard wrong. The 2011 GSXR 750 will absolutely destroy a 600RR even if it has a full exhaust + tuning.

Ive put extensive kms on a 750 and I can assure you anyone who says otherwise has not ridden one.

I don't even like GSXRs so no fanboism going on here.

| 2008 Ducati 1098 | 2005 CBR600RR | 2007 Subaru WRX
love2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM
brmoore
Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #345
love2ride
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmoore View Post
lol if you read a bit further back in my message i said all it takes is a full mapped exhaust and it gets nearer...but as said that doesnt include the 11+

maybe I'm tainted as I've ridden the 08+ blade, and that thing picks up a like a mofo and plants the power in, theres something i like about the gsxr750 but I cant put it in words...also something that always makes me buy honda and I think for my money considering I can get a 2011 750 or a 2008+ blade for same price area...i pick the blade...add 2k and your into 2012 blade money as well...if your good at saving, since I see them 2-3k down on showroom prices already
The previous generation 750s made just as much power as the '11. The main advantage is weight savings.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #346
love2ride
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
I have ridden one, as said, and I say otherwise

Edit: you said 2011, i rode the 2010...but I doubt the 2011 came out and now 'destroys' everything all of a sudden, yea sure i'd like to test the 11 but suzuki say no...to anything at or above 600cc to me...as ive said in some other posts, guys owns the honda next door too where I test 1000+, go figure, but anyway I'll see if I can see a gsxr750 at motorcycle live show and ask if I can jump on it for a bit...they'll let me test it there at least, it'll probably be a 2013 but i'll see if its amazing all of a sudden

im not a fan but i can tell you now i'd love a good 750/800cc sportbike seeing as i ride street everyday

im on the suzuki forum, just for browsing, as well as others such as bmw etc i know i rave honda, but its for a reason not because i dont look at anything else, honda does what i ask, in dealerships, in service, in ride/value/handling etc
I agree with you that if Honda made a 750/800 it would be a more quality product than the Suzuki offering.

But your statements of a 600RR being close to a 750 in terms of performance (not quality / intangibles) I cannot agree with.

It has been well documented that the 750s make 125+ whp stock. And the butt dyno from riding my friends bike had me thinking "this would eat my 600rr".

Oh well. Lets agree to disagree.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #347
Eurodriver
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah, pretty much the only thing the 600rr beats the 750 gixxer at is not making the rider look like a tool.

Eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #348
Cas
Pocketbike Racer

Sorry, repost
Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #349
PdubRR
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Strife View Post
Excellent point, I think the original poster was referring to riding skill, but even that statement about hawk GT may be overstated...

Now i have seen some experienced cafe racers on Triumph Thruxton Bonnevilles at barber that could really put a beating on your newby's riding mordernized supersports. Keep in mind however, these Thruxtons definitely weren't stock and had pricey Ohlin suspension components R compound tires, everything to maximize its performance for a 2001-2012 Triumph Bonneville.
You're right. I was mostly speaking of talent making more of a difference than bike potential when it comes to street and canyon carving. I'm not trying to pull this thread too far off topic or start a debate but the Hawk GT example wasn't hypothetical. It takes a very special Hawk to make that claim but I've been in the company of built 700cc 80hp, CBR front ended with Penske internals and race shocks out back, 300lb street Hawks and sub300lb track bikes. In windy canyon riding or tight tracks without much in the way of long straights they do more than fine against almost anything. I'm talking the same environments where supermotos and 2T 250's rule. The geometry on them are not ideal and there are a few instances where you can wind the frame up but for that weight and power it does just fine. I just came off of owning such a bike. You can't get there cheap though and almost everything is custom fabrication and adaptation of current tech. Mine even had a Durbahn CF monocoque seat/tank combo that was obscenely light and obscenely expensive. At the end when I tallied up everything I put into that bike I could have taken the same money and walked out of a showroom with a brand new Ducati 1198. There are only a few mad souls out there that committed to put so much into such a lowly bike but the Hawk can be polished into almost proddy GP250 shape but with a slightly inferior frame but hella more torque. Another crazy Hawk guy I know runs track days out at Miller that is a much faster track than Louden or other places Hawks do well. He runs those track days on an NC30. The local Ducati dealer tapped him to run their track days. When the customers found out they were being hosed by a more than 20 year old 60hp Honda V4 the dealer told him he couldn't bring it anymore and started furnishing him with Ducatis to ride. He just bought my Hawk to replace the V4 for trackdays. Of course a bike like the 600RR is better in almost every measurable way but back to back I felt my uberHawk was better at anything under 60mph while my bone stock 600RR was better at everything else. Ultimately that's why I left it because the 600RR doesn't really need anything. Put the key in and it's better than 99.99% of the riders on street or track. Talent runs out far quicker than potential on current metal.

p.s. This ain't your father's Hawk

Last edited by PdubRR; 11-14-2012 at 06:00 PM.
PdubRR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PdubRR For This Useful Post:
makct04 (11-15-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #350
MadMatt
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
I have ridden one, as said, and I say otherwise

Edit: you said 2011, i rode the 2010...but I doubt the 2011 came out and now 'destroys' everything all of a sudden, yea sure i'd like to test the 11 but suzuki say no...to anything at or above 600cc to me...as ive said in some other posts, guys owns the honda next door too where I test 1000+, go figure, but anyway I'll see if I can see a gsxr750 at motorcycle live show and ask if I can jump on it for a bit...they'll let me test it there at least, it'll probably be a 2013 but i'll see if its amazing all of a sudden

im not a fan but i can tell you now i'd love a good 750/800cc sportbike seeing as i ride street everyday

im on the suzuki forum, just for browsing, as well as others such as bmw etc i know i rave honda, but its for a reason not because i dont look at anything else, honda does what i ask, in dealerships, in service, in ride/value/handling etc

In this link is a list of bikes you can test ride at the NEC mate..

http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/feat...est-ride-zone/
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #351
highonlakai
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastySS View Post
I don't think it is bad looking.

Hell, the 675R got a **** ton uglier. At least Honda didn't go that direction.
I would never buy either bikes (MV or 675R)

Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #352
highonlakai
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

...the futures bright people, the futures blade...LOL
YUP!!! My next bike

Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #353
sharq
Training Wheel Hero

Boomerand Salvage

Fixed a very wrecked boomerang with plastic melting / welding and some filler!

IT WAS PRETTY MESSED UP

SOME MELTING

AFTER FILLING AND SANDING

:D
sharq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #354
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^Not sure what that has to do with the 2013 600RR. Good job none the less.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #355
Cody Strife
Knee Dragger

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2013...5r_first_look/

Oh...crap. Info on the new 2013 Triumph Daytona has been realized and sounds like the engine did get a working over. Aside from new suspension and switchable ABS, they say the following.

[BThe engine has more oversquare cylinder dimensions, with bore and stroke now measuring 76.0 x 49.6mm compared with the old model's 74.0 x 52.3mm dimensions. The cylinder block is now separate from the crankcase and has ceramic-coated aluminum bores, which enables the assembly to be stronger and better able to cope with the increased power; previously, individual liners were assembled into the upper crankcase half. Twin injectors per cylinder are now used, and a "slip-assist clutch" reduces lever effort and helps prevent rear wheel hop under braking; . Peak power is claimed to be increased by two horsepower, with the peak now earlier in the rev range at 12,600 rpm, while the rev limit has been raised to 14,400 rpm.

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2013...ixzz2CHPdjxhI][/B]

CAN I SAUCE NOW!

This has to be the most beautiful supersport I have ever laid my eyes on. That fella talking about the MV Augusta may wanna wait and see how this new daytona fairs. Either way, I think it has what it takes to be supersport winner for 2013...

Last edited by Cody Strife; 11-15-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Cody Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #356
Cody Strife
Knee Dragger

I call it the Triumph Saucemaster 675...

Whoa, did I hear Cycleworld say it has Titanium valves? I think I did.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #357
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

before ...

and after adding some stickers to it ....

Your daily dose of pre-workout motivation, fitness articles, and whatever it takes to go beast-mode on em

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Painan...40363356065027
salsaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #358
Cody Strife
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaleh View Post
before ...

and after adding some stickers to it ....

You don't wanna know what happens once Suzuki gets a hold of it ;)

Well... yeah you do... This is before the bike goes into the state of the hood, gangland chromium dipping procedure.

Last edited by Cody Strife; 11-15-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 AM
brmoore
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #359
redlinernyc
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Hell yea we will, dyno graph courtesy of paul46rider's bike...what do you say to that?

I'm no maths teacher but 124.34 is 0.66 off of 125 by my calculations
did his bike have any internal work done to it?

I'll say it before and I'll say it again. I racked up 6k miles on my last k8 750 and was never ever impressed by the extra 151 cc's compared to my 07 600rr. Next bike will be a newer gen blade. That's where the difference is noticeable.

Black 2006 600rr l SOLD Dec 2010
07 600rr - sold Aug 2011
07 white/silver 600rr - sold
Current: 2013 1000rr
redlinernyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #360
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody strife View Post
no!!!!!!!!!!!!

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

weStTXgrEase_mOnKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement