» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Politics

Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
X-treme1
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
And you never have to tell a high person to calm down...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #32
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-treme1 View Post
And you never have to tell a high person to calm down...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Cus we are as calm as we are going to get...lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
jbeck
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttynu View Post
this is what i think, as long as its all natural;weed. and is not made of chemical;crack,ice,herio.etc... its should be lgal....
Hey Nuttynu, how are the marijuana laws up there in Alaska? I heard they were pretty lenient.
jbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #34
LanCo Rider
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
the law also allows for users to grow their own up to 6 plants (if i recall correctly) so people will grow their own and not buy..hence no tax revenue.
im worried about people driving while stoned. now we have to worry about drunk and stoned drivers so the roads just became a little more dangerous.
im mixed on it..not sure how i feel. but really i think the only benefit is less crowded jails. and really whats the jail time imposed for carrying 1oz? couple days? i really dont know
It's very difficult and time consuming to grow your own decent quality buds. Without as much as a doubt, people will buy their stash from the local shop with very few growing their own.

Have you ever driven stoned? The only real effect it had on me when I used to smoke was driving 10 mph below the posted speed limit and somehow ending up at the local Burger King more often than I care to admit. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to LanCo Rider For This Useful Post:
sincalirider (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I like how the critics of the law are making it out like everyone is now going to smoke and drive. Apparently the didn't read the study done by the University of Iowa and Hartford Hospital. Besides, most users use it for recreation purposes in the safety of their own home.

I hope this leads to the ability to cash in on hemp products as well. Hemp is a better material than cotton and could make another cash crop here in the states.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #36
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
I like how the critics of the law are making it out like everyone is now going to smoke and drive. Apparently the didn't read the study done by the University of Iowa and Hartford Hospital. Besides, most users use it for recreation purposes in the safety of their own home.

I hope this leads to the ability to cash in on hemp products as well. Hemp is a better material than cotton and could make another cash crop here in the states.
Haha, you remember when they did all the commercials where the smoker's friends (and dog in that one lol) said they were boring b/c all they did was sit around the house and were boring. Now they are saying that everyone's driving around all party hardy. Maybe they should move Congress to colorado, maybe then they'll chill out, get along, and get some work done
lownslo600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #37
leftyguns21
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
Have you ever driven stoned? The only real effect it had on me when I used to smoke was driving 10 mph below the posted speed limit and somehow ending up at the local Burger King more often than I care to admit. lol
which is equally dangerous. have you ever been driving down the freeway and rolled up on a car going 10 under? its dangerous. and its another driver on the road not paying attention.
it will be interesting to see how they regulate it. and grow houses and actually collect taxes
leftyguns21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #38
adamcbr4lyfe
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
It's very difficult and time consuming to grow your own decent quality buds. Without as much as a doubt, people will buy their stash from the local shop with very few growing their own.

There are outdoor plants that grow dank bud with little effort. There are tonnes of strains developed for outdoor illegal grows where people can't tend to them every day. In Canada where I live most outdoor grows are done just like that. But if you want really good hydro that takes a bit more effort to set up, but once you have your light, ventilation, set up on timers all you really have to do is watch ph levels and add nutes. The right strain and letting it finish is the key. I have a brain dead friend who grows really good stuff so it's not rocket science. I've seen his set up and anyone can get it with 1000 dollars and plug it into the wall. Basically if you can grow a nice garden you could grow nice weed. And at today's prices (down there) if it's off a bit in quality who cares.

Most people who smoke can drive perfect. It's the guy who smokes once a year who is dangerous. Just think how stoned you were the first time you got high, try driving like that lol.

Last edited by adamcbr4lyfe; 11-10-2012 at 09:01 PM.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #39
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
They also have auto flowering strains like lowrider which don't require cuts in the light cycle. They might not produce very much with out some tlc but they produce quickly think it's somewhere between a month or two. Never grew them but I always wanted to. Don't smoke or sell anything Just always enjoyed they plant it's self.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #40
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33m101 View Post
They also have auto flowering strains like lowrider which don't require cuts in the light cycle. They might not produce very much with out some tlc but they produce quickly think it's somewhere between a month or two. Never grew them but I always wanted to. Don't smoke or sell anything Just always enjoyed they plant it's self.

A normal harvest period for most bud plants are 9 weeks. Some can grow in 5 but are really not worth the time.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #41
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindaddy View Post
A normal harvest period for most bud plants are 9 weeks. Some can grow in 5 but are really not worth the time.

Yea that's the reason why I never bought them wasn't sure if it would be.

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #42
adamcbr4lyfe
AMA Supersport Racer

I bet the first weed dispensaries will be busted by the feds. The first few people to try and set up shop are gonna go down hard. The wars not over by any stretch. I also wouldn't want to be growing 6 plants and have the dea kick in my door, spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer and maybe get off. Until the feds say it's okay your still taking a big risk Imo.
adamcbr4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #43
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbr4lyfe View Post
I bet the first weed dispensaries will be busted by the feds. The first few people to try and set up shop are gonna go down hard. The wars not over by any stretch. I also wouldn't want to be growing 6 plants and have the dea kick in my door, spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer and maybe get off. Until the feds say it's okay your still taking a big risk Imo.
My door has been kicked down by the DEA but its not as bad as you think. Its up to the state to prosecute you and since its legal by state....you walk out without a problem or lawyer as long as you grow legally

Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #44
LanCo Rider
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
which is equally dangerous. have you ever been driving down the freeway and rolled up on a car going 10 under? its dangerous. and its another driver on the road not paying attention.
it will be interesting to see how they regulate it. and grow houses and actually collect taxes

lol you wouldn't find me on a freeway stoned. I'm talking back road cruising without a soul in sight.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #45
SeanO
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It is now legal in those states. Does federal law still trump the state law. Can the DEA still bust you. I remember watching a documentary about this in Cali. It was legal in the State but if the Feds wanted to prosecute you then they could. Anyone know if this is still true?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
LanCo Rider
Moto GP Racer

Yes, the Feds can still crack down on you if they decide to. A perfect example of why the federal government needs to kindly and quietly fcuk off.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #47
jbeck
AMA Supersport Racer

Go here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov

Create an account. Then view petitions and search marijuana. Sign the petition with the title "Remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substance Act and allow the states to decide how they want to regulate it."

If it gets to 25,000 signatures by Dec. 7, it has to at least be reviewed by the govt.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #48
WherzRoony
Mad Chemist

Colorado's new theme song:

Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #49
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
Go here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov

Create an account. Then view petitions and search marijuana. Sign the petition with the title "Remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substance Act and allow the states to decide how they want to regulate it."

If it gets to 25,000 signatures by Dec. 7, it has to at least be reviewed by the govt.
Thanks! Never would have known about them. I made my signature on 3 of them!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #50
DynastySS
Knee Dragger

I am from Oakland and we are doing alright with it :)
DynastySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #51
JSchulte
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
I've never touched weed, but I think it's not the worst idea to legalize it. Less people going to jail for minor offenses, more tax revenue, etc.

Sure people can just grow their own, but people can also grow their tomatoes and corn, and still choose to buy it at the store, so their WILL be a sizable tax revenue. In Washington, there is a 25% tax rate imposed on the product three times: when the grower sells it to the processor, when the processor sells it to the retailer, and when the retailer sells it to the customer. That's a lot of coin.

It can't be any worse than having people out drinking and getting behind the wheel. I think there should be regulations, like alcohol, against smoking while driving, and should be handled just like a drunk driving charge if you're deemed impaired.

People are going to do it anyways, might as well make some money off of it.

Nailed it, never done it, hate being around it personally so as long as I'm not subjected to such I'm good.
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
JSchulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #52
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchulte View Post

Nailed it, never done it, hate being around it personally so as long as I'm not subjected to such I'm good.
That's your right. Just because smokers do their thing, don't mean we are any lower then anyone else. Bill Gates did most of inventing high to help open his mind. We are not dumb or addicted. Its no different then not wanting a cigarette smoker. You should not be treated badly for not want someone to smoke around you and most people will agree with me.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
jbeck
AMA Supersport Racer

JUST LEGALIZE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!! In the ENTIRE country, not just a few states.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
JUST LEGALIZE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!! In the ENTIRE country, not just a few states.
Hell yes!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #55
cbr6racr
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindaddy View Post
That's your right. Just because smokers do their thing, don't mean we are any lower then anyone else. Bill Gates did most of inventing high to help open his mind. We are not dumb or addicted. Its no different then not wanting a cigarette smoker. You should not be treated badly for not want someone to smoke around you and most people will agree with me.

I don't think he was implying anything negative about smokers. Just that he shouldn't have to be subject to the smoke, similar to how you can't smoke in restaurants anymore.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #56
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
I don't think he was implying anything negative about smokers. Just that he shouldn't have to be subject to the smoke, similar to how you can't smoke in restaurants anymore.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App
That was one of my points i was trying to get too. I am one who is just bad with words bro.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #57
jbeck
AMA Supersport Racer

The future?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #58
380 Penetrator
Training Wheel Hero

i support the hell out of it. Ridiculous that it is still illegal anywhere in the country.
380 Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #59
Bizzle
Banned

I can barely walk on the streets without freaking out, let alone drive.
Hopefully, Cali will follow soon. I think at least 60% of the population already does it frequently.
Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #60
Twindaddy
Pocketbike Racer

Re: Marijuana Legalization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzle View Post
I can barely walk on the streets without freaking out, let alone drive.
Hopefully, Cali will follow soon. I think at least 60% of the population already does it frequently.
I think its a little higher then 60%.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement