Burning clutch and rpm problem? Help please. : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
attran84
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Burning clutch and rpm problem? Help please.

So I recently replaced my clutch cable. Everything went smoothly but I started noticing a burning smell coming from the right side of my bike. I Take my fairings off thinking that the engine was melting my clutch cable but it wasnt. On top of that my rmps are all over the place. Today riding home I stopped at a light and noticed my bike making a bogging noise like an r1 or something and my rmps were barley above 1k, when I get home I adjust my clutch thinking that maybe my clutch wasnt fully disengaged. When I start up again my bike shoots up a lil past 2k rpms (Bike already warm) ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
attran84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Jay_RR
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Was it having any of these issues before you done the clutch change?
You say you've re-adjusted the cable again....have you adjusted it correctly so you have a tiny bit of play before the cable grabs (Cant remember to hand how much)
Jay_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
attran84
Pocketbike Racer

I've readjusted it. Now my main problem is low idling! 700-900 Rpms makes a wap wap wap sound like its gonna die... I honestly don't know whats going on. Its an 07 and all I have on it is a hyperflo. I did have a low slide about 6 months ago but the bike seemed fine until now. Help?! I've searched but the only answer I've come up with is Vacuum hose with hole in it and Idle adjusting nob which I believe 07 doesn't have one.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Jay_RR
Training Wheel Hero

Best bet would be to have look around under the tank and make sure everything looks ok and is nice and secure....while checking vacuum hoses for any splits etc
Another option is take it to the dealers and let them scan the bike for fault codes.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
attran84
Pocketbike Racer

What does at Vacuum hose even look like

Noticed something new while riding today. When I first got on the bike after it was warmed up rpms were very low 900 -1k and the when I rode it home it and it wouldnt go below 2k rpms! WTF is going on! To make it more confusing when im at a stop light and start to engage the clutch my rpms shoot up to 2,100-200 rmps with out me giving it gas at all..... PLEASE help!!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Jay_RR
Training Wheel Hero

Dont know if you've searched an found these but take alot here : Cant see it being much different to yours: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=269890

Also does this sound similar?
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=255425
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Asabon94
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by attran84 View Post
What does at Vacuum hose even look like

Noticed something new while riding today. When I first got on the bike after it was warmed up rpms were very low 900 -1k and the when I rode it home it and it wouldnt go below 2k rpms! WTF is going on! To make it more confusing when im at a stop light and start to engage the clutch my rpms shoot up to 2,100-200 rmps with out me giving it gas at all..... PLEASE help!!
It's just a small hose that creates pressure. Not a hose for moving fluids or air it's basically just pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Cbr 600rr
Asabon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement