Pushed my new bike 5.5 miles home and got pulled over - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #61
JSchulte
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
God the original owner sucks at life mechanically, I wouldn't want anything that he's touched with any sort of tool. I'm surprised he could properly install a license plate.

To me this idiot owes you some money at the very least to save his ass here on the forum, and not to reiterate what you already know but I would not only have pressed the "PASS" button on that bike. I would have ran.
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
JSchulte is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JSchulte For This Useful Post:
jawnwin (11-15-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #62
xHECKSHERx
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Judging by the pictures, the stator cover looks repainted, could've been dropped on the left side. However, you do have some goodies on that bike. Front/rear speigler stainless steel brakelines, akrapovic exhaust (slip-on I would assume), asv levers, d3 grips, Dunlop q2 tires with good tread left, tripage F/E kit, DB windscreen, looks like shogun frame sliders, and a MOTY battery. But Overall isn't too bad. You already know you paid too much for it so I won't mention it again. The bike has a lot of potential in my eyes.
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
xHECKSHERx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #63
jawnwin
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHECKSHERx View Post
Judging by the pictures, the stator cover looks repainted, could've been dropped on the left side. However, you do have some goodies on that bike. Front/rear speigler stainless steel brakelines, akrapovic exhaust (slip-on I would assume), asv levers, d3 grips, Dunlop q2 tires with good tread left, tripage F/E kit, DB windscreen, looks like shogun frame sliders, and a MOTY battery. But Overall isn't too bad. You already know you paid too much for it so I won't mention it again. The bike has a lot of potential in my eyes.
Thats the moty battery that died so i bought a yuasa battery instead the moty battery is a 8volt while the regular yuasa oem battery carries a 12v and the bike had LED lights everywhere and not to mention the busted 5k HID install i had to throw away and he mounted his slim ballast like weirdly on the bike and some of the thing is like completely showing and when i make a right turn my left fork rubs against all these wires but its true i do have a lot of goodies this is why im gonna save up and make sure this bike is in great condition and its all thanks to everyone on here helping me
jawnwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #64
jawnwin
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by guchi View Post
sorry to hear your story man, d***** bags like those will get their due karma one day. Sellers and buyers should have that mutual respect / honesty in getting a deal with both parties satisfied at the end of the day. I know the excitement of buying your very first 600 rr, its priceless but those emotions will cloud your judgement. Heck somewhere in CL someone posted an 03 bike with 7k miles, never been dropped for 3k and when i came to have a look the bike was sitting outside a shop with a "crash and fix" banner and by then i knew everything they were gonna say about the bike will never be 100% true.

so let your case be a lesson learned for you and everybody else trying to buy their first bike.
haha you can say that again lesson that i have just learned
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #65
haynboy8
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
maybe sell your exhaust and get a stock one. Use the left over money for some repairs.
haynboy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #66
boostedlt1
Pocketbike Racer

sucks you got ripped off, especially by a memeber.

did you atleast try to push start it before you walked it 5 miles?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnwin View Post
the thing is i spent an whole hour with my friends trying to jump the battery and charge it.. the battery just wouldnt get a charge i mean it fires right up when i jump start it with a car but once i remove the cables the bike stalls out and dies on me i even tried keeping the rev up to keep the motor running but as soon as i took off maybe 20 feet of keeping the revs up it still died on me.

ummm... why hasn't anyone mentioned this? bike should run off the stator, no?

Adam - Slocum Racing
'95 lt1. 355 - 9.4:1 - LE2 heads - LE cam - t70 @ 8psi (until i get moar fuel)
'03 CBR600RR - Two Brothers Slip-On
boostedlt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boostedlt1 For This Useful Post:
jawnwin (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #67
Handyman
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Aftermarket fairings suck fitment wise( that I've dealt with)....I'll stick to OEM... If you buy new/used OEM fairings that don't match send them to me and I will paint them for you for free since you got raped on this deal... you pay for the paint and shipping and I'll spray them....
jawnwin (11-15-2012), JSchulte (11-15-2012), Moeman (11-15-2012), xHECKSHERx (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #68
jawnwin
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedlt1 View Post

yeah man i stayed at this local tea spot and i called up a few of my buddies you have jumper cables and stuff i jump start it it worked.... but once i remove the battery it just died seems like the battery never held a charge it only started because it was hooked on to another car... once i removed the cables that was it the engine just stalls out i tried running and pushing the bike to see if itll grab a hold and just run off starting but that didnt work as well so that was when i found out and knew that the regular stupid motydesign battery just completely died and the dude lied to me saying moty design has 5 year warranty and he called later saying its only one year and its been exactly one year "sorry bro you bought the bike goodluck" i was like A**HOLE! and then i just carried on and walked the bike home
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #69
haynboy8
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedlt1 View Post

If the battery is completely dead, the bike wont stay on even though the stator is good.

The completely dead battery will act like a break in the circuit. Should buy a multimeter/tester to be sure.

I had a generator/stator go out on me on a ride. Switched batteries with my friend and got about 10-15 miles before it died again. Good thing we were only a few miles away from my house. OP if your new battery dies out , most likely its the stator/regulator.

Last edited by haynboy8; 11-15-2012 at 09:14 PM.
haynboy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to haynboy8 For This Useful Post:
jawnwin (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,876 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
Do not throw that battery away yet it might be simply dead you can take it to an auto parts store and get it load tested to know if its any good or not these batteries are top notch as long as they are maintained properly and not abused its obvious the ex owners electrical knowledge and bike care are simply worthless running all these extra additives without keeping the battery charged up will eventually kill it but test it any way before throwing it away

Honrary Chairman [

In memory of SpdyG_AK , Close Assault & Phatstud
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #71
boostedlt1
Pocketbike Racer

oh my bad, i thought he was talking about the new battery... that would explain why no one mentioned it

reading comprehension > me

:(

Adam - Slocum Racing
'95 lt1. 355 - 9.4:1 - LE2 heads - LE cam - t70 @ 8psi (until i get moar fuel)
'03 CBR600RR - Two Brothers Slip-On
boostedlt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #72
xHECKSHERx
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Moe,

I thought browningbuck had a 5 year warranty on his MOTY battery, correct me if I'm wrong.
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
xHECKSHERx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #73
underoath1122
Pocketbike Racer

Dude if I saw e tape on the fairings I would have been like. Dude i can almost buy a new one for a few grand more. Looks like he dropped it as we'll.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

03 cbr 600 rr
underoath1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #74
Moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHECKSHERx View Post
Moe,

I thought browningbuck had a 5 year warranty on his MOTY battery, correct me if I'm wrong.
I have checked Brian's web site & did not see any info about warranty periods I would just an email to bharis@motydesign.com , a pm to BrowningBuck with questions about warranty or simply a phone call to 928-607-2269 Brian is an awesome member , site vendor and will help out the OP for sure specially if he tells me details about his bike purchase he might even just swap him a new battery a simple question won't hurt

Honrary Chairman [

The Following User Says Thank You to Moeman For This Useful Post:
jawnwin (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #75
jawnwin
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
I have checked Brian's web site & did not see any info about warranty periods I would just an email to bharis@motydesign.com , a pm to BrowningBuck with questions about warranty or simply a phone call to 928-607-2269 Brian is an awesome member , site vendor and will help out the OP for sure specially if he tells me details about his bike purchase he might even just swap him a new battery a simple question won't hurt
ill make sure to give him a call thanks a lot. as of right now i need to find a way to take of these two ballast its rubbing against my fork as i make a right turn or turn my fork all the way to the right it seems like its been rewired to hook up to the battery man there's electrical wirings all over the fairing to the back lol
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #76
Mr.Cannon
Knee Dragger

Wow, It appears there were some good reasons the bike was for sale for so long. At least you know the VIN came back fine and you got a few goods pre-installed. Just take your time and give it a REAL good look over and I would not ride it until all checks out fine. Good luck, I hope it all works out in the end.
Mr.Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #77
Moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnwin View Post
ill make sure to give him a call thanks a lot. as of right now i need to find a way to take of these two ballast its rubbing against my fork as i make a right turn or turn my fork all the way to the right it seems like its been rewired to hook up to the battery man there's electrical wirings all over the fairing to the back lol
The Ballasts are easy try to take a picture of what you have hooked up or even explain to me what do you see as far as parts and wires and if they are attached to the head light bulbs ie wires going into the head lights housing or not so I can tell you in simple steps how to disconnect them it's a simple process trust me I am all ears

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #78
tucsondude
Knee Dragger

if you dont trade an old battery in it will cost you and extra 8-20 bucks.

I want to take pitty and say the sellers a douche, but you paid 6k for a bike with busted fairings, not scratched but seriously busted?

glad i never had to learn that one the hard way.

tucsondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #79
Moeman

I can see in a couple of pictures the yellow wires that are suppose to run from the bulbs to the ballast but I am not sure if they are hooked up to the Hid Bulbs or not and I would say probably not cause the head light beam is not bright enough like the hid light is so tell me what are these wires are attached to from the head light housing end

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #80
Moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsondude View Post
if you dont trade an old battery in it will cost you and extra 8-20 bucks.

I want to take pitty and say the sellers a douche, but you paid 6k for a bike with busted fairings, not scratched but seriously busted?

glad i never had to learn that one the hard way.
What pisses me off more than anything is his jack ass treatment he gave the op he could have at least helped him to get the bike home offer him any type of assistance not just click ( you bought the bike ,took it off my hands , I got my money but the battery is dead so it's all on you now ) click

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #81
Moeman

Regardless of how busy you are lend a helping hand cause what goes around comes around and if you give some one the shaft combined with the F off treatment Guess what genius One day when you are desperate for help Karma Bitch will stop by to collect what you owe her I know some people out there do not give a rats ass but those kind should not be bitching when that Shaft if up there buttocks

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #82
highonlakai
AMA Supersport Racer

Well if you cannot take the bike back and get your money back from Mr. Dickhead, just move forward and get the bike some new plastic, etc.

But whatever man, you live and learn.

highonlakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #83
ridesc
AMA Supersport Racer

This story makes me mad a fellow. Net member has the nerve to shwindle another member. What a maggot. Its very unfortunate that you were hot and heavy to buy the bike. Hopefully some good will come about. Sounds like the guy is a douche and he wires **** up ghetto. Dont think he ready many how to forums on here because there are many members who have done the hid mod with quality results. Good luck man.
ridesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #84
jawnwin
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesc View Post
This story makes me mad a fellow. Net member has the nerve to shwindle another member. What a maggot. Its very unfortunate that you were hot and heavy to buy the bike. Hopefully some good will come about. Sounds like the guy is a douche and he wires **** up ghetto. Dont think he ready many how to forums on here because there are many members who have done the hid mod with quality results. Good luck man.
Yeah i agree i mean i wish he could have done some better mods or custom work to make the HID ballast hidden more so that all the wires wouldnt be everywhere showing and stuff but yeah that is correct it was my fault i was in the heat of moment when buying something i mean im pretty sure a lot of us out there who sees something nice then go straight out full on cash and drops the money for whatever it is they see. i have to admit i was pretty stupid on that one but i mean the basically my father told me the dude basically charge the battery overnight so it had a little bit of juice in the battery just so he could sell his bike i mean the guy had a battery within a few steps away from the bike knowing that the bike could have stalled out when i was about to buy it other than that i pushed the bike home for a good few hours and when it happened i called the guy all he said was its not my bike you signed the papers its under your name its not my problem your bike you deal with it he had my money i mean i did not know all of this was gonna happen if i knew i wouldnt have bought it i just figured it was only cosmetic parts and fairing problems i was gonna switch them out anyways but i didnt know it was gonna be this bad i had reality check hit me pretty hard that night when i walked the bike home you don't know how many times i said "F*** you JOHN for buying a F***** up A** bike. as he hunged up on me and told me it was my problem as soon as i got the bike home i was like **** theres nothing i can do about it i asked the dude nicely if he could buy me a battery he said its not his problem anymore
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #85
Moeman

Jaw
What is in the past is there already bro do not beat yourself up I promise you the seller will get the Shaft with petroleum jelly some day very soon call him up and give him this message """""Moe from dot net is warning you stay the hell away from the site """"

Honrary Chairman [

Last edited by Moeman; 11-15-2012 at 11:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moeman For This Useful Post:
nahrah (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #86
dsp jaggar
AMA Supersport Racer

im surprised no one has said to check the stator yet. it was mentioned if the battery died again but if it was me i wouldnt give it a chance to die again after all this i would just assume it was bad until i checked it and proved otherwise. usually the battery will die within a day of use though if it is the stator but id rather not be stranded again if i was you. and as said by others the case def looks to be painted. take a closer look and i bet you will see tape lines on it. its irrelevant really but your going to want to know your bike inside and out so just adding to the info
dsp jaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #87
nahrah
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Regardless of how busy you are lend a helping hand cause what goes around comes around and if you give some one the shaft combined with the F off treatment Guess what genius One day when you are desperate for help Karma Bitch will stop by to collect what you owe her I know some people out there do not give a rats ass but those kind should not be bitching when that Shaft if up there buttocks
I agree, Karma will get her turn ten fold. We are a tight knit community and are here to help.
SOLD 09 Cbr600rr with Delkevic Konica Minolta Replica Fairings Originally Metallic Black | Proton Flushmount Signal | Custom Adjustable FE | Yoshimura RS5 S/O | Tripage STD IT | DMP LED arrow short stalks for the rear | DDM HID 4500K | Puig DB Dark Smoke | Driven D3 Grips | Asv C5 Levers Black w/red adjuster | Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 | Techspec Snake Skin | Progrip Blue reflective rim tape
nahrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #88
Moeman

I suggested Jaw to check the moty battery and get it load tested first to see if it passes or not that is the easiest thing to check being that Jaw is a new bike owner I did not want to over load him with procedures and scare him from his RR after the battery will get into his next issue to check

Honrary Chairman [

Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #89
jawnwin
Training Wheel Hero

I will remove all the fairing pieces tomorrow get rid of the ballast clean up the bike check the fuses and as for the stator i am not so sure what to do with it... do i just remove the whole thing or take the bike to a shop before i start removing all of the fairing pieces and remove the stupid dangerous electronic wiring for for the HID because when i start the bike up i smell plastic burning.. then through my day at skidazzle lol i really want that 20 dollar big bear pass so thats it so far for now ill get started tomorrow morning asap and i will be taking pictures and loading them onto here tomorrow
Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #90
dsp jaggar
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I suggested Jaw to check the moty battery and get it load tested first to see if it passes or not that is the easiest thing to check being that Jaw is a new bike owner I did not want to over load him with procedures and scare him from his RR after the battery will get into his next issue to check
true, i just would hate to see another thread titled pushed my bike 5 miles again.

im guessing he probably left the old battery for a core charge but i may be wrong, either way good advice all around

.nets going to help you out man
dsp jaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement