Texas Stats Troopers. - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
speeddeamon88
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
He also cannot search your person without reasonable doubt but in your case you gave him the ok which you should never do. Make them earn there money. They were dicks to you be a **** back. Stand up for yourself.
The X's #1 Fan™
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #32
RedisFaster
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerx2 View Post
You're kidding right?

There are enough sportbike riders acting like complete douchbags to sour the perception of us that it's a miracle our rides haven't been outlawed (or at least heavily restricted) already. Even riders of other types of bikes clump all of us together based on that skewed perception. The sad part is that it's a really small percent of riders causing the problem but they make enough of a stink that we all suffer the consequences.

I agree 1000%. What happened to the OP was very wrong but it's no surprise that we have a bad reputation with all the jackasses racing around the streets making the rest of us look bad. Was in the car with my wife and her family yesterday. We passed DOZENS of bikes and no one even noticed them...then we come across this one guy riding like an ass-hat and of course they start commenting on how motorcyclists are idiots and that motorcycles should just be illegal?! (My wife knows better than to say $hit like that but I couldnt really say anything to my mother-in-law).

To the OP- Sorry that you had to deal with those jerk-off cops but at least you're looking at the bright side- no tickets!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #33
speeddeamon88
World Superbike Racer

^thats part of america. if i wanna drive like a moron i can. I dont but i mean people can do as they please. I could care less what people think of me and my driving as a motorcyclist. I dont like them driving cars when im on my bike. If a there isnt a cop to catch em then o well. Natural selection
The X's #1 Fan™
Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #34
RedisFaster
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddeamon88 View Post
^thats part of america. if i wanna drive like a moron i can. I dont but i mean people can do as they please. I could care less what people think of me and my driving as a motorcyclist. I dont like them driving cars when im on my bike. If a there isnt a cop to catch em then o well. Natural selection

I have to disagree with you there. Driving/riding is not a right, it's a privilege. And yes, someone can choose to ride like a moron but that just makes us look bad to the community and to law enfocement. And then with that comes more rules/regulations restricting/preventing us from doing what we love.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #35
MPH200
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Like The X said, we ride almost every weekend all year. Yes there are corners where we exceed the posted speed limit. I understand the risk I take by violating the law. If you have nothing to hide, why didn't you just agree to the search in the first place?

Sportbikes have a bad reputation. We try to due as many Charity Rides as we can to set a good example for the general public & other riders.

I have been pulled over 9 time since I moved to Austin from Dallas 5 years ago. I have received 9 warnings. I wave every time I pass an Officer, I appreciate the job they do. I am very respectful if I do get pulled over & try to find common ground to talk about & get there mind off of the violation. This has worked so far. There are Police that are just a$$&%^$# & you are screwed.

Some members of our group are Police Officers. If they pull over a bike, typically they want to see if it is stolen & just give a warning.

I have an older brother that was a State Trooper for 30 years. He retired at 50 years old as a Lieutenant. Basically anything can be considered "probable cause" to search someone.

Texas is a huge state for drug runners out of Mexico, unfortunately it effects the rest of us.
1999 Honda F4 - Track Project
2005 Honda 600RR - Track (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki DR-Z400E - Motard -Street/Track/Dirt
1970's Mini-bike - Land speed vehicle

Hers:
2005 Honda 600RR - Street
2005 Honda 600RR - Track - (SOLD)
2000 Honda XR100R - Trails
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #36
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_ME View Post
That's just my opinion. Like it or hate it you were in the wrong. Not once, not twice but three times and yet you still find a way to place the blame on someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

I think you're gay
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #37
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Come on Tribal, revive a 6 month old thread to talk trash to a guy that's never going to see it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread