» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Track Talk > Trackdays

Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by MOTO-D Racing

Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #31
Dynamic
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't wait to get on a track next year, there are two near Seattle WA and another one being built. Hopefully ill be able to get a few days down there next summer.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #32
AleksV
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I gave up on trying to convince my squid friends. it always turn on the "too much hassle to prepare for track".
AleksV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #33
Dynamic
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by askela View Post
I gave up on trying to convince my squid friends. it always turn on the "too much hassle to prepare for track".
No way, I'd rather stay home Friday night in the garage having a few casual beers and working on the bike then going out partying.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #34
xcellflyer
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
No way, I'd rather stay home Friday night in the garage having a few casual beers and working on the bike then going out partying.
Garage: Motorcycle enthusiasts slang for place of zen
xcellflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
love2ride
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clx View Post
i notice track day guys always take off their mirrors and tape up their ligths. is this mandatory. id hate to change the balance of the bike by removing stuff (yes im over estimating the wieght of the mirrors, lol) . id prefer to take my bike onto a track as i ride it on the street.
Are you being funny or are you really that stupid?

| 2008 Ducati 1098 | 2009 Yamaha R6|

Past: 2004 Yamaha R1 | 2005 CBR600RR
love2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
xcellflyer
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2ride View Post
Are you being funny or are you really that stupid?
Hey be nice...he's learning, he's not stupid.
xcellflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #37
boostedlt1
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcellflyer View Post
As for if it's a better value than MSF, it depends on how you look at it. MSF is generally used to teach you how to ride from the beginning and then it looks good to the insurance companies and gives you a little discount on insurance supposedly. Then you don't have to deal with the DMV riding test.

At the track you should atleast know how to ride the bike. You are going to be further improving your riding skills at the track.

I'm assuming you know how to ride correct? Shifting, stop/go? all that stuff? If so then, the track would be perfect for you and money well spent!
better value for actual time on the bike and getting to do some actual fun riding! i took an msf class hoping to drop my insurance some cause i already had my license, went from $71/month to $68... i was disappointed.. especially since half the class was spent in a classroom and we never got above 20 mph...

yeah i'd say i'm a "decent" rider. rode dirt when i was a kid, been riding street on/off for the last ~2.5 years. just dont wanna be cocky then show up and get lapped by everyone lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWNMoWER View Post
If you think you're going to be slow at the track, someone else will be slower. Believe me when I say that.
haha true that

Adam - Slocum Racing
'95 lt1. 355 - 9.4:1 - LE2 heads - LE cam - t70 @ 8psi (until i get moar fuel)
'03 CBR600RR - Two Brothers Slip-On
boostedlt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #38
AbnInf
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
I've noticed that guys who avoid going to the track are the heavy drinkers. They give excuses because they don't want to get up at 5am on a saturday or whatever after drinking all night. Same goes for long group rides that start out early.

AbnInf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
Niner1000RR
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Like mentioned already, don't ever be worried about being slow when going to the track! EVER!

We've had people come to the track with a WIDE range of things and riding at a wide range of skill levels.

For example, we've had a girl at the track that was her first time ever riding a bike (that admittingly was a little tough... She should have learned how to shift first...)

We've had a 67 YO man come out once on his 883 sportster doing his first trackday. He had a BLAST! Said he couldn't believe he didn't try it earlier in life! Since then he's bought and F4 and been back twice.

We've had people who wouldn't go faster than 40mph, the entire time!

You should NEVER worry about being too slow!

And what you learn at the track will be FAR different than what you would or have learned at an MSF course. Really no comparison. We have 2 different sets of goals.

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #40
fallingbomb
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWNMoWER View Post
If you think you're going to be slow at the track, someone else will be slower. Believe me when I say that.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
Yes there will be! I can guarantee you won't be the slowest if you go full throttle down the straights. In C group, its kinda amazing how slow you see some liter bikes putzing on the straight sections (and 600s). In C group, there are people that can get around the track decently, people that turn ungodly slow, break waaay early and don't get back on the throttle until upright and everything in between.

Get confortable with the track and your bike then I'd recommend finding a control rider to tow you around a bit. They can help show you lines and whatnot. In C group, the riders skill levels vary so much, it's hard to learn good lines from following them.

On last note. Ride your own pace. Don't get caught up trying to catch people that pass you or push beyond what you are reasonably comfortable doing. When people start riding over their head, they make mistakes, a lot. Go out and have fun, it isn't a race. At the end of the day you probably learn more about your bike and improve your skills more than you would hundreds of hours of street riding.
2007 CBR600RR -- CVMA #270 -- Pictures -- Build Thread
fallingbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #41
flboarder
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My new suit gets here next week. Any recommendations for track days in Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
flboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement