female on a 600RR :D - Page 22 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > New Members

New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #631
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Has the crack down lead to a drop of DUI's in the state? Just wondering if everyone is paranoid enough to the point that they don't risk it. Central CA has a bad DUI problem but all they do is stings every once in a while. A while back Fresno PD got in trouble because they sent in plain clothes officers to bars and clubs and follow possible drunk drivers to their cars to see if they would drive. They would radio them in to near by patrol cars. I though that was bad enough.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #632
Joekr
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Has the crack down lead to a drop of DUI's in the state? Just wondering if everyone is paranoid enough to the point that they don't risk it. Central CA has a bad DUI problem but all they do is stings every once in a while. A while back Fresno PD got in trouble because they sent in plain clothes officers to bars and clubs and follow possible drunk drivers to their cars to see if they would drive. They would radio them in to near by patrol cars. I though that was bad enough.
If I remember right, the # of dui's are down, but no where near the drop one would figure..

At one of the convienent stores I stop at on my to and from work, I can't tell ya how many people I've seen with the breatalyzer on their vehicle..

Usually around the holidays, they show the #'s... then show the vs from previous year. I'll see if I can catch it.
Joekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #633
infinate719

When I lived in Sierra Vista I would get stopped almost every night I went out.... They are pretty bad there.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #634
Nico
Administrator

Thanked 1,252 Times in 897 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The other thing to remember with that kind of policing is that before the crack down they may have been catching 10% of those DUI. Post crackdown they may be catching 50% of those DUI... Harsher policing and a drop in numbers would suggest a significant drop in people driving under the influence...

04 600RR

Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #635
whtphx
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post

<rant>

I know im paranoid now. and I know it definitely curved my drinking habits... to zero. haha. im 28 now. I actually started drinking when i was 26. and by no means was i college kid status ever. i drank socially - wines. beer. never to get trashed. so im back to being a non-drinker. i wasnt missing out on much in my first 26yrs... and after dealing with this dui, i coulda missed out on this! and i wouldnt have minded one bit. but peep it.... a HUGE majority of the state is unaware of what the laws are. I will say its everyone's responsibility to know the law and respect it - but c'mon now... nobody ever reads the fine print. so i do blame people, i do blame myself. but i also blame the state for not doing better to educate everyone... they are more about punishment than prevention. If they really cared, they'd put that money they are making from DUI arrests into prevention.... for example:

Many arizonans dont know that its a zero tolerance state... meaning - even if you are below the legal limit of .08, if law enforcement feels that you are in any way impaired, they can pop you. I served my 24hrs in jail (tent city, look it up. it was like stayin at the hilton..... not!) - and alot of people there were like, homemakers - moms - smart people... who decided to only have like, one drink. one glass of wine. and they paid their fees (for me, total for the DUI was about $3800, not counting increased insurance costs which i still pay) and have interlock for 1yr or more depending on the severity of the dui (2012 they changed the law to interlock only being 6months for first time offenders - i got grandfathered and have to do 12months) - plus jail time. Plus substance abuse classes. plus license suspension. plus MADD panels. plus the stigma of now being a dui offender.

Many arizonans also dont know that the day they got their AZ driver's license, they consented to giving blood/urine samples to any cop that suspected them of driving under the influence. Refusing to provide one will mean higher penalties if you are convicted. I didn't refuse my blood test so I got the minimums. Most people refuse, thinking they have a right to - DONT REFUSE!

Many arizonans dont know that DUI doesnt mean just alcohol. Meaning - there are alot of people that have DUIs and had ZERO BAC - but they were under pain killers or other drugs that impaired their judgement. AZ law still does not differentiate - and those people still serve same penalties as alcohol offenders (YES. They still need to have interlock and go to MADD, etc etc).

What I do think AZ is bad for though, is REPEAT offenders. There's LOTS of those. I heard about a kid that was drunk driving - plowed into a car of college kids going home from school - killed them both - he survived. Turns out, he was some rich kid that had gotten a DUI before but had his lawyers and his money bail him - he didnt care about the fees. He could afford them. Turns out also that he had crashed his camaro before - while drunk driving (didnt hurt anyone then) - He got another camaro of course. Neither of the cars had interlock - it was required... but what did he care if he didnt fulfill his punishment? He had $$ to get him out of whatever crunch he got into.

So - do the laws work? Does the punishment? For those with enough sense, yes. but there are some people out there that are on that drink like a crack fiend. Alcohol is their friend and they drink it like they drink water - they will do anything to keep drinking, but carry on a normal life. Those people need to be institutionalized and barred from ever having a license or any kind of vehicle/machinery - they drink and drive - they are brandishing a weapon. You put away people that threaten the lives of others with guns or violence... how is this any different?

..... i think i am getting beside the point. and getting emotional. i need to chill. hahaha. anyways! as motorcycle riders - we deal with enough **** on the roads and enough stupid drivers. We of all people need to be more cognizant because more people than you think drive drunk...

and if you ever thought "it will never happen to me" ... i pray for you the most.

</rant>
asv break/clutch levers
r&g racing sliders (frame/fork/bar end)
puig fender kit
clear alternatives integrated tail light
lp flushmount turn signals

hotbodies gp windscreen

whtphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #636
ctekguy
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You do any kinda shopping in Scottsdale and you'll see almost everyone with a interlock system in their car..lol This town/state is no joke fo sho!

Makes living walking distance to old town nice though..

Very sweet of you to offer being a DD as often as you did. Hope you are doing well girl, it's been a long time.

MSF Basic Rider Course Locations - http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercourses.aspx?
Houston Press News - http://www.houstonpress.com/2005-10-...speed-racers/1
Wind Chill Calculator - http://www.ridemyown.com/windchill.shtml
A* Ridge Waterproof Riding Boots Review - http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=204100
ctekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #637
whtphx
Knee Dragger

bike is now SOLD. sad sad day.... sad holiday without my baby.
asv break/clutch levers
r&g racing sliders (frame/fork/bar end)
puig fender kit
clear alternatives integrated tail light
lp flushmount turn signals

hotbodies gp windscreen

whtphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #638
-Rizzo-
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forget It

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
This thread is sad

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

2003 600RR, 14 Subaru WRX & 95 Civic CX Hatch
(
East Lansing, MI)

September 2012 BOTM

My Build
UPDATE: P. 42 (ALL MODS INSTALLED)
-Rizzo- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #639
crashkhanman
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Any plans to get another one?

'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
crashkhanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #640
CBR Time
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wait what have i missed here, oh you sold your bike :( new bike for xmas perhaps :)
CBR Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #641
White RepsoL
AMA Supersport Racer

Dui's and Az are harsh speaking from personal experience.
White RepsoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #642
sumone
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
DUIs are bad in general. And how is this still open????? B

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

for adrenaline junky shenanigans:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjccww/videos?view=0

c><----- Save the TA-TA's----------c><
sumone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #643
Snowflake
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
BUMP because I am at work and don't feel like working and need some amusement.

:po pcorn:

VR46 by my whore Sinny! Love you.

http://www.facebook.com/VR46LVR
RIP PHATSTUD...GODSPEED
Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #644
D1stylz
BOTM Winner 03/14

HAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa

My simple build.
D1stylz is online now   Reply With Quote