went to jail :( - Page 4 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #91
Nico
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 950 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaleh View Post
"And just a heads up swirving to "warm up the tires" is all bs... What people don't understand is that stopping and going in acceleration and friction on the road from rotation is what warms up tires..."

are you guys saying that the friction between the tires and the road is the same when going in a straight line as when throwing the bike left and right ?
Heat generated by the friction between the tyre and the road surface has very little to do with it. Heat generated by the deformation of the tyre has everything to do with it... the tyre deforms more under acceleration and braking, hence it warms the tyres up faster.

And how did you go in court mate?

04 600RR

Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #92
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Heat generated by the friction between the tyre and the road surface has very little to do with it. Heat generated by the deformation of the tyre has everything to do with it... the tyre deforms more under acceleration and braking, hence it warms the tyres up faster.

And how did you go in court mate?
deformation of the tire has to do with friction

Your daily dose of pre-workout motivation, fitness articles, and whatever it takes to go beast-mode on em

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Painan...40363356065027
salsaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #93
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

There is your excuse for the next time, "Sorry officer, i'm just trying to deform my tires" ;)
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #94
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

UPDATES !!!

went to the police station today, went into court and waited for our names for almost 30 mins, the hall got empty, judge left, and no one called our names.

Sat outside and waited for about 2 hours until the prosecutor called us into his office, sat us down, and informed us that the 2nd party did not attend (police officers), and thats why our turn didnt come.

The prosecutor was EXTREMELY nice (I realized the higher someones rank is, the less he feels the need to practice his power), he explained that if it was in his hand, he wouldv charged us with the minimum fines and let it go. It sorta looked like he was on our side, and then he put in-front of us our options :

1. We could accept the charges by the police officer, pay the fines, get our licenses withdrawn from us for 1-3 months, pay the fines (800$), and get the hell out

2. Refuse the charges, wait for the postponed court date almost 2 weeks away (unassigned, but they will call us on our cellphones), face the police officers in court and get a chance of the fines getting canceled (we were told that this worked for 2 out of 170 similar cases so far)

At first, we were ready to pay the fines and get the issue over with (avoid waiting for the postponed court date and delay of results), we told the prosecutor that we are ready to pay the fines, and let the whole thing go, but then he made us feel that is not what he wants us to do, he explained that if that cop is really mistaken, then he needs to be held responsible for what he put us through and that we are the court's only link to get a hold of that officer and stop him from continuing what he is doing to others on the street.

the good thing (or bad thing, not sure yet as I cant remember) is that they are going to check their road-cams monitoring system (known as the eagle eye) in order to see what we actually were doing on the road. Im kinda scared as I really dont remember if I did anything stupid at the beginning of the ride. But im pretty sure that the roads were empty and its gna be obvious that we weren't stunting/racing/showing off, and it wasnt worth what were put through !!

Your daily dose of pre-workout motivation, fitness articles, and whatever it takes to go beast-mode on em

Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #95
slblack
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastySS View Post
Welcome to not America?
hah, seriously though, ive lived all over the world including dubai and NOTHING comes close to good ol USA.

owning a bike here is the more fun than owning an exotic car in dubai. The variety of roads, landscapes and people makes it pretty much the best motorcycle country in the world.

Last edited by slblack; 11-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.
slblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #96
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slblack View Post
hah, seriously though, ive lived all over the world including dubai and NOTHING comes close to good ol USA.

owning a bike here is the more fun than owning an exotic car in dubai. The variety of roads, landscapes and people makes it pretty much the best motorcycle country in the world.
every place has its advantages and disadvantages

Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #97
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
UPDATES !!!

went to the police station today, went into court and waited for our names for almost 30 mins, the hall got empty, judge left, and no one called our names.

Sat outside and waited for about 2 hours until the prosecutor called us into his office, sat us down, and informed us that the 2nd party did not attend (police officers), and thats why our turn didnt come.

The prosecutor was EXTREMELY nice (I realized the higher someones rank is, the less he feels the need to practice his power), he explained that if it was in his hand, he wouldv charged us with the minimum fines and let it go. It sorta looked like he was on our side, and then he put in-front of us our options :

1. We could accept the charges by the police officer, pay the fines, get our licenses withdrawn from us for 1-3 months, pay the fines (800$), and get the hell out

2. Refuse the charges, wait for the postponed court date almost 2 weeks away (unassigned, but they will call us on our cellphones), face the police officers in court and get a chance of the fines getting canceled (we were told that this worked for 2 out of 170 similar cases so far)

At first, we were ready to pay the fines and get the issue over with (avoid waiting for the postponed court date and delay of results), we told the prosecutor that we are ready to pay the fines, and let the whole thing go, but then he made us feel that is not what he wants us to do, he explained that if that cop is really mistaken, then he needs to be held responsible for what he put us through and that we are the court's only link to get a hold of that officer and stop him from continuing what he is doing to others on the street.

the good thing (or bad thing, not sure yet as I cant remember) is that they are going to check their road-cams monitoring system (known as the eagle eye) in order to see what we actually were doing on the road. Im kinda scared as I really dont remember if I did anything stupid at the beginning of the ride. But im pretty sure that the roads were empty and its gna be obvious that we weren't stunting/racing/showing off, and it wasnt worth what were put through !!
Well glad your options are not as gloomy as I thought they would be. If you weren't riding like a jackass as you say, then I would without a doubt go for the second option for the following reasons:

- Save the cash
- Potential for reducing the time without your license from 1-3 months to 2 or 3 weeks (if you prevail).
- Teach that cop a lesson, so he doesnt put other riders through the same **** you experienced over and over.

Since the prosecutor is encouraging you to go for the second option, make sure you tell him (if you go for it) to try and help you in whatever way he can and that you appreciate his help.

Best of luck and keep us posted. Sully estekhara if you know what I mean.

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #98
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
every place has its advantages and disadvantages
True; but you got to admit the number of tracks in the US alone and how easy it is to get a track day is absolutely sport-biker heaven IMO compared to MENA.

Co-President of Team46

Amat Victoria Curam
Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #99
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Well glad your options are not as gloomy as I thought they would be. If you weren't riding like a jackass as you say, then I would without a doubt go for the second option for the following reasons:

- Save the cash
- Potential for reducing the time without your license from 1-3 months to 2 or 3 weeks (if you prevail).
- Teach that cop a lesson, so he doesnt put other riders through the same **** you experienced over and over.

Since the prosecutor is encouraging you to go for the second option, make sure you tell him (if you go for it) to try and help you in whatever way he can and that you appreciate his help.

Best of luck and keep us posted. Sully estekhara if you know what I mean.
I couldnt sully eztikhara it all happened in his office, I had to take a decisiion on the spot

Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #100
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
True; but you got to admit the number of tracks in the US alone and how easy it is to get a track day is absolutely sport-biker heaven IMO compared to MENA.
yeah thats true, I think in all of the UAE there are 4 to 5 places only where you could actually enjoy riding ...

Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #101
SilentSun
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
UPDATES !!!

Best of luck mate.

Do you think that after it gets thrown out, it would be possible to counter sue the police for all the time/stress/fatigue and anything else you can think of, that this whole stupid thing has caused?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #102
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I couldnt sully eztikhara it all happened in his office, I had to take a decisiion on the spot
I see, Allah ma3ak.

Also consider Silent's suggestion, it would be something no rider can thank you enough for in the UAE if somehow that cop gets reprimanded enough to stop him from harassing riders.

Co-President of Team46

Amat Victoria Curam

Last edited by Rad Rage; 11-19-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #103
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I see, Allah ma3ak.

Also consider Silent's suggestion, it would be something no rider can thank you enough for in the UAE if somehow that cop gets reprimanded enough to stop him from harassing riders.
I would be hoping for a lot, wish I had time though.

All I wana do is get this thing over with. I have nothing personal against that police officer, He was an a$shole to me but Im pretty sure in his eyes what he saw me do puts me at fault and he is pretty convinced I was putting the life of others in danger (although there wasnt 1 vehicle on the road)...

Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #104
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSun View Post
Best of luck mate.

Do you think that after it gets thrown out, it would be possible to counter sue the police for all the time/stress/fatigue and anything else you can think of, that this whole stupid thing has caused?
Maybe in the states, dont think itl work in this country though ...

Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #105
Nico
Administrator

Quote:
deformation of the tire has to do with friction
Friction in the way most people think of it in this context is what holds the tyre in place on the road, deformation of the carcass can be caused by placing a lateral load on the tyre by swerving from side to side... that deformation is what causes the tyre to heat up. However it isn't a good way to do it as the magnitude of that force is considerably below what can be achieved by accelerating and braking.

And I say "in the way most people think of it in this context" because technically, yes you are correct. The deformation of the carcass causes internal stresses to develop, the stress across each part of the structure causes internal friction, the mechanism by which the tyre gets heated.

04 600RR

The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:
salsaleh (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #106
motoguy415
Knee Dragger

brillaint, swurvin doesn warm up yo tyers

trying to argue with cops eh? wow you sure told them !

seriously though, what Nico said, acceleration and braking :)

good luck!

Last edited by motoguy415; 11-19-2012 at 03:52 PM.
motoguy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #107
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Friction in the way most people think of it in this context is what holds the tyre in place on the road, deformation of the carcass can be caused by placing a lateral load on the tyre by swerving from side to side... that deformation is what causes the tyre to heat up. However it isn't a good way to do it as the magnitude of that force is considerably below what can be achieved by accelerating and braking.

And I say "in the way most people think of it in this context" because technically, yes you are correct. The deformation of the carcass causes internal stresses to develop, the stress across each part of the structure causes internal friction, the mechanism by which the tyre gets heated.
couldn't have been explained better !!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #108
tary preisser
Moto GP Racer

be careful in court.

only answer the directly asked question.

say yes/no as much as possible....details only if pressed.

there is no reason why you should not "wiggle" your bike to check that all is OK.

you did stay in lane....but "other traffic" may be an issue in the police eye....

so, wear best suit....tell the truth....and that you did not exceed speed limit!

and that you stopped!
tary preisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #109
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tary preisser View Post
be careful in court.

only answer the directly asked question.

say yes/no as much as possible....details only if pressed.

there is no reason why you should not "wiggle" your bike to check that all is OK.

you did stay in lane....but "other traffic" may be an issue in the police eye....

so, wear best suit....tell the truth....and that you did not exceed speed limit!

and that you stopped!

Ok, the prosecuter already told me to only answer to whatever questions/claims the judge and police officers are making, are you saying I should make my answers as brief as possible ? yes/no only ? shall i try and explain myself ? or just stick to answering whatever they are asking me ?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #110
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Ok, the prosecuter already told me to only answer to whatever questions/claims the judge and police officers are making, are you saying I should make my answers as brief as possible ? yes/no only ? shall i try and explain myself ? or just stick to answering whatever they are asking me ?
The most important thing is to think before you speak, seriously. Make sure that what you are saying is in your favor and don't trust anyone in the courtroom except your lawyer (if you have one), no one else. Be polite and if you feel a yes/no answer will not suffice, then don't give it. Ask permission from the judge to explain a point and do so.

Co-President of Team46

Amat Victoria Curam

Last edited by Rad Rage; 11-20-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #111
Nico
Administrator

Quote:
The thing about lawyers is that they are very good at taking two things that you say out of context and making them look contradictory. Both of those things can be the absolute truth but by the time a lawyer is through with it everyone will be convinced you were lying.

Answer with as little detail as necessary to clearly illustrate the point you are making and whatever you do only tell the truth. That means if you aren't 100% sure about something don't say it. The words "I'm not sure" should never come out of your mouth.

It's all about making sure you don't tie yourself in knots by trying to explain what you were doing, you need to tell them what you were doing at the time and if the judge wishes to know more they will tell you as much.

Be brief, truthful and respectful. Especially to the judge and the police officer.

04 600RR

Old 11-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #112
sameh90
AMA Supersport Racer

hey dude, sorry to hear about that .. just few questions, answer me with pm if you prefer...i am sure i'll find you good advice:
-are you local?
-if no how long have you been in the country?
-were you pulled over by a dubai, shj or a.d. patrol?
sameh90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #113
kamurder
Training Wheel Hero

Thats a lame story as well. This summer a 3 cops came and arrested me at 430 in the AM and took me to jail then impounded my bike from my house. Apparently a month before this a guy ran from the cops and made them look like pussies with his yellow cbr. Then 3 days after this incident they see me riding through the area coming home from my 12hr shift in the Emergency room for the 3rd day in a row. They assume im the same guy and apply for a warrant the judge signs off becuase im white and have a yellow bike and was in the area. MY city has 100,000 people. Then after being bailed out of jail on a 30000 bond i found out the time this happened (1am) went to my work got recordings of my bike in the parking garage and me in the ER and slapped the prosecutors in the face with it. Thank god i was at work that night because who honestly has a video camera on them at all times. So they dropped the charges even though i sat in jail for 1.5 days.....i have never even had a ticket before. Then i sued there asses and the money is pending any day now. Cops are dumbasses who couldnt make it past high school and have some sort of power trip they think we all need to know about. They dont protect or serve anything except themselves.

all in all at least i get money for new stuff!
kamurder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kamurder For This Useful Post:
scotts06rr (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #114
Neptune
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamurder View Post
Thats a lame story as well. This summer a 3 cops came and arrested me at 430 in the AM and took me to jail
Yeah well last summer at 431 in the am the swat team busted down my door and shot me with rubber bullets to the chest! I wasn't done there though, I rose up, judo chopped each seat guy and got out of the house by jumping through a window. Ignoring the deep gashes from the breaking window I sprinted down the street only to be hit by a cop car crossing the street. I would have fought back however i was in pain, shock and tired, he was able to wrestle me to the ground then they finally took me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #115
NaturalPhenomenon
AMA Supersport Racer

Sue them for everything they got, that's messed up

Sent from my LG-C800 using Motorcycle.com Free App
NaturalPhenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #116
scotts06rr
Knee Dragger

Err... I get so angry at cops just reading these. I've been pulled over by D-bag cops before but never had anything like that happen. Thank goodness

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
scotts06rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #117
SilentSun
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Yeah well last summer at 431 in the am the swat team busted down my door and shot me with rubber bullets to the chest! I wasn't done there though, I rose up, judo chopped each seat guy and got out of the house by jumping through a window. Ignoring the deep gashes from the breaking window I sprinted down the street only to be hit by a cop car crossing the street. I would have fought back however i was in pain, shock and tired, he was able to wrestle me to the ground then they finally took me in.
SUCH. A. BOSS!

Also, salsaleh, any news on this? never caught the date of your trial.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentSun For This Useful Post:
scotts06rr (11-28-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #118
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh90 View Post
hey dude, sorry to hear about that .. just few questions, answer me with pm if you prefer...i am sure i'll find you good advice:
-are you local?
-if no how long have you been in the country?
-were you pulled over by a dubai, shj or a.d. patrol?
in mot local
been in this country for 23 years (all my life)
AD police

Old 12-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #119
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

UPDATES UPDATES

after all this wait, went to court, and it was nothing like I expected
It was very brief, straight to the point, and seemed like the judge already had his mind set before I even walked in

He gave me a father/son talk, explained how bad what I did was, as if he saw it with his eyes, and told me that I was lucky i was only locked up for 2 days

He didnt even ask me anything or hear my point of view, he was like the policeman is a country official, and he has sworn to serve and protect, and whatever the policeman says should and will be taken for granted. (fked up i know)

the only time I was allowed to talk was when he asked me "Will you ever do this again?", i fealt like I was back in high-school, and all I said was No.

he kept on preaching, charged me with reckless driving (600$), + not abiding my lane (180$).
My license was withdrawn, will be given back in 30 days, HOWEVER, I have exceeded the black points limit on my license and so I believe it will be confiscated for another 3 months later (not sure but I guess thts how the system is)

ANYWAYS, enough with the bad news,

GOOD NEWS
my bike has been in the impound lot for 30 days, and it was time to get it back. I went there and they explained that only someone with a valid motorcycle driving license can claim my bike from the impound lot. got my friend, went there and after 1 hour of them looking for my motorcycle keys, they found them, and i went to my bike to see it covered in a coat of sand and dust. I ddnt really car as I expected it to be tipped over on the side or something, but it was in a better condition than I expected.
My aftermarket gascap has turned from black to bronze, as a result of sitting there under the sun, and my chain seemed to be very dry.
Oh and there were tons of bikes there, food delivery bikes, vespas, an s1000, and a couple of Gixxers. some of the gixxers looked like theyv been there for at least 5 years
I think my bike was the only not extended one out there.

I had two bottles of water, washed the area around the gas tank and the seat, put in the key, and the fuel pump priming sound was extremely low. so I was worried my battery was dead or something, however, i turned the key and gave her some throttle and voila it started !!!! u shudv seen the smile on my face, that moment I forgot about my license and all that crap.

my friend rode her back home, and told me that everything felt smooth on his ride back.
I really didnt know how much I value her until they took her away. what im planning now is to install the silencer in my the exhaust, NEVER RIDE IN GROUPS, and ALWAYS RIDE IN A STRAIGHT LINE !!!

Old 12-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #120
DrunknMunky
Training Wheel Hero

ok wait...you took the advice of a prosecutor? the person whose job it is to CONVICT people. this wasn't a defense attorney. this is someone that has a reputation to maintain by CONVICTING people. he told you only 2 out or 170 cases got let off, proceeded to tell you to pursue it and you said ok? not that you came out any worse but still.

and not all cops are douchebags. ijs :)
DrunknMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement