ticket for parking in own driveway : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
zhjiln
AMA Supersport Racer
 
zhjiln's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fresno
Posts: 540
Images: 16
Thanks: 84
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ticket for parking in own driveway

my household has 4 cars... 2 parked in front and 2 just behind, the latter blocks the sidewalk... but i thought paying for the house we get the full driveway ..we have been parking this way for 5 years with no problems.. but all of sudden this ticket...

was the Fresno city official just a douche looking to make quota ?
cops pass my house everyday with not a problem.. but this city parking dude pissed me off...
__________________
"Why are there so many memes and jokes about Chuck Norris but no jokes about Bruce Lee?
I answered: "Because, Bruce Lee is no joke."

- some guy on youtube
zhjiln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
PattyK
Pocketbike Racer
 
PattyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 459
Thanks: 9
Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seems pretty stupid to me. Especially since he issued you a ticket rather than some sort of warning.
PattyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
 
sincalirider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Visalia, Ca
Posts: 23,603
Thanks: 1,003
Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'd put money on it you got some neighbor either pissed off or someone new to the area that called and complained. Those kind of tickets rarely get handed out because an officer wants to write it up.

I mention it because my parents got in trouble from Visalia PD a few years back because their fence extends to the sidewalk. Apparently there is an ordinance that states a fence has to be 3 feet short of the sidewalk I think. If you look around the city though tons of people do this. We found out later some neighbor was pissed off because they parked their boat on the street and took my parents down with them as well.
__________________
sincalirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
sjowol
Pocketbike Racer
 
sjowol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 319
Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
can't block the sidewalk, seems pretty clear to me (what about people in a wheelchair or parents with strollers?) but a warning would have been nice. so a douche? yes! but one that is right nonetheless
sjowol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor
 
HardRacing.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Charlotte_NC OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER
Posts: 3,596
Thanks: 2
Thanked 90 Times in 81 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Let us know how it turn's out, since I know you are going to try and get out of it.

.
__________________
HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
OHLINS_Premier Dealer_Great_Prices, Tech_Support, Full_Staff_of_Sales_Reps, Fast_Shipping, Large_Inventory and Excellent_Customer_service.
Become a FAN & And get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals. Celebrating our 14th year in business.
HardRacing. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Bridge_Jumper
Moto GP Racer
 
Bridge_Jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Land O' Cheese
Posts: 7,167
Thanks: 326
Thanked 1,045 Times in 887 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
unfortunately the sidewalk is considered to be on the public right of way. I think you should have gotten a warning instead of the ticket. Your best bet would be to call the city department that deals with code enforcement and talk to them about it. You could tell them that you didn't know and maybe they will dismiss the ticket
__________________
2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
Bridge_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
zhjiln
AMA Supersport Racer
 
zhjiln's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fresno
Posts: 540
Images: 16
Thanks: 84
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well nothing really to do but pay it... so damn troublesome..
now when Fresno State bulldogs play a game i cant park in the driveway or the curb.. ..bogus..
__________________
"Why are there so many memes and jokes about Chuck Norris but no jokes about Bruce Lee?
I answered: "Because, Bruce Lee is no joke."

- some guy on youtube
zhjiln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
TheX
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 12,146
Images: 2
Thanks: 124
Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,282 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjowol View Post
can't block the sidewalk, seems pretty clear to me (what about people in a wheelchair or parents with strollers?) but a warning would have been nice. so a douche? yes! but one that is right nonetheless
I hate when people block the sidewalk. It's there for a reason.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
TheX will speak the honest truth. But that is a foreign language to many.

Last edited by TheX; 11-20-2012 at 04:14 PM.
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Dynamic
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Dynamic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver/Whistler
Posts: 1,290
Thanks: 43
Thanked 146 Times in 132 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's funny cuz the city says the sidewalk is their property and you can't park on it, however when it snows the city says its your duty as the homeowner to clear it.
__________________
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
rlee350
AMA Supersport Racer
 
rlee350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 529
Images: 1
Thanks: 13
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
It's funny cuz the city says the sidewalk is their property and you can't park on it, however when it snows the city says its your duty as the homeowner to clear it.
So true. I wanted the the driveway extended since the house I use to live at was built in 1911. The city said yes it should be widened but I had to get permits and pay myself to do it.

Why was the parking ticket guy a douche? For doing his job?


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Last edited by rlee350; 11-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.
rlee350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
kritip
Pocketbike Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 303
Thanks: 31
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got any pics of your normal setup, and how much is the tiket?
kritip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
zhjiln
AMA Supersport Racer
 
zhjiln's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fresno
Posts: 540
Images: 16
Thanks: 84
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/x...jiln/image.jpg
also the sidewalk ends at my house... so anyone walking or jogging has use the curb/street right after the driveway ...

still not happy ...but at least the ticket wasn't too bad...
__________________
"Why are there so many memes and jokes about Chuck Norris but no jokes about Bruce Lee?
I answered: "Because, Bruce Lee is no joke."

- some guy on youtube
zhjiln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
sjowol
Pocketbike Racer
 
sjowol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 319
Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
sorry mate but parked like that i do think you deserve the ticket.
sjowol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #14
COBRA90GT
World Superbike Racer
 
COBRA90GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: HOCKEYTOWN MI
Posts: 1,574
Thanks: 31
Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's common courtesy to avoid blocking the sidewalk - lesson learned.

Sounds like it was a city code/parking enforcement official who ticketed the OP? No different than issuing a ticket for an expired meter, it's just a fact of life.

Maybe the OP upset a neighbor who likes to jog or walk their kids around the block and they called the meter guy out...meh.
__________________
- '08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)
- '11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR
- '06 Black & Metallic Gray RC51

COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
zhjiln
AMA Supersport Racer
 
zhjiln's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fresno
Posts: 540
Images: 16
Thanks: 84
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok .. guess thats that... the more you know ..
__________________
"Why are there so many memes and jokes about Chuck Norris but no jokes about Bruce Lee?
I answered: "Because, Bruce Lee is no joke."

- some guy on youtube
zhjiln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
tripage
LED Surgeon General

 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 13,372
Thanks: 361
Thanked 484 Times in 386 Posts
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
I don't have a sidewalk so I don't have to worry about things like this but if you want to be a D take 2 of your cars and parallel park them at the entrance to your driveway and take a picture of the sidewalk not being blocked. I guess you can't park in the street either since you have hydrant right there. The other thing you can do is not cut the grass at the street and tell the city they need to come cut their grass since it's not your driveway until after the sidewalk.
__________________
1000rr turn signal mirrors to fit 600rr.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=241395
07-12 RR IT taillight:
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...tegory&path=36
IT taillight install:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9O_P34yOd-c
Become a fan of Tripage Get Discount codes and specials
http://www.facebook.com/TripageLED


TripageLED.com
Sales@TripageLED.com
tripage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
Bridge_Jumper
Moto GP Racer
 
Bridge_Jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Land O' Cheese
Posts: 7,167
Thanks: 326
Thanked 1,045 Times in 887 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Since you say the sidewalk ends right there, it wouldn't hurt to call the city and talk to somebody about it. Explain that you didn't know you couldn't park across the sidewalk since it ends at your driveway
__________________
2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
Bridge_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
maine_CBR
Moto GP Racer
 
maine_CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MAINE
Posts: 2,782
Thanks: 100
Thanked 166 Times in 159 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
It's funny cuz the city says the sidewalk is their property and you can't park on it, however when it snows the city says its your duty as the homeowner to clear it.
really??? our town goes around with a snow-blower and clear the side walks. my apartment snow removal is included and at my parents they're is no sidewalk. so i've never had to worry about it.
__________________
2003 CBR600RR - 21,250 MILES
LEO VINCE SLIP-ON
TARGA FENDER ELIMINATOR
FLUSH MOUNTS
PILOT ROAD2's

2W1R: Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumone View Post
you saw that porno too!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighzerOfLife View Post
Obviously monkey directed it.
maine_CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
wrathsrr
Lifetime Premium
 
wrathsrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saline, Mi....
Posts: 3,535
Thanks: 168
Thanked 349 Times in 316 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Around these parts. County owns 66' feet. 33' from center of road. Property owner must maintain it. If not... county will come out and mow or shovel and send you the bill. You don't wanna pay their hourly wages. Ever watch them work?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
hey pound town is going to take over as a saying
Keeper of the Bucket-2W1R

My build thread...
[/I]http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=6111490#post6111490
wrathsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
kali_cbr600rr
Moto GP Racer
 
kali_cbr600rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,291
Thanks: 99
Thanked 951 Times in 863 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my girl came over my house the other day and parked as you did, i told her to move her ride so she don't get a ticket for blocking the sidewalk... she parked on street, next morning - LOL - she finds a ticket on her window, damn street cleaning
__________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures
---------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE THREAD: Shields(2) & Shield Holder/Gloves (2)/Riding Pants/Tires (2) ~ CLICK HERE
kali_cbr600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.



Powered by: vBulletin | vBadvanced CMPS & Gallery
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum