So I got a ticket...... - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > General Discussion

General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

Sponsored by: TCX Boots

Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,816 Times in 1,214 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_CBR View Post
traffic school after a ticket???? wow, last ticket i got (summer 10) all i had to do was pay my fine and be on my way.. 180$ btw... 44 in a 35 MPH zone
Traffic school keeps the ticket off of your insurance so your rates don't go up.
TheX is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
sincalirider (11-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #32
Bimmerx2
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroPop View Post
2 tickets and pulled over 2 times (1 time being searched and 2nd was bc of my license plate.) both where warnings

read it a 3rd time and you might figure it out. Now tell me more about whats going on in my life.
Dude, you share plenty about "your life" on this forum. The tone or content of most of your posts revolve around how you don't follow rules or ragging on people who do. You're getting pulled over because you're doing something that you full well know is going to get you in trouble and now you're trying to defend how many times you've been pulled over. You're making a conscious choice to play the bad boy, that's what life as a bad boy is about, being constantly hassled. I suppose it's a lifestyle choice but ironically it's one that actually gives someone else power over you, not the other way around.

It's all about having a grown up attitude. You and your buddies seem to treat the bikes like toys and the streets like a playground. I'm sure that feels good (I loved the playground when I was a little kid too) but you actually felt the need to come here and ask if everyone else is having friends crash constantly - the answer was no. At the rate you're going you should be out of riding buddies before next spring. The reality is that most of us don't act like that. Sure, everyone will "speed" once in a while but there is a difference between being what I call a smart speeder and being a guy that is running around yelling "hey everyone look at me, I'm a lawbreaker, ain't it cool?". You're in the 2nd category and that's why you get to help fund the local economy through a forced donation.

Sorry you got busted but I'm not at all surprised because you are, in simple terms, an easy target. Hopefully you'll actually do what you said and "Live and Learn". The fact you're arguing about how many times you've been stopped and rationalizing that a couple of times only got warnings says you're not making much progress.

As for track days, come out to Ridesmart even if it won't help with the ticket. I can help hook you up with the right guys to make sure you get the first timer discount. You'll find a lot of guys who love bikes as much as you do and will hopefully learn something that might save your life. Plus it's just an absolute blast to ride the track. Heck, time it right and you can have The X insult you in person Unfortunately the season is over in a couple of weeks so it might be a few months before you can get out there.

Current stable:
05 Honda CBR 600RR (track only)
06 BMW R1200 GS (sold)
08 Honda CBR 1000RR (street only)
12 BMW K1600GTL

Motorcycle Road Trips I've Taken: http://lonemuser.blogspot.com/p/moto...rip-index.html
Bimmerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bimmerx2 For This Useful Post:
mvisher (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
ToroPop
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerx2 View Post
Dude, you share plenty about "your life" on this forum. The tone or content of most of your posts revolve around how you don't follow rules or ragging on people who do. You're getting pulled over because you're doing something that you full well know is going to get you in trouble and now you're trying to defend how many times you've been pulled over. You're making a conscious choice to play the bad boy, that's what life as a bad boy is about, being constantly hassled. I suppose it's a lifestyle choice but ironically it's one that actually gives someone else power over you, not the other way around.

It's all about having a grown up attitude. You and your buddies seem to treat the bikes like toys and the streets like a playground. I'm sure that feels good (I loved the playground when I was a little kid too) but you actually felt the need to come here and ask if everyone else is having friends crash constantly - the answer was no. At the rate you're going you should be out of riding buddies before next spring. The reality is that most of us don't act like that. Sure, everyone will "speed" once in a while but there is a difference between being what I call a smart speeder and being a guy that is running around yelling "hey everyone look at me, I'm a lawbreaker, ain't it cool?". You're in the 2nd category and that's why you get to help fund the local economy through a forced donation.

Sorry you got busted but I'm not at all surprised because you are, in simple terms, an easy target. Hopefully you'll actually do what you said and "Live and Learn". The fact you're arguing about how many times you've been stopped and rationalizing that a couple of times only got warnings says you're not making much progress.

As for track days, come out to Ridesmart even if it won't help with the ticket. I can help hook you up with the right guys to make sure you get the first timer discount. You'll find a lot of guys who love bikes as much as you do and will hopefully learn something that might save your life. Plus it's just an absolute blast to ride the track. Heck, time it right and you can have The X insult you in person Unfortunately the season is over in a couple of weeks so it might be a few months before you can get out there.

I stopped after the first 3 word. I'm glad you had fun responding! I made this post to get a response to maybe find a better way to handle this ticket which I have. What I did not do was post asking about what you think about the way I live my life, but its online so I know I will responses like this.. Remember I don't get on her and post about how great and uneventful my ride was, I will only get on here to post the bad, weird or crazy. Funny thing is the X has not even said anything negative yet!

Quote:
Dude I live in dallas bro. Well actually mesquite. My twin just got a ticket on highway 20 this morning hahah. Hit me up we can ride together sometime
Sounds good. I'll shot you a pm with my number.

Last edited by ToroPop; 11-20-2012 at 03:53 PM.
ToroPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #34
Bimmerx2
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I stopped after the first 3 word. ...
Good for you. Why listen when you already know everything...

Please continue to do exactly what you're doing, it's working great - assuming your goal is to be "The Man's" bitch...

Current stable:
05 Honda CBR 600RR (track only)
06 BMW R1200 GS (sold)
08 Honda CBR 1000RR (street only)
12 BMW K1600GTL

Motorcycle Road Trips I've Taken: http://lonemuser.blogspot.com/p/moto...rip-index.html
Bimmerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #35
boostedlt1
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wait are some of you saying you have to pay the ticket AND pay for traffic school?

i've only ever gotten one ticket, like 3 years ago in my car (bullshit that i'm still pissed about to this day lol) and all you have to do out here is pay either the ticket or if you're eligible pay for traffic school

Adam - Slocum Racing
'95 lt1. 355 - 9.4:1 - LE2 heads - LE cam - t70 @ 8psi (until i get moar fuel)
'03 CBR600RR - Two Brothers Slip-On
boostedlt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
COBRA90GT
World Superbike Racer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerx2
...Why listen when you already know everything...

Sigh. Yes, he's "that guy."

COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #37
JohnDoubleR
2ndPrettiestPinay

lulz. to be more honest with you, I say just be more careful and cautious. you're stories match mine when I had my first gixxer :P
JohnDoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #38
tim87tran
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
lulz. to be more honest with you, I say just be more careful and cautious. you're stories match mine when I had my first gixxer :P
It's cause you had a gixxer!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #39
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,685 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
The traffic school is an option to avoid the ticket going on record which in turn will cause a hike in your insurance premium when your policy is due for renewal .In addition in some states like FL the number of school attendance is limited ie you can only go once in a 12 month period and 5 times in a life time unless that attendance is with a court order then and only then that attendance does not count towards your attending record . In general it's cheaper to go to traffic school if possible of course then to pay the insurance hike .

Honrary Chairman

In memory of SpdyG_AK , Close Assault & Phatstud
Moeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
sumone
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I stopped after the first 3 word...
you really should have kept reading...

any way this thread is getting good!

(V) (,,,,) (V)

t(-.- t) [-]

c><----- Save the TA-TA's----------c><
sumone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #41
underoath1122
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerx2 View Post

Yup. Tis is so true

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

03 cbr 600 rr
underoath1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement