» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Polls and Research

Polls and Research Take a poll and discuss your research here

Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Freekman
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pickup vs car with a tow

So I am in the market for a cheap new cage. My 91 corolla probably won't last me the winter. I am looking for the best option for transport my bike. NYST is opening near me and I'm going back and forth to college so I was thinking about getting a pickup. I realized that I don't really need that much towing capacity to pull my rr so maybe I could just get a compact with a hitch. For 5 grand do you think I would be better off getting a small VW or something with a hitch or a pickup.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
ckalous422
AMA Supersport Racer

Well for the money I would assume you could get a car tha is in better shape than a truck for the same amount if money... If you can find a real small trailer for your bike I would think the car would work just fine
Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Pickup truck all day err day!!!

Let me paint you a typical errday scenario!

Your driving home one day in your pickup after a long day of work. You look ahead and notice a huge gravel pile on the side of the road. You think to yourself.....damn that gravel would look nice in my driveway. As you keep looking you see a butt f***ing huge buck walk put of the gravel pile. It's not buck season but I'm talking trophy mother f***ing big!!! You realize you have your desert eagle in yo truck and its loaded :D because your in TEXAS and in TEXAS we still do things the cowboy way!!!

So what do you do???

You quickly pull over, shoot the buck ftw for the motha f***ing win!!! You load him up in the back then drive to the gravel pile and shovel gravel until the buck is well hidden. You close the tonneau cover and no ones the wiser. Later back home you have a nice gravel driveway and a buck head hanging off of your fireplace

Fin!!!!

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

Last edited by weStTXgrEase_mOnKay; 11-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weStTXgrEase_mOnKay For This Useful Post:
LayLow600 (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Adamo3890
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by weStTXgrEase_mOnKay View Post
Pickup truck all day err day!!!

Let me paint you a typical errday scenario!

Your driving home one day in your pickup after a long day of work. You look ahead and notice a huge gravel pile on the side of the road. You think to yourself.....damn that gravel would look nice in my driveway. As you keep looking you see a butt f***ing huge buck walk put of the gravel pile. It's not buck season but I'm talking trophy mother f***ing big!!! You realize you have your desert eagle in yo truck and its loaded :D because your in TEXAS and in TEXAS we still do things the cowboy way!!!

So what do you do???

You quickly pull over, shoot the buck ftw for the motha f***ing win!!! You load him up in the back then drive to the gravel pile and shovel gravel until the buck is well hidden. You close the tonneau cover and no ones the wiser. Later back home you have a nice gravel driveway and a buck head hanging off of your fireplace

Fin!!!!
ATTA BOY!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Adamo3890 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adamo3890 For This Useful Post:
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay (11-24-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
motoguy415
Knee Dragger

Not sure if there is a different speed limit when towing a trailer in NY?

How long is your commute? With uncertain gas prices, and snow, since its doubtful you'll get much 4X4 for 5000K, I would be thinking getting an economical front wheel drive hatch and a harbor freight trailer.

Trust me when I say you'll need everything you save on fuel for your new addiction!
motoguy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
LayLow600
Training Wheel Hero

I've owned a 94 Nissan pickup for a couple of years now. It's perfect for hauling tile or moving a couch. I can tow the RR and get to work if its bad weather. I picked it up, perfect working order 90k for only $2,000.
LayLow600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Freekman
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy415 View Post
Not sure if there is a different speed limit when towing a trailer in NY?

How long is your commute? With uncertain gas prices, and snow, since its doubtful you'll get much 4X4 for 5000K, I would be thinking getting an economical front wheel drive hatch and a harbor freight trailer.

Trust me when I say you'll need everything you save on fuel for your new addiction!
the commute the the track is supposed to be like 2.45 hours and the commute to school is two hours.

in response to everbody else. I would rather get a pick up especially because i could use it to make some extra cash. But i am looking at trucks in the lehigh valley area aswell as NY and most of the are beat. I just want to know if it would be better to get a truck with 100k + or a car with 70K for the same price
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
02gsxxr
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
mileage becomes irrelevant when its that close... 100k to 70k yes their is a 30k difference but what if u buy a 70k car that was beat on and looks clean as appose to a well maintained truck with 100k

2002 GSXR - Sold

2001 F4i Stunt Bike - Sold *didnt have time to really get into the sport*

2007 600rr *White/Silver* - Totaled *Recent accident*

2007 600rr *White/Silver* - New Bike... had to have the same color
02gsxxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement